Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

21 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

... The mother-in-law is again in hospital, and this time it's looking a bit serious. She's very old, and although I've known her a long time, there's not been a day I've been glad of her acquaintance. I don't wish her anything but a speedy recovery though, despite our mutual dislike. ...

Sorry to hear about mother-in-law (anagram = 'woman Hitler'); hope she recovers soon.   I'm pleased to say that, although my wife and I have our differences, I'm very fond of her mum and we get on well.   Wife's dad died suddenly two years ago and I was close to him too - a good mate, sorely missed.   

Good luck with the auctions - if any more come up.   Have you ever used an automated sniping site?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Sorry to hear about mother-in-law (anagram = 'woman Hitler'); hope she recovers soon.   I'm pleased to say that, although my wife and I have our differences, I'm very fond of her mum and we get on well.   Wife's dad died suddenly two years ago and I was close to him too - a good mate, sorely missed.

Historically, I have never enjoyed particularly good terms with any parents of girlfriends. At one time I even decided 'acceptance' would be a bad omen... I was never seen as anything close to a "good catch", so I can understand why I seldom felt welcome. The single exception was my "walking friends" father, who was a pleasure to be around. Lovely man who wasn't dealt a particularly good deck with his wife (walking friends mother) getting dementia a bit early in life. I enjoyed many Sunday roasts as their guest, and he never got a handle on me not eating dead mammal with it. A story for another day. ;)

Thank you for your good wishes, but sadly, we've had about the worst news we could get. A second CT scan tomorrow will reveal just how bad things are.  My condolences to you both for your loss. Good friends are hard to come by, so I've no doubt the truth in your words.

Good luck with the auctions - if any more come up.   Have you ever used an automated sniping site?

i had, but thought they were a thing of the past? Maybe not?

Since I had not seen any reference to them for some time, I had -perhaps wrongly- thought auction sites had found a way to make them redundant or unusable. I will look again. B)

Having had some contact with them already, I may contact them again to see if they want to sell a pair of shoes at a price that matches an auction price on a particular style. I will not offer the cheapest price I have seen, maybe the highest. I am wondering if these discounted bargains are offered to keep a workforce employed during a slow part of the year? Better to make no profit, or even lose a little, to keep employees on the payroll in slow times as long as it doesn't bankrupt the company.    

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

I used a sniping site only once, a couple of years ago when I was away at the critical time.   I didn't win the auction, simply because I was outbid.   A quick Google search 'eBay sniping tool' produced several links to (free) help, so apparently the facility still exists.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Puffer said:

I used a sniping site only once, a couple of years ago when I was away at the critical time.   I didn't win the auction, simply because I was outbid.   A quick Google search 'eBay sniping tool' produced several links to (free) help, so apparently the facility still exists.

Yep, done that. B) Looks like they work by charging a percentage for a successful bid. The first one I looked at gave the first 3 bids for free as a trial.

On other news ..... Got a reply back from 1969 this morning ... "We are not interested." Oh well. :rolleyes:

I offered a higher price, and there would be no selling fees either. I'll have to do better with the auctions if a pair turn up I might want, with or without a sniping tool. The frustrating thing is, I'm only after some courts as a cheap (ish) way to make sure I get the right size in a boot. The Renzi's at a EU42 felt like they might have been two sizes too large, so I'm not convinced a 41 will be the right size either. Better I buy/sell the courts at £50-£60 than have to do the same with some boots at £115-£125 or more.

Or I just might not bother at all. :mellow: Sometimes, it's wiser to 'read the writing on the wall' ("smell the coffee") etc etc. I don't after all, need any more shoes or boots. :huh:

On 1/18/2016 at 10:52 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

If you can find a way of doing it, a photo with your feet (~or foot) in one of the Just Fab shoes would be a useful thing to see. 

Took 17 photos to get these two photos. Shaved my legs and wearing a new pair of tights.

Just Fab 1.jpg

Just Fab 2.jpg

Edited by Heels
  • Like 1

Whist looking at the boots on Ebay found this pair. Eas going to put a link in but just type is this. 

1969 Italian High Heel Stiletto Leather Thigh Crotch Boots Size Italy 43 

Item  ( 301848946959 )

Edited by Heels

2 hours ago, Heels said:

Whist looking at the boots on Ebay found this pair. Eas going to put a link in but just type is this. 

1969 Italian High Heel Stiletto Leather Thigh Crotch Boots Size Italy 43 

Item  ( 301848946959 )

An elegant boot - until you look at the platform which upsets the balance entirely imho.   They would have looked better with no platform and a 13.3cm (5.25") heel.   I see they sold for £293!

