Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Ebay And Shopping.

2 hours ago, Heels said:

The label on the box the heels came. Has them marked as So Kate 120 metal patent. So the seller got the bit about the  model  right. 

I suppose they got something right, and the colour too. 

Any response from the seller yet? 

She did get  back to me and agreed for me send them back. I,m at the momet trying to get the correct address registered with Ebay. She sent her work address with no name on it and I don't think its the correct address.

4 hours ago, Heels said:

She did get  back to me and agreed for me send them back. I,m at the momet trying to get the correct address registered with Ebay. She sent her work address with no name on it and I don't think its the correct address.

You can ask Ebay for a returns address. There is a procedure for this, once the return has been agreed. I would recommend contacting Ebay, as there is now some auditable conversation (messages) between yourselves, with the seller agreeing to the return. You don't have to open a case, but contact Ebay via their 'chat' function perhaps? They will guide you through, and probably confirm a return address.

The package should have been sent with a "Returns Address" anyway, in case it was undelivered. (Royal Mail insist this is on the outside of the package, as you probably know.) One of the other couriers, might be Hermes, gives the seller a slip to include with the package. 

That is quite a valuable purchase. You will need to ensure you have adequate postage, like Royal Mail Special Delivery. It costs, but insurance starts at £250 if I remember. it can be topped up to whatever you consider the value of the goods. While it might be slightly pushing your luck, you might also ask about her covering return carriage? Or that might be another thing you could ask Ebay.

While you are undoubtedly in the right here, a gently-gently approach might be best for you getting all your costs covered. Only if the seller gets to be a problem, need you "raise a case"? that said, it might be Ebay says it's the best way forward. I know for sure they will provide a 'pukka' return address from the sellers PayPal account (I think).

Have already opened a case with Ebay this molrning. It was the only way I could get the correct address.registered with Ebay.  I now have to print the address off and send the parcel off It will go tracked. I might have to up this to special Delivery. Like you say it;s the only way the parcel should be sent.

No harm done. ;)

I only made the suggestion because it avoided you opening another case. Mindful the value of the goods, I would not send them any other way. You get fully insured, next day delivery (by 1pm) and a signature. It's worth the extra for peace of mind. B)

The seller doesn't seem to be the 'full ticket'. Agreeing a return and not providing a good address. One mistake after another. As you've opened a case (with her already agreeing a return) you will be sure to get your money back. Put it all down to experience:) I would have been happy to be in your position, just to have a 'fondle' of those shoes TBH. :huh: ;) :D

I didn't  fondle those shoes that much. Sort of took them out of the box, took  some photos. and put them back in the box.I did managed to check something out whist I had those heels out. Just comparing them to another pair of heels that I own. I explain in more details with photos once I have my refund.

I understand why she gave me her works address. She know she be at work and would have to go the post office to colllect them but had I posted to that address she could claim that I never returned them.I have been onto Ebay chatrooms and have been told it be ok to send by the label provided by Ebay.

Edited by Heels

Is there an update on the shoes being returned?

Hopefully, back with the seller and refund completed. :huh:

Seller has her shoes back and I have my refund. I now have to start another case for as I been sent a pair of shorts when I bought a skirt. Wanted to wait for my refund before I started this case.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Still looking for a pair of CL  heels,. after a pair of the So Kate Model. These are meant to have a wider but shorter toe box. Going to be more careful this time.

Edited by Heels

From a purely visual aspect, imho those otherwise elegant shoes are spoiled by having the heel set back.   I know it can give the illusion that the heel is higher, but the proportions of the shoe are upset and my understanding is that stability and wearability both suffer. 

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

stability and wearability both suffer. 

If the young woman** you are with has parts of her (firm) body that need a little shaking to announce their presence, what better footwear then?

I have in mind a subtly buxom woman walking toward or across my field of vision, wearing a close to uncomfortably high heeled shoe. Her gait such that each step produces a forward thrust of her upper body. ;)

Time to lie down, I think... :huh:

**I have my doubts there are 30 women in their middle years living in the, UK that could wear 130mm heels while walking, and I've yet to see one of them - if any exist. :(

22 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

If the young woman** you are with has parts of her (firm) body that need a little shaking to announce their presence, what better footwear then?

I have in mind a subtly buxom woman walking toward or across my field of vision, wearing a close to uncomfortably high heeled shoe. Her gait such that each step produces a forward thrust of her upper body. ;)

Time to lie down, I think... :huh:

**I have my doubts there are 30 women in their middle years living in the, UK that could wear 130mm heels while walking, and I've yet to see one of them - if any exist. :(

1.   Regrettably, the woman I am with is neither young nor has a firm body.   I think you mean the abstract '... young woman one is with ...'.

