Kids Reaction To My Cuban Heeled Ankle Boots

hh4evr1

I brought a pair of ankle boots recently. They have about a 2" cuban heel. I wore them to work afew times and only a few people noticed, mostly ladies. Some of them told me they liked them, while others noticed but said nothing. I also had a man say they were nice boots (first time I've had a man comment positively about my heels).

After wearing them afew times I was on my way to work and two boys about 8 years old were in a garden and when I got near asked why I was weating ladies high heels ( they must havr heard me coming). As I was in a rush to get to work I didn't have time for a big discussion I just said they were cowboy boots. They looked at them more closely and one said he liked them and accepted them as cowboy boots.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
On 3/8/2014 at 2:20 AM, hh4evr1 said:

I brought a pair of ankle boots recently. They have about a 2" cuban heel. I wore them to work afew times and only a few people noticed, mostly ladies. Some of them told me they liked them, while others noticed but said nothing. I also had a man say they were nice boots (first time I've had a man comment positively about my heels).

After wearing them afew times I was on my way to work and two boys about 8 years old were in a garden and when I got near asked why I was weating ladies high heels ( they must havr heard me coming). As I was in a rush to get to work I didn't have time for a big discussion I just said they were cowboy boots. They looked at them more closely and one said he liked them and accepted them as cowboy boots.

When I am asked, why are you wearing womens shoes?, I always answer , They're not womens shoes, they're mine.

If they were men's or unisex-style boots and the heel was only (as stated) a 2" cuban , I would scarcely expect them to attract any special attention or comment.   If they were of a more feminine design and/or the heel was significantly higher or thinner, then they would likely make an impression, if noticed at all, but not necessarily lead to comment.

I have often worn my men's cuban-heeled boots like these, with a pointed toe and a 2.7" heel.   I expect they 'registered' with some passers-by but I've never had any obvious looks or comments - except from my wife, who dislikes them!

image.png.85ac87b86d5b3c3617dcdca66e02f182.png

• 4 weeks later...