Nice shoes, and the legs ain't too bad either. ;) :P :D

The boots (no one wants us to see?)

56a4076c918cd_Ebayboots.JPG.1005b9758b6156a4078185e61_Ebayboots2.JPG.70c6bb2063b

That is some platform ....

P.S.

Missed another pair of the 1969 courts tonight. What was I doing at the time? Making up custom length Cat 6 patch leads at my wealthy mates gaff, while also talking him through attaching his new 'smart phone' to his home router. :rolleyes:

There are a few more pairs of courts lined up for auction, so I'm not getting desperate yet, but completion prices are starting to creep upward.... :(  

Edited by FastFreddy2

On 20/01/2016 at 10:41 PM, Puffer said:

It's with some sadness, I have to report the loss of the mother-in-law tonight (Thursday). It would seem she had been dangerously ill for some time, but had been mis-diagnosed (which surprises no-one these days). Finally, her doctor realised something was seriously wrong when he could feel what we now know was a secondary growth protruding through her tummy wall. After a scan, she was diagnosed with liver cancer which some of us know, usually has a poor and short prognosis. Since she had been uncomfortable for some time, she was content to 'go'. Her children were less keen, and they had barely left her side when she passed a week later.

Earlier tonight, a friend who has been in Harefield since September (most of the time on a mechanical heart), passed. His prognosis had been poor from the first, having had heart trouble for years.

"Lost" a friend and a member of the family in the same day. Some would think me careless.... :(

I'm fortunate in that I'm in this at arms length, really. Mrs Freddy is in pieces, as is the rest of her close family. The wife and children of my friend, will likely still be crying, some 6-8 hours after losing a husband and father. Their grief only reminds me of my late father, who is someone I miss all the time. Sad times.... 

Edited by FastFreddy2

I am sorry to hear your sad news, Freddy.   My thoughts are with you and your wife.  

In 1987, my father's (terminal) bowel cancer spread after some 9 months to his liver and, as you say, the end was then nigh.   But both he and I at least had a fairly long preparation time and, as he said at an early stage (quoting Dr. Johnson):  'Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.'

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I am sorry to hear your sad news, Freddy.   My thoughts are with you and your wife.  

Thank you for your kind sentiments. 

Mrs Freddy is back with her siblings this morning, and visiting her best friend this afternoon, dealing with her grief the best way she knows how.

We are all agreed, the ending was short enough so the stress of the situation was kept to a minimum, and long enough so the whole extended family got to see her when she was still alert. She had a long life, and managed to see the arrival of a great grandchild, who might now be around 3 or 4 months old. While she didn't become a millionaire, nor sail the world single handed, she did raise a family in hard times few young people today could comprehend. As far as I can tell, all her lineage are decent/pleasant people who care for each other. She was a successful wife and mother. In my mind, that is quite an achievement. B) RIP - R.

Edited by FastFreddy2

On a lighter note .....

I decided to bid my "uber" maximum on a pair of the 1969 shoes, at an amount that was higher than the previous successful bids I was aware of. Placing the bid more than an hour before bidding closed, much to my immediate disappointment, someone had already made a higher bid. In fact the final price of the shoes, was not much off the price of the knee boots I had seen go through. Typically the shoes go for €70 or less, with a pair I had missed out on, going for €64. This time around, the shoes went for €102.

The bidder who had 'immediately' beaten my bid, had hours before bid €100, which on any other day would have ensured they 'won' the auction. Not this time, with someone coming in with seconds to spare with a higher trend breaking bid. 

Until the €100 bidder gets what they want, I have little chance at getting these shoes at the (historically) bargain basement price of €70/£53. I would bid more, but only for shoes I knew were going to fit. :)

Edited by FastFreddy2
Typo.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I wanted to post a full web page of those 1969 boots and not just couple of photos.

Wanted to buy this pair but there was no heel measurement for the heel height. I did ask the seller for the measurement but they never got back to me. Anyway was on Buy it now for £10 and thought they were sold but come back on ebay tonight to find them relisted.

56b50d5f4bcf9__12(4).JPG.d01cd1bcefa375256b50d70d0a25__12(5).JPG.6e661f5653b5278

Sort of wished I bid on this pair as  they were sold for only £10

56b50fd5ce56c__57(4).thumb.JPG.03d347c46

Edited by Heels

This pair came in the post on Friday Not the most comfortable to wear but will be keeping them.

