Mules

hh4evr1

I have just ordered two pairs of mules from New Look. I used to like to wear a pair of my sisters, when I first started wearing heels. I recently started looking for a pair for me and most were open toed (for summer), until I found these.

post-856-0-65471400-1418148314.jpg

post-856-0-25988500-1418148323.jpg

I picked up the two pairs ordered today. I prefer the look of the stiletto pair. It has no seams showing. The block heel shoes have a seam/line going down the front and across the width too (won't be noticable when worn though). Both are wide fit (i don't know if there was a non wide fit version) but they fit fine. They will look like boots if worn with long enough trousers/jeans.

I really like mules. Given a choice I would own some Karo ones shown elsewhere. They come with a very high wedge heel, and clear perspex cover with open toes. Lovely!

The ones shown here are nice, but I would prefer a higher heel. If I remember these styles come with a very wearable 4 inch heel? Nice, but not much of a challenge, and wearing a heel out is the only exercise I get at the moment.

I had spotted the second pair with a view to doing the same, wearing them as a boot, but something that slipped off easily when shoe shopping.  ;)  :) I've seen and tried on something similar at Zara but my foot wasn't comfortable in them.

post-40-0-46174400-1418343896_thumb.jpg

The bit at the back of the heel felt like a blister-in-waiting so they were returned.

I've also spotted some elsewhere that had tempted me .... but I don't appear to have bookmarked them. :rolleyes:  [Duh!]

• 11 months later...

I have a pair with the thinner 110mm heels. I am wearing them now. Absolutely fine when you are used to walking in them. I like them because I can slip them on and off easily (not that I slip them off very often).

Bought them from New Look, but have been out of stock for about a year

On 12/10/2015 at 8:27 PM, heely said:

I have a pair with the thinner 110mm heels. I am wearing them now. Absolutely fine when you are used to walking in them. I like them because I can slip them on and off easily (not that I slip them off very often).

Bought them from New Look, but have been out of stock for about a year

Would you have a photo of this pair.

• 6 months later...

Just got these off Ebay. Heels just over 4 inches, and slim at the back - about half and inch. I'm looking forward to wearing these in the warm weather we might have. I like toe-post sandals and snapped these up as they're the highest I've seen. They're Harley Davidson! Why on earth they do high heeled sandals I have no idea, but I wouldn't choose these for riding a hog. However, I'm not complaining. The jeans are hiked up to show the heels - they are floor length but might well get hooked up between my heel and the top of the wedge as I walk. Maybe they'd be best with shorts...

P6291391a.jpg

P6291390a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2016 at 3:43 PM, Russ in boots said:

Just got these off Ebay. Heels just over 4 inches, and slim at the back - about half and inch. I'm looking forward to wearing these in the warm weather we might have. I like toe-post sandals and snapped these up as they're the highest I've seen. They're Harley Davidson! Why on earth they do high heeled sandals I have no idea, but I wouldn't choose these for riding a hog. However, I'm not complaining. The jeans are hiked up to show the heels - they are floor length but might well get hooked up between my heel and the top of the wedge as I walk. Maybe they'd be best with shorts...

P6291391a.jpg

P6291390a.jpg

A good summer shoe. With a long trouser, maybe even suitable for walking along a promenade somewhere?

I've never managed to do the flip-flop thing, or anything else that involve separating my big toe from the rest. Mrs Freddy practically lives in them, so it must be a case of just getting used to that toe post? 

Your feet are in good 'shape'. I mean that quite literally too. B)

14 hours ago, Heels said:

Just bought this pair from New Look. In stores at the moment.

download.jpg

When I first saw this, I thought the picture was yours....  Them's quite manly ankles (rather like mine).

Turns out, that picture is the one from the New Look web site!! :huh:

I like the style of the shoe, and the price is good too. It's close to something I've been looking for .... Can't be doing suede though, so I won't replicate your purchase. One day, I will own some mules that stay where they should, will be comfortable, and I'll get to wear them out in warmer weather. :rolleyes:

I'm wearing these toe-posts as slippers - on straight out of bed in the morning, until I change into my day heels. I'm definitely feeling the pull on my tendons when I take my heels off at the end of the day! I'm trying to psyche myself up for stilettos in public.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Russ in boots said:

I'm trying to psyche myself up for stilettos in public.

Stiletto heels in general, or stiletto courts?

