Sign in to follow this  
mk_ls

Why I wear heels

I have been wearing heels at home and to some meetings with guys like me for years.

I like heels, stiletto and stiletto boots mostly because they get you taller and I love the crushing power of their heels.

that is why I wear exclusively metal heels. I appreciate how it feels walking with them, I really like the sound and also I quite like when my metal heels leave prints  and dents on floors, like wood floors..

i have two pairs of metal heel louboutin and many pairs of steel heel tips boots.

what about you guys?

• Like 1

Hello, and welcome. :)

First post since you joined 2½ years ago, glad to hear from you. B)

Do you mean metal heels, or metal heel tips?

I have a dozen or so pairs of stilettos of various sorts but have to be careful about wooden floors! I wear thicker heels most of the time although I love the feel of stilettos.

i started wearing heels for endurance charity walks.  it was during a charity walk which involved me wearing a pair of 4 inch mary jane platforms for 31 days that i realized that they help ease the pain in my lower spine.  i then decided to buy a pair of heels as daily wear to easy the pain. 

i have now decided that i actually love wearing heels on a daily basis and plan to invest in a few more pairs of heels.  i particuarly like block heel ankle boots especially peeptoe boots with or without an open back.

my ideal heel size for daily wear is between 2.75 inch and 4 inch with no platform.  below are my boots and peeptoes as well as a pair of stiletto peeptoes i intend to get next

next pair.jpgpeeptoes.JPG

boots.JPG

Edited by KRAZY KEV
  • Like 1

i just went heeling to Tesco in my new peeptoe sandal boots and they are wonderful.  they might make my feet ache a little after wearing them for long periods though.  they are otherwise very easy to walk in and have a wonderful feeling when on my feet

2 hours ago, KRAZY KEV said:

i just went heeling to Tesco in my new peeptoe sandal boots and they are wonderful.  they might make my feet ache a little after wearing them for long periods though.  they are otherwise very easy to walk in and have a wonderful feeling when on my feet

What was the general response to your shoes/heels in Tesco?

On 29/09/2016 at 10:27 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

What was the general response to your shoes/heels in Tesco?

to be honest i dont think anyone noticed.  i just walked around doing my shopping like anyone else but cannot say that anyone noticed.  i have worn them for a second time in public but i decided to go barefooted and again nobody noticed. they seem to be getting more comfortable the more i wear them

12 hours ago, KRAZY KEV said:

to be honest i dont think anyone noticed.  i just walked around doing my shopping like anyone else but cannot say that anyone noticed. 

I'd be amazed if 'security' didn't notice. They are paid to look for anomalies, even if everyone else seems too busy to be aware of what's going on around them. Fair play to you for going out in heels to a public/local place.  

Well, I like the way I look in high heel boots and jeans as well, somewhat due to being taller and making my butt look better.  But, I have always been interested in, and attracted to boots ever since I was a kid.  I think this look can be very powerful on guys who can pull it off. 

• Like 1

Hello,

Not all shoes I have do have high heels.

I like ladies shoes due to the diversity they have.

I have shoes from flats like ballerinas, midheel (4 to 6 cm) pumps and boots and some pumps with heels of 10 cm.

I have added a gallery with 18 of the 31 shoes and boots I got.

Bertus

Edited by bertus

So I'm at a company seminar with about 100 women in the room. It's so gratifying seeing only one pair of heels higher than mine...

• Like 1

Given the scarcity of high heels these days that could mean anything. I spent some time loitering in Victoria station last night and out of every hundred or so women that walked by, probably only one or two had higher heels than me - and I was in hiking boots. 

Edited by Shyheels

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Given the scarcity of high heels these days that could mean anything. I spent some time loitering in Victoria station last night and out of every hundred or so women that walked by, probably only one or two had higher heels than me - and I was in hiking boots. 

Absolutely!   I was at lunch last week with my wife (on her birthday), two of her sons and three female relatives.   I happened to be wearing a pair of 2" cuban-heeled boots - higher than anything worn by the others present but scarcely earth-shattering - or nosebleed-inducing.   

8 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Absolutely!   I was at lunch last week with my wife (on her birthday), two of her sons and three female relatives.   I happened to be wearing a pair of 2" cuban-heeled boots - higher than anything worn by the others present but scarcely earth-shattering - or nosebleed-inducing.   