Image00001.jpg.c7e9f2fb28bd0bbfbd28f0dd4

1 hour ago, Heels said:

This pair came in the post on Friday Not the most comfortable to wear but will be keeping them.

There is no doubt you like 'strappy' sandals. 2016 looks to be your year, as the new season releases so far, predominantly include sandals with lots and lots of straps... 

The cynic in me is thinking "less is cheaper" (to produce). It's why jeans are no longer fitted to the waist as a basic style. (These are now called 'high waisted' for some reason, even though they sit on the waist? :rolleyes:) Fortunately, the topical slim leg look works better with a waisted fit, so jeans are getting back to where they belong, on a waist. I suppose less leg material allows a normal waist because of the material saved on the legs? 

I'm not usually very good with sandals, as I've odd shaped feet. The bridge of my foot is unusually high, and toes fairly slim. It often means that sandals don't fit me where they should, and usually makes wearing a high heeled sandal uncomfortable, or my foot slips too far forward in them. :( 

I'd quite like to own a pair of the River Island sandals I've included previously, and are now at a slightly more attractive price:

56b733bfe0fd2_RiverIslandAutumn2015.jpg.

Even with what could be a 1" platform, that is a seriously tempting rise, and must be pretty hard work to walk in. B)

But where would I wear them? :rolleyes: :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:

There is no doubt you like 'strappy' sandals. 2016 looks to be your year, as the new season releases so far, predominantly include sandals with lots and lots of straps... 

The cynic in me is thinking "less is cheaper" (to produce). It's why jeans are no longer fitted to the waist as a basic style. (These are now called 'high waisted' for some reason, even though they sit on the waist? :rolleyes:) Fortunately, the topical slim leg look works better with a waisted fit, so jeans are getting back to where they belong, on a waist. I suppose less leg material allows a normal waist because of the material saved on the legs? 

I'm not usually very good with sandals, as I've odd shaped feet. The bridge of my foot is unusually high, and toes fairly slim. It often means that sandals don't fit me where they should, and usually makes wearing a high heeled sandal uncomfortable, or my foot slips too far forward in them. :( 

I'd quite like to own a pair of the River Island sandals I've included previously, and are now at a slightly more attractive price:

56b733bfe0fd2_RiverIslandAutumn2015.jpg.

Even with what could be a 1" platform, that is a seriously tempting rise, and must be pretty hard work to walk in. B)

But where would I wear them? :rolleyes: :huh:

If those went to a size 9 I would buy them, right now.

The reason I like sandals I find them more comfortable. I find any heels with an open arch more comfortable to wear then most courts shoes or boots Have to think about  the pain I get in right foot.   

• Like 1

On 2/7/2016 at 1:45 PM, Heels said:

If those went to a size 9 I would buy them, right now.

The reason I like sandals I find them more comfortable. I find any heels with an open arch more comfortable to wear then most courts shoes or boots Have to think about  the pain I get in right foot.   

I was in Topshop at Tunbridge Wells today and saw some rather nice gold sandals (crossover straps at toe), no platform and a stiletto heel that must have been close to 5".   They were size 9 and reduced to £10; I think there was an 8 also.   I can't find a pic online.   There were other very acceptable keenly-priced 'sale' shoes, boots and sandals in size 8 too.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

I was in Topshop at Tunbridge Wells today and saw some rather nice gold sandals (crossover straps at toe), no platform and a stiletto heel that must have been close to 5". 

Anything like these?

56ba78a220d18_Topshopgoldsandals.jpg.445

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Anything like these?

No - very different.   I can't find an exact match but they were more like these http://cdn.yournextshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Jimmy-Choo-Gold-India-Glitter-Crisscross-Slingback.jpg   but (from memory) with wider front straps, in bright untextured gold and with a higher heel.   Very much a traditional unfussy but elegant sandal.

I am pretty sure that is exactly the one I saw; I couldn't find a pic online.   Rather nice I think; they look both elegant and comfy.   Are you interested?

I like both pairs but Topshop heels tend to run small. Unless I can  try on first I won;t be buying any heels  from Topshop. Having said that  I did buy a pair on Ebay last week, listed a pair from Next  but are from Topshop.  Luckly for the seller they do fit and are comfortable, just look slightly small on the small side. Photo to follow.

15 hours ago, Puffer said:

Are you interested?

Not for me, though I'd like to own the legs that would go with such a stylish look. ;) You are right in saying they are elegant, though I'm less sure about the 'comfy' bit. :D