Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

At this moment in time thinking of buying 3 pairs from Ebay and another two pairs from New Look online. Not sure what the heel height on the New Look pairs, Also one pair is the the same style as one pair on Ebay. Decisions Decisions.

Hoping that I got the link right. Bought two pairs from New Look online. First pair http://images.newlook.com/is/image/newlook/shoe-gallery/view-all-boots/knee-high-boots/black-stretch-heeled-knee-length-boots-/351505001?fmt=jpg&wid=318&hei=418

Second pair http://images.newlook.com/is/image/newlook/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/heeled-sandals/black-snakeskin-print-strappy-heels-/331991301?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

Not quite how i wanted to show them.

Need a lttle advice been wanting to sell this pair but not sure how to list them.

Image00001.jpg.0fd2856ea38c3f6dba2c1c661

Not sure if there's a problem with the heel. Seems to be a little bemt inwards but not sure. That how I bought them.

Edited by Heels

That second pair look like something I had tried on at NL but I needed a larger size than the shop had. They are high!

The links worked. B)

You can now add pictures directly from other sites.

Copy the 'URL' from the picture (you might have to right click to get the URL, while your cursor is over the picture).

Then go back into the post you are writing, and click on the option in the lower right hand corner 'Insert other media'. When it says "Insert image from URL" add the URL address from the picture - right click then 'paste'.

I used your link to add this:

331991301?%24zoomPopup%24&hei=414&wid=97 

Nice choice.

Not expecting any problems  with the sandals. Not to sure about the boots. Can't tell very well from the photos what I,m going to get. 

Finished editing my last post. Sometimes its easier to save it a little at a time when I,m trying add links etc, otherwise I tend to lose the whole lot! Went to  add the last photo but had to come out of the site and resize the photo.

Was thinking of buying this pair as well But have only 3.5 inch heel. Looks bigger to me but I like the look of the boot.362396501D2?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

Edited by Heels

The boots in the last picture are higher than 3½ inches I would agree. There is a hidden platform I would say too, so the rise might be closer to 3½ than the 4 and something inch heel.

The last boots look over-generous in the shaft width.   May suit some (not Freddy) but probably not ideal, especially for wearing concealed.

I have never been able to fit my jeans into any boots, so those boots could look ideal for me.  Going to go shoe shopping in the Chrismas holidays and will have a look out for those boots.

Was thinking of bidding on this pair.566dca9e284cc__12.JPG.a1b36ae6eaac4796e0

But the bidding has gone high so changed my mind.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

The last boots look over-generous in the shaft width.   May suit some (not Freddy) but probably not ideal, especially for wearing concealed.

I don't wish I had thicker calfs calves** but I do wish there was a wider selection of shaft sizes. And having been shopping with one or two women looking for a knee boot, I can confirm 'wider' is probably more popular than slim, with the more mature lady anyway. I think the broader calf is typical of men too?

**I have always treated "calves" as four legged animals bred for meat or milk. Grammarist.com tells me that my original term is not the 'generally accepted' way of expressing the plural of calf, with some considering it an error. I have self-corrected the potential mistake. 

Edited by FastFreddy2

I have skinny calves too. And yes, thicker seems to be the norm. I have seen some women wearing knee boots whose shafts would accommodate my thighs.

I am fortunate in gaving had my otk boots made for me. They fit my calves beautifully. Otherwise I think I woukd very much struggle to find anything that fit.

I agree entirely about many (if not most) knee boots having a too-generous shaft width.   Both my pairs (Sherbert, from the now-defunct Big Shoe Boutique, a Barratt offshoot) have shafts that are far too wide for me when wearing even normal-width straight jeans, which then bunch and billow (sounds poetic, but it ain't a good look!).   And in tightish jeans they just slosh around my fairly slim calves.   An assistant in Evans did tell me that, as the more mature and/or larger lady was its prime customer, its boots invariably had a wide shaft.   I'm not frantically trying to find a pair of (affordable) slim-shafted knee boots (with pointed toes and, say, a 4" stiletto or slim stacked heel) in UK11 (Eu45) but it would be nice to know they existed somewhere.  

