Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

This is  what the shoes like on sellers lising

.5734c55855a93__12.JPG.ab0697dbdf41634a63

Thought they looked  quite sexy.

Anyway seller has just got back to me. i did suggest that i keep them and throw them away once I got the refund.  He sending me a postage label for me to send them back.

4 hours ago, Heels said:

Anyway seller has just got back to me. i did suggest that i keep them and throw them away once I got the refund.  He sending me a postage label for me to send them back.

It might be can do something with them at his end - like get a refund from whoever supplied him, but on the face of it, doesn't seem to make sense.

I bought a bike last year, was in perfect nick at the time it was sold. Seller didn't pack it very well, and it got a bit wrecked in transit. Not only did I "help the seller" by writing a 2 page document for R.M. with pictures for him to make a claim, I had to pack it up so he could have it collected. What did I get out of it? "Thanks".

You are right about the shoes, look very attractive. I nearly bought and kept a similar pair from ALDO. Might even have a piccy here somewhere. :huh:  Sadly, nowhere to wear them, so they were returned. :rolleyes:

57350562b717a_ALDOblacksandals.thumb.jpg

They were a very good fit too. B)

@Heels, saw these, thought of you....

New look uk 9 eu 43 Black ankle strapped sandals

javascript:;$_57.JPG

Listing #121987332690 if you haven't spotted them already. ;)

I did not see those. I look on Ebay every day, must of over looked them, I do have my setting set so that they filter out a lot heels that I,m not going to buy. I have one setting as high or very high heel.  If the seller has this setting on anything else I,m not going to see their listing. Stops me having to look through 1,000s  and 1,000s of flat shoes.

Edited by Heels

They are set to "High" (3-4.5") and 'Black' as colour.

I too have used the automated search function in the past and have had some good results from using it, but .... I've also found their search engine to be less than 100% reliable. I still get the occasional interesting item from the "this might interest you" link from the site while I'm looking at something similar. It's how this pair popped up. (I'm fairly sure I've tried a 7 in these, and needed an 8. All sold at the time.) 

A couple of weeks ago, I listed some 18v batteries for cordless DIY equipment. I had to alter the details 3 times before the batteries would appear in the search for those specific batteries ...  Was a PITA but I got there in the end. Was a case of shuffling the title around a bit, and I may have moved one of the 'details' to another field. But the brand, voltage, and word "battery" were all in every version I created.

Those New Look heels seems to be popular, already has 6 bids on them up to £17 now.

Update those heels that I needed to return. After waiting  for the seller to issue a  postage label. I had to open a case will Ebay and 5 minutes later  won the case. Was going to return the heels this week but this morning I have been refunded  by the seller via Paypal. Not sure If I still need to return these heels now.

Bought this pair of New Look boots  this week on Ebay. 

573b527edb834_NewLookBoota.thumb.jpg.c87

Edited by Heels

4 hours ago, Heels said:

Those New Look heels seems to be popular, already has 6 bids on them up to £17 now.

As I remember, they were VERY high, and sold out quickly, which explains why I don't own a pair .... 

4 hours ago, Heels said:

Update those heels that I needed to return. After waiting  for the seller to issue a  postage label. I had to open a case will Ebay and 5 minutes later  won the case. Was going to return the heels this week but this morning I have been refunded  by the seller via Paypal. Not sure If I still need to return these heels now.

Since you won so quickly, could Ebay have refunded on the sellers behalf? Looks like the seller refunded, but PayPal/Ebay used the sellers account on their behalf. (I think when you sign up to PayPal you agree to let them do this - for just such an event.)

That "returns" label could be in the post. I'd suggest holding on to the shoes for a while before doing anything with them. If you want to bin them, I would also suggest letting the seller know, and give them 7 days (or 14) to make arrangements to have them collected. The shoes aren't yours to dispose of, so some care might be needed.