I've done the stiletto heels in public many times, but not recently. I almost never wear them on paved streets now, having scuffed up at least two pairs of heels when they found cracks the heels sank into. I pair was terminally damaged. I now protect the heels with heat-shrink material (two layers) that has at least once saved a heel when it found a hole to fall into.

My preference for a slim heel, is now shopping malls. No cracks, or holes for a heel to find. They are noisy places too, generally. I get spotted in shoe shops almost immediately in a slim heel. Maybe the way I walk, or more likely the sales staff looking for potential customers? (Or evidence of being a previous customer?) If I wear a slim heel, it's almost always going to be in the cooler months when nights are longer. Typically I leave home and return in the shoes I spend the day in. I would not risk getting spotted in a slim heel where I live, though coming home in the dark usually presents no problem. Having said that, I did -possibly- get spotted one night. I walked up to the house in a slim heel well after midnight, only to realise a neighbour was hanging out of a bedroom window smoking a cigarette. :huh:

I have worn stiletto courts to a couple of gigs. One of them, I got to walk around the venue for ages in them, completely unintentionally. They were poorly made, though I thought fitted well. An inner seam eventually cut my foot which took some time to heal. Full details >> here <<.

Later this month I'm hoping for something of a repeat performance: I'm going to see him again at the Royal Festival Hall. I also hope to be wearing stiletto courts, though my companion is less keen. Not a great place for a slim heel either, as the area has a significant amount of cobbled pathways. I certainly won't be walking around like I did at the Barbican either. I've checked for parking, and believe I've found somewhere that I can use without payment. Meaning I shouldn't need help to get out of the place, as before. <_<

Conversely, if you want to get noticed, try walking in a stiletto with a metal tip. Absolutely delicious sound. B)

Any stilettos! Boots would be more stable (like the ones I bought from you), and in shoes I have nothing between 4 inch courts and 5.5 inch courts, both with no platform. I have higher ones with platforms but don't really like them. The 5.5s are a bit high for me for everyday walking, and the 4 inchers are a bit big so not so stable as they might be.

11 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Any stilettos! 

Office courts are highly recommended. Their UK8 comes up a good half size small.

Totter: 5" stiletto £72. Comes in black or red suede with leather detailing:

Office Totter £72.jpg

Or the wear-all-day On To Point at £65 with 4.7" heel, available in many colours, of patent and suede:

Office On To Point £65.jpg

I have a style here, for much less money ... 

Office Tyler £20 in Sale.jpg

UK8. Brand new and boxed. If it isn't a 5 inch heel, it's very close. Currently £20 plus £3-50 delivery direct from Office, although they haven't any stock of this size left. I'd be happy to send for the same money if you are interested. I can email detailed pictures if you might be interested.

I also have those boots in a UK7. A size 7, generous enough for me to wear (if I ever get around to it.) As you know, I have a couple of pairs....:rolleyes:

I'm very tempted but I have a pair just over 4 inches I'd wear if I get round to it. They have a very thin stiletto! I also have the boots you kindly supplied plus another pair with a bit of a platform. I have several pairs of stilettos with platforms, up to 7.5 inches, but obviously something a bit more subtle is the order of the day most of the time! Today I'm wearing my Adidas thin wedge trainers which are quite nice with no socks and have a 5 inch heel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2016 at 9:27 PM, Heels said:

Found this pair of mules on Ebay. They are from Leatherworks.

I have myself noticed, a seller of this brand recently. I was tempted by these:

Leatherworks mules 2016.jpg

Starting price was in the 'affordable' price range, with only one bidder so far.

Tempted/tempting ... :D

On 8/9/2016 at 11:48 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

I have myself noticed, a seller of this brand recently. I was tempted by these:

Leatherworks mules 2016.jpg

Starting price was in the 'affordable' price range, with only one bidder so far.

Tempted/tempting ... :D

You may find both pairs shown  are from the same seller. I did notice that he also had a pair shown here listed but not in my size. I remember some time ago I did buy a pair of heels from leatherworks like the pair shown here but with a slingback strap. There was no way I could fit my feet in them so got returned.

!BgDHtSwB2k-$(KGrHqEH-EMEsKwKCiJiBLDst0oOog--_35 (1).jpg

I even managed to find a photo of the pair I'm talking about.

Edited by Heels

• 2 years later...