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Credit where it's due .... 100 women at a seminar wouldn't be dressed badly, in fact I'd be surprised if they were anything other than dressed 'competitively'... I'm pretty sure Russ usually wears a 4" heel or higher, so placing himself where he did to find only one pair of heels higher? I also think women are more likely to spot a(nother) heel wearer too. He's a man who likes to live perilously .... 

That's true. A seminar would probably be likely to contain a higher percentage of women in heels. (That said, in an hour of watching peak hour crowds go by in Victoria Station on a Friday night - thousands of passers by; and a pretty good mix of city folk of all manner and stripe - I saw maybe four pairs of stilettos in all, none taller than, say, 3.5 inches) 

Even so, more power to Russ for pursing his style choices. Attending a seminar in heels with 100 well dressed women - whatever the percentage of heel wearers among them - would take a lot of admirable self confidence.  No question about that.

Edited by Shyheels

Yes, the seminar or similar event - or even a Women's Institute meeting - would almost certainly have most women present in more elegant and 'competitive' clothes, including heels.   Subconciously or otherwise, they would want to be 'noticed and admired' by the other women present - and by the men (if any) too.   (Clearly not the issue at my wife's birthday lunch as she had no-one to impress or out-shine - her mother, cousin and niece did not count and neither she nor they have any interest in dressing for my pleasure.) 

As to lurking at Victoria Station, from personal experience I think that a more productive venue would have been Liverpool Street or Fenchurch Street.   Caricature or not, Essex girl is alive and well and more likely to be out in heels than many others.   Alas, white stilettos are not so often seen nowadays.  

You're probably right in that Liverpool Street would have been more productive but Victoria was where I was meeting my friends so I had to make do. And you're quite right, not a single pair of white stilettos to be seen...

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

As to lurking at Victoria Station, from personal experience I think that a more productive venue would have been Liverpool Street or Fenchurch Street.   Caricature or not, Essex girl is alive and well and more likely to be out in heels than many others.   Alas, white stilettos are not so often seen nowadays.  

I would think 'time of day' might change the overall high heel ratio of those using the station too, though some women now use foldable (ballerina) pumps to arrive at their destination, before putting on their 'killer heels' at a bar or club.

If it weren't so expensive to use BR or LT, I would happily do some research in these places. For the sake of debate of course .... ;)  

My heels are about 4.5 inches. I'd say about a third of the women were in heels of some sort. It was a smart casual dress code. At conferences they dress more smartly, and many heels are higher than mine, even if most of those are coupled with platforms (not the London station variety). Actually, I had a new 'excuse' ready if anyone had commented: it was April Fools Day and my wife had put out the wrong shoes for me... Sadly I didn't get a chance to use that line. No one has ever commented, at various company events, or elsewhere. Funnily enough I've worn heels on the Underground, from Euston to Victoria, so you were just there on the wrong day, Shyheels.   ;-)

That would have been a big surprise! I have never seen a guy wearing heels or tall boots. Not once. 

With a size 12 boot it would be hard for me to say my wife had jokingly left out the wrong shoes for me - my boots are pretty definitely mine!

6 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

My heels are about 4.5 inches. I'd say about a third of the women were in heels of some sort. It was a smart casual dress code. At conferences they dress more smartly, and many heels are higher than mine, even if most of those are coupled with platforms (not the London station variety). Actually, I had a new 'excuse' ready if anyone had commented: it was April Fools Day and my wife had put out the wrong shoes for me... Sadly I didn't get a chance to use that line. No one has ever commented, at various company events, or elsewhere. Funnily enough I've worn heels on the Underground, from Euston to Victoria, so you were just there on the wrong day, Shyheels.   ;-)

Are you saying that no-one commented on your heels?   Or showed any obvious reaction to them?   It would be interesting to know what style they were and how much was concealed (under trousers).

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I would think 'time of day' might change the overall high heel ratio of those using the station too, though some women now use foldable (ballerina) pumps to arrive at their destination, before putting on their 'killer heels' at a bar or club.