2.   I think (and certainly hope) that you are wrong but it rather depends on one's definition of 'middle years'.   An ex-GF of mine wore 5.5" (140mm) heels easily when walking (after very little practice) at age 45 and she was scarcely unique.   And what about Sara (of RoSa shoes)?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Puffer said:

2.   I think (and certainly hope) that you are wrong but it rather depends on one's definition of 'middle years'.   An ex-GF of mine wore 5.5" (140mm) heels easily when walking (after very little practice) at age 45 and she was scarcely unique.   And what about Sara (of RoSa shoes)?

Just to confirm ....

I did mention the prospect of around 30 of them (might be a tad more, likely a tad less), and I did say "I" haven't met any of them... Those not met would include both your ex and someone who has a business interest in selling their wares.... ;) :D

That said, I would (respectfully) doubt your GF wore 140mm heels "easily", especially as she needed practice to wear them, indicating two things: (i) She didn't wear them before you came on the scene, which likely means (ii) she likely doesn't wear them any longer. :( Many of us here, will be very very very jealous of your (then) position. :huh: 

There was a time I could and did wear (Covergirl) shoes with that height heel easily, but I was in my early thirties at the time....No longer possible - at least easily. though I have a pair that are both very high and moderately comfortable to wear for short periods. 

Mrs Freddy used to wear heels every time we went out. She has a history of being a heel wearer for social activity, unlike the two friends I mention from time to time who wore them to work too, and who now have severely crippled feet. Mrs Freddy doesn't get the social opportunities she once had to wear a heel, so she almost never wears them. A very disappointing situation for me, especially when I think back to 'certain situations' when she too might have been in a 5 or 6 inch heel for an hour or so. ;)

And while I think of it, I remember a girlfriend from Harlow .... Who was also into heels. (There were 3 criteria for my girlfriends back then. An interest in dance music. Not ugly, nor fat. And an interest in shoe styles - with any sort of a heel. And in pretty much that order too.) So this girl from Harlow, once showed up to meet me for a date wearing a pair of black patent 6" Covergirl shoes bought to entertain her boyfriend. (Yay!) What a night I had, that night. B) Having my head up my arse (typical of me during those years), I didn't marry her because she was a smoker. Another in a long list of 'youthful' mistakes made by myself...

Lovely girl. Lovely figure. :( :rolleyes:

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I didn't marry her because she was a smoker.Another in a long list of 'youthful' mistakes made by myself...

Being a non smoker myself I can understand you not marrying a smoker

Edited by Heels
  • Like 1

Just to confirm ....

I did mention the prospect of around 30 of them (might be a tad more, likely a tad less), and I did say "I" haven't met any of them... Those not met would include both your ex and someone who has a business interest in selling their wares.... ;) :D

That said, I would (respectfully) doubt your GF wore 140mm heels "easily", especially as she needed practice to wear them, indicating two things: (i) She didn't wear them before you came on the scene, which likely means (ii) she likely doesn't wear them any longer. :( Many of us here, will be very very very jealous of your (then) position. :huh: 

To clarify:

The ex-GF at age 44-45 was hardly a slim and graceful creature (but certainly not noticeably overweight and had a good figure); she was a hospital worker and on her size 6.5/7 feet in flat shoes for most of the day.   She probably didn't wear any heels higher than about 3.5" before I met her, and those not constantly, but seemed to have no difficulty with the 4" and 4.5" heels I bought for her soon after our relationship started.   I then took her out and bought her the 5.5" (140mm) patent slingback courts (from Honour at Waterloo) for her birthday and she said they felt comfortable enough.   Before she went out wearing them with me for the first time, she told me that she had worn them indoors for most of an afternoon without difficulty and seemed to have little trouble in walking outside over modest distances.   So, her 'practice' was very limited.   I do remember though that she needed to hang onto me once when navigating a slope in icy conditions - but who wouldn't?

After we split up (regrettably, and for reasons unconnected with shoes), I had little contact with her and I doubt that she did continue to wear them, at least regularly - but who knows?   Yes, many here will be jealous of her heel-wearing companionship - and I took a long time to recover from the loss of that (and her other attributes) too.

Over the years (from the early 60s), I have probably sighted only about four other women wearing single-sole shoes with heels above 5" - memories not easily erased.   I have had relationships with a similar number who wore heels up to and including about 4.5" but (the aforementioned GF excepted) never, alas, with any going to 5" or more.   And I've now given up hope ...!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

And I've now given up hope ...!

Me too .... :(

Which feels a bit like putting the nails in my own coffin. 