My walking friend, who has lived in her home for quite some time, got a parcel delivered to her street address, but to a fella who has (obviously) never lived there. The parcel wasn't handed over, it was thrown over a fence... Not only that, but on the delivery day it rained quite heavily. The package was bagged, but that hardly authorises a parcel to be thrown over a fence and left in the rain .... It's been a month, and there's been no further contact, from anyone. Weird on many levels .... :rolleyes:  

In both cases quoted, the faulty shoes and the mystery parcel are not 'unsolicited goods' and cannot therefore be retained without further ado.   The correct procedure is to contact the sender (if known/identifiable) and request that arrangements are made for collection within 14 days, at no cost or inconvenience to the person in possession, failing which the goods will be disposed of.  Evidence of this communication should be kept.    Only if there is no action taken to effect collection can the person in possession keep (or dispose of) the goods after the 14 days is up.

It is by no means rare for stupid or lazy delivery people to leave parcels in totally unsuitable places if there is no-one in (and sometimes even if there is).   They get chucked over fences, left in full view in a porch or put into a wheelie bin (on dustman day!).   I hate to think how much is lost by such action - and how many investigations result.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Puffer said:

The correct procedure is to contact the sender (if known/identifiable) and request that arrangements are made for collection within 14 days, at no cost or inconvenience to the person in possession, failing which the goods will be disposed of.  Evidence of this communication should be kept.    Only if there is no action taken to effect collection can the person in possession keep (or dispose of) the goods after the 14 days is up.

That would have been my first suggestion to her, but there was absolutely no other detail on the package at all. The wrong name, right street address, though the postcode was wrong (referred to another part of town - well over a mile away). No return address, no senders details .... 

To the sender, these may have been 'solicited' (bought), but surely to the recipient they were 'unsolicited'? Since the package has been hanging around for a month with no-one sending a letter or knocking on the door, at what stage might she be free to 'dump' the goods? While doing so wouldn't be completely honest; as the package was thrown over a fence (next to a busy road) there is a 'plausible deniability' the package was ever received.... 

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

That would have been my first suggestion to her, but there was absolutely no other detail on the package at all. The wrong name, right street address, though the postcode was wrong (referred to another part of town - well over a mile away). No return address, no senders details .... 

To the sender, these may have been 'solicited' (bought), but surely to the recipient they were 'unsolicited'? Since the package has been hanging around for a month with no-one sending a letter or knocking on the door, at what stage might she be free to 'dump' the goods? While doing so wouldn't be completely honest; as the package was thrown over a fence (next to a busy road) there is a 'plausible deniability' the package was ever received.... 

I was above dealing with non-unsolicited goods, and I said in respect of the package that she should '...contact the sender (if known/identifiable) ...'.   But as the sender is clearly not identifiable, your friend could not report the misdelivery to the sender, or indeed to anyone else who is 'interested'.   So, as far as she is concerned (and ignoring the 'wrong name' which might not even belong to a real person), the goods were unsolicited and can, in my opinion, be retained/disposed of as she thinks fit (as the law allows).   I hope she enjoys her windfall, whatever it may be!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

I hope she enjoys her windfall, whatever it may be!

A brand new pair of mens loafers in size 10. And not a style she or I would wear even if they were the right size.

I'm sure the charity shop will be happy to see them though. ;)

I might of got my refund back for the first lot of postage and for the shoes but nothing for the return postage. Reason I won the case so quick was the whole thing is automated.  I was meant to print out the postage label, then post the item back and add the tracking number onto the case. Only then  wouldI have my refund including  both lots of postage,

Edited by Heels

Those New look heels that are on Ebay have now gone up to £30 and with still 3 hours till the listing ends. I think I might just pass up on those heels.

Just Bought this pair,

57421a57802f6__57(52).thumb.JPG.dabb32e0

Edited by Heels
  • Like 1

Tell us more...

Brand, cost, and are they a size 9?

That has got to be a 6 inch heel, surely? B)

I will give you more details when I get them. Been told by the seller the heel is 120mm. They do look bigger in the photo..