If it weren't so expensive to use BR or LT, I would happily do some research in these places. For the sake of debate of course .... ;)  

Poor Freddy has told us elsewhere that he has no social life and doesn't go on holiday, but it is sad that he cannot even afford a train ticket to London.  :(   Maybe we should have a Travelcard whip-round?  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Poor Freddy has told us elsewhere that he has no social life and doesn't go on holiday, but it is sad that he cannot even afford a train ticket to London.  :(   Maybe we should have a Travelcard whip-round?  :unsure:

Please do. B) ;) :) There's a very small chance I might enjoy using it. :huh:

I don't holiday now, because I don't fly. Last 2 of 3 of foreign hols were bummers, and the third wasn't much to write home about either. TBH, I've got better things to spend money on. Historically (going back 40 years) I always preferred 50 good weeks, than 50 bad ones saving for a 2 week splurge. A new toy (which could be one of a number of items) has more purpose in my life than 2 weeks of memories I'm too old to (reliably) retain. 

(I have a photograph of an old girlfriend taken 30 years ago, of her walking through the streets of Santa Cruz with me. She is wearing very short shorts, and very high heels. She turned heads. That was a holiday. I can't go back for more of that, as much as I wish I could.)

As to the social life, I don't know many people that have one at my age, that doesn't heavily involve family, and my family is now quite small. I used to go clubbing, and the last time I went (around a year ago), I felt like I was at a pensioners-day-out. I wasn't the youngest by any means, but many there looked a lot older. "Hobbies", which I have, don't produce much physical interaction despite the three main ones producing regular (phone/email) contact with others - none of which is truly social. As an example, when was the last time there was a group meet of men wearing heels in the South of England? Even one arranged on HHp, where there's a lot more forum traffic?

Money for train fares.... I can travel into London at least 4 times (maybe 5 times), on the price of a pair of rail tickets. By car I can go when I want, and leave the moment I want, I don't have to tolerate being overheated when warm weather arrives, nor suffer drunks or foul-mouthed chavs. I HAVE travelled into London's West End from Cockfosters Underground, and there's a report of the journey somewhere that mentions being sat opposite two burly chaps, one of whom got his mate to notice my heels (and who plainly wasn't interested in this revelation.) When we went to see Wicked a couple of years ago, through necessity, I used the Underground while in heels. (Mrs Freddy wore the highest heels I saw all night.) Other than using public transport because I might want to consume alcohol (and I pretty much don't drink), I can't think of a single beneficial reason to use it.

Don't let that stop anyone organising a 'charitable' trip for me though. B) I'd try to make the most of it. ;) B)

Flying is certainly no fun any more. I do a great deal of it - 150,000 miles in the past five months - but there is no joy in any of it. That said, I do like being new places, or revisiting favourite old ones and would much rather have memories than possessions. Which is just as well, because me choice of career has not exactly left me rolling in material wealth, but it has given me a rich store of memories from many lands.

I identify with most of Freddy's experiences (or lack thereof).   Until a few years ago, I resisted foreign holidays for much the same reasons - too much expense and aggravation for the possibility of a stress-free week or fortnight away from it all, rarely achieved.   Much better to spend the time and money on something more permanent and/or within easy reach.   (My preferred - indeed only - regular holiday was a week on the UK canals with a group of like-minded friends, but alas they ceased to be annual fixtures as people 'drifted away' (not literally).)   In more recent years, however, retirement has made an annual holiday more appropriate and do-able and, for me, a week's Mediterranean cruise fits the bill.   So - never say never.

As to a social life, I don't go looking for one but it tends to come to me, mainly courtesy of my wife's circle of friends and some neighbours, all of whom are good company when the occasion is right.   Clubbing and similar activity (heels or not) is not my bag and formal heelmeets have not yet been on the agenda.

As to travel, especially into London on the limited occasions I bother to go there, I find the train is generally the better bet.   Motoring costs are not limited to the immediate cost of fuel as wear-and-tear cannot be ignored and parking etc can be frighteningly expensive.   But I try to avoid (central) London as it is never very welcoming and always expensive.   And flying is generally a complete pain: getting up at some unearthly hour to travel (at some cost) to an airport, endure numerous queues, delays and restrictions - only to fly back over one's house some hours later whilst crammed into an uncomfortable seat.

Must go now - time for my medication and therapy ... 

With the train one can just look out the window, or people watch, or read or even sleep - no need for constant vigilance in traffic as there is driving, and the need to hunt up a parking place.

And while flying has been made far more unpleasant in recent years, there is still the selfish and very 21st century luxury to be had in being incommunicado, left entirely to yourself, free and able to think and do as you please for however many hours duration your flight. I love that part of it.  

I love the business lounges too - the melding of transience and domesticity. Being at home on the road.

Edited by Shyheels