The consolation - if it is one - is that I can spend as much time wearing a 5-6 inch heel, as I can tolerate. :huh:

2 hours ago, Heels said:

Being a non smoker myself I can understand you not marrying a smoker

The irony is, I did actually marry someone who (at the time) smoked. In my defence, it was seldom more than 3 a day, though 'nights out on the town' might induce a higher count. In her defence (of the habit), it was nearly always done outside and away from me (except in a club probably), and thanks to strong mints/gum/breath freshener, I never once tasted the after-effects, nor experienced any smell from her clothes. Her smoking the 'menthol' variety may have helped too.

A particularly nasty bought of flu' got her off the habit, and she is now, almost as virulently ant-smoking as I am.

50 years ago, smoking was more usual than unusual, so it would surprise no-one that a juvenile might think smoking was then part of their passage to adulthood. No longer ..... We know it kills/harms. It is frighteningly expensive. Why would anyone start smoking these days, or continue? I'm sure every smoker could give me 3 good reasons why they do. (No need to though, if you are a smoker. ;))

And, in case you are all wondering, I'm not 'Puffer' because I'm an inveterate smoker - rather it reflects an interest in railways.   But I do admit to having been a pipe-smoker until c2009 and still enjoy the odd small cigar (perhaps 10 in a year) but I am in no way addicted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

but I am in no way addicted.

To high heels? ;) :D

I can't make that claim. In fact I would even go so far as to say my interest in heels (and stockings) has shaped my life. Not that it has been a bad thing. :D A great motivator, and believe me, I've needed motivating. :P :D

To high heels? ;) :D

I can't make that claim. In fact I would even go so far as to say my interest in heels (and stockings) has shaped my life. Not that it has been a bad thing. :D A great motivator, and believe me, I've needed motivating. :P :D

No, not addicted to high heels (or railways) but just an interested student and observer of both with some 'hands on' (or 'feet in') involvement as and when.   But I confess that some greater opportunity for heel-wearing (in person or vicariously through a good woman) would have been a big bonus but is now most unlikely (sigh!).  

As to your own experience, my guess is that heels and stockings have shaped your legs and feet too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

But I confess that some greater opportunity for heel-wearing (in person or vicariously through a good woman) would have been a big bonus but is now most unlikely (sigh!).  

Surely, as long as you can walk unaided, this is still an opportunity? :huh:

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

As to your own experience, my guess is that heels and stockings have shaped your legs and feet too!

Possibly shaped my feet, yes. Or at least one of my large toes seems to moving in a direction that favours a pointed toe. (Always been a favourite, even in mens styles.) Thankfully, no sign of bunions; though I don't know of anyone in  my family with them either so that might be down to genes. My skinny legs are again a family trait. Unfortunately, both my parents had shocking varicose veins, and that concerns me. I believe an estranged (younger) brother has had some stripped already. :(

I've several times over the last couple of years promised myself I would keep my legs hair-free. There are no complications from this, as a "cyclist" who might be prone to grazes, hairless legs offer better sites for plasters. And for their removal. ;) Making time, or suitable time, seems to be a challenge. :rolleyes:

This weekend ..... :D

On 07/06/2016 at 11:51 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

I've several times over the last couple of years promised myself I would keep my legs hair-free. There are no complications from this, as a "cyclist" who might be prone to grazes, hairless legs offer better sites for plasters. And for their removal. ;) Making time, or suitable time, seems to be a challenge. :rolleyes:

This weekend ..... :D

Just a little tip for male readers ....

Be very very very careful with sharp stuff around the scrotal area. Cuts around 5mm can take a surprisingly long time to repair.... :rolleyes:

Had a bit of bad luck myself on the auction site this week.

I'd made a couple of offers on a pair of 'used' Office courts last week. "We" finally settled on a price, and I paid promptly, as I do. Couple of days passed, and no indication of dispatch, which isn't always a bad indicator... :rolleyes:

Checking my PayPal account, I find I have a refund for the shoes, "pending", with a cancellation request also "pending". (The technicalities are: my refund is coming via an echeque, possibly. Until that money is actually sitting <back> in my account, the cancellation request by the seller can't be concluded. Handy, as it allows me to leave negative feedback. Instant repayment due to a cancellation - stops this possibility, I believe.) So, no shoes, no money until next Monday. And no contact from the seller at all. :rolleyes: My negative feedback was the second in a row for the seller. Hopefully the person who doubtless offered more money than me, doesn't like them when they arrive. :P 

I might be wrong with this but if you don't agree to cancel the seller ends up paying listing fees.  Then open an item not recieved case in due course to get your money back.