So you don't know what brand? :huh: (Yet?) I hope there is one 'cos I wanna a pair! :D

120mm is under 5 inches, and they look waaaay over that. B) If they photo's haven't been mucked about with I'd be hopeful those heels were 130mm and some. Especially if the picture is of a UK9. B)

They might look a bit more like this with (only) a 120mm heel... But still look elegant. B)

5742e28821bce_120mmheelonUK9.thumb.JPG.6

I do know what the brand is and is a well known brand. I don't expect to be able to wear them but been wanting to own  a pair for sometime now. As for the heel height, it could well be more like 130mm.

Found them. :P  :D

Given your 'usual' budget, it never occurred to me you might spend that sort of money on a pair of shoes. Well done, you've got bigger cojones than me. ;)

Not sure there is a happy ending here though ... I think the biggest womens size they do is a 42. I am going to be amazed if the ones you have bought are a UK10. I think the seller is confused and they are a US10 (UK8.)

All that aside, they are a beautiful shoe. Good choice! B)

Not sure there is a happy ending here though ... I think the biggest womens size they do is a 42. I am going to be amazed if the ones you have bought are a UK10. I think the seller is confused and they are a US10 (UK8.)

I think you could be right. I thought that was as over sight of sight from the seller.  Had another look at the photos, They show them as a size 40 which is a size 7 maybe 8uk. The photo not that clear but they could be a 41. Explains why the heel look 

Not doing very well on Ebay at the monent.

Edited by Heels

4 hours ago, Heels said:

Had another look at the photos, They show them as a size 40 which is a size 7 maybe 8uk. The photo not that clear but they could be a 41. Explains why the heel look 

How stupid am I? Didn't even think to look. :rolleyes: :D  (It was late. ;))

The seller has completely screwed up the listing. An EU40 is a UK 6½ (W) according to the makers. They would have to be an EU42 to even qualify as a US10. They would have to be an EU44 to qualify as a womans 9½, according to the makers sizing table.

If they have been posted already, they can go back as SNAD. If not maybe advise the seller of their mistake and get a refund? :huh:

7 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

How stupid am I? Didn't even think to look. :rolleyes: :D  (It was late. ;))

Your not the stupid one,  I,m the stupid one. Should of known better i did see that they were listed as a size !0uk and should of asked the seller what the true sizing is.. Sort of rushed in and made couple of offers which she accepted. As the photo showing the size, it,s not that clear. The amount of times I spot a listing with the wrong details is unbelievable. It's a lot.

Going have to speak to the seller as I have already have them. Not sure how to go about this. Ebay might not give  a refund if they think I got the size wrong.

Did manage to take a heel measurement, which is 130mm

Did say this morning that I,m not have much luck on Ebay at the monent.  Well I had another item delivered today. Completely wrong item sent. Another item needs returning. Not lookjng good for me at the moment, with me having to open all these Ebay cases.

Edited by Heels

1 hour ago, Heels said:

Going have to speak to the seller as I have already have them. Not sure how to go about this. Ebay might not give  a refund if they think I got the size wrong.

Did manage to take a heel measurement, which is 130mm

Did say this morning that I,m not have much luck on Ebay at the monent.  Well I had another item delivered today. Completely wrong item sent. Another item needs returning. Not lookjng good for me at the moment, with me having to open all these Ebay cases.

Well the size is completely wrong, by an enormous margin. I don't think you are expected to know the difference by taking a good look at pictures. The sizing is SIGNIFICANTLY different: UK 6½ vs UK10. Not even close.

Add to that, the heel height. 120mm (claimed EXACT height) and mentioned twice, vs your measured height of 130mm. It may be, that since the 'model' of the shoe and the height they come in (120mm) doesn't match what you have, it may be they have the model of the shoe wrong too?.

I would be inclined to ask the seller for a return and refund based on these two differences. If they refuse, THEN open a case. I doubt you'll lose it, especially since you will have tried to resolve it yourself "amicably". (Shows you still have 'goodwill' toward the seller.)

Shame they are a 40 and not a 41, otherwise I might be making a proposal about them .... ;)  :D

The label on the box the heels came. Has them marked as So Kate 120 metal patent. So the seller got the bit about the  model  right.