I recall that 'killing the fatted calf' was referred to in the parable about the prodigal son.   It seems, however, that it would be better if associated with the prodigal mum. 

Got my parcel from New Look today.  I can't get my feet into the boots so will be return Saturday morning.  Only had a 4.5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform. The sandals are fine but I can only just manage to do the straps up. Have a heel just over 5 inches.

The heels on the sandals I looked at and tried on, were high so that 5" heel isn't too much of a surprise. Will you keep them?

I will be keeping this pair. They have a mini platform of around 10 to 15 mm. I don't class that as a platform since any thinner sole and you start to feel every little stone through the sole when walking about outside.

Got my refund on my Asos heels and returned the boots from Mew Look. Foumd another pair that I like on the New Look web site but my miss out on them. Only have 3 left in stock. Not sure  if the strap will fit me.

360440001D2?$zoomPopup$&hei=414&wid=979

Edited by Heels

• Bought three pairs of high heels last month, just didn't get down to poting them on here.Image00001.jpg.ce740f3b1cc13718f7760c690

The pair in front seem to fit fine. The left pair I can wear for a couple of hours, The right pair I can wear but need to be stretched a little more. Where I bought them from Ebay. Thie same pair can still be found on the New Look web site.

This could be the last pair I have bought this year.

JustFab.jpg.249b3fb0eacfdcaa97ed9dcc5e1c

I am going shopping in Portsmouth on Monday. Not expecting to buy anything in the shops. Seen nothing I like online so I,m not expecting to find shoes that I would want to buy. I,m also hoping to see if New look are still stocking size 9 heels.

I'm hoping to do the same in Milton Keynes on Monday ..... If I can get parked! 

I don't expect to make any purchases either, although I can wear an 8 (sometimes even a 7) which increases my choices obviously, but t has been a disappointing year (or more). Possibly I have every type I might find attractive, or variation of the type i might find attractive, so I'd only be buying more of the same. But like you, I very seldomly experience a raised heart-beat from seeing a style I consider a 'must have'.  

What Milton Keynes like for shopping for heels?

6 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I'm hoping to do the same in Milton Keynes on Monday ..... If I can get parked! 

Was hoping  that New Look were going to add more sales items  on their website. The items I had my eye on are still at full price but now going low on stock. so I can't see New Look adding that item to the sales. Maybe if go into a real shop that item might be on sale?

Hoping to find a free packing space in Cosham, only going to be around 10 minutes in New Look. Then It be onto Portsmouth.

1 hour ago, Heels said:

What Milton Keynes like for shopping for heels?

I've had some nice surprises in both the TK Maxx stores there, but some time ago. The store seems to have less and less shoe brands I'm familiar with, and fewer still in the larger sizes. 

There is the usual mix of large high street stores too, though only John Lewis is significant in size. There used to be two independent shoe shops that offered a variety of heels, but I'm sure at least one of them has closed.

I once drove circa 30 miles each way, for a pair of 'must have' shoes held for me in New Look there, only to find they weren't the pair I had asked about and described (in great detail). 

Not sure what to expect tomorrow, other than 'busy'. 

Not really the right place for this, but at least it keeps the images in the same place ....

Those River Island shoes get another outing ....

2FA4527E00000578-3376026-image-m-19_1451

Full article >> here << Not that I think it worth the time the page takes to load.

Done my little shopping trip.  New look at Cosham proved to be a good choice to go to, Didn't have many size 9;s on show but I expect that now. With plently of free packing and 3 charity shops Cosham is worth a visit when I go past from time to time.  Size of the store is quite large,not much smaller then one in Portsmouth.

Portsmouth was very busy, Had no joy In New Look, couldn't find any size 9 or skirts I was looking out for. Maybe I should just stick to the web sites.for now.

Edited by Heels