Jump to content
hunnybun

Hi from the North East UK

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, long time heels addict, I've bought, sold, bought and sold so many times and still have a large collection. Hope to converse with like-minded folks on here.

Take care, stay safe.

H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!   It would be good if you would tell us more about yourself, your preferences and your collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. Please tell us more about your collection.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys, not really sure what to tell you, I've got a good collection of heels, varying heel heights and styles, some sandals and boots, I tend to wear flats around the house.

I buy a lot of shoes from Asos, I have used Deichman, Brantano and La Redoute in the past, kinda dabbled with JustFab, tend to get a wee bit expensive when you're a heels addict.

Here's a few pics, believe me this is a small part of the collection.

H. 

DSCF1494.jpg

DSCF1496.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for showing some of your collection. I have over 80 pairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice courts.   I'm guessing from the retailers you mention that you have a fairly large foot.   What size are you, hunnybun? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I take a 10 uk, not always easy to find reasonably priced heels that are pretty, I've sold many pairs on Ebay, including some extreme heeled Giaro shoes, possibly one of my many regrets. 

Never tried on any heels in-store though, a salesgirl in Brantano asked me if I wanted to try the shoes on, when she opened the box she turned crimson, quite funny that episode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hunnybun said:

Thanks guys, I take a 10 uk, not always easy to find reasonably priced heels that are pretty, I've sold many pairs on Ebay, including some extreme heeled Giaro shoes, possibly one of my many regrets. 

Never tried on any heels in-store though, a salesgirl in Brantano asked me if I wanted to try the shoes on, when she opened the box she turned crimson, quite funny that episode.

 

That does sound funny - was she not aware that you'd selected a pair of heels? 

Trying on in store is simply not an option for me - they simply would never have anything big enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Shyheels, the shoes are usually in boxes on the shelves, I just took the box to the counter as normal, I should have struck up a conversation or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, hunnybun said:

Hi Shyheels, the shoes are usually in boxes on the shelves, I just took the box to the counter as normal, I should have struck up a conversation or something.

It certainly had possibilities, that scene.

I take an UK11.5 or 12 so that is never going to happen with me. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of pair of very nice understated custom boots which fit wonderfully 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, hunnybun said:

Thanks guys, I take a 10 uk, not always easy to find reasonably priced heels that are pretty, I've sold many pairs on Ebay, including some extreme heeled Giaro shoes, possibly one of my many regrets. 

Never tried on any heels in-store though, a salesgirl in Brantano asked me if I wanted to try the shoes on, when she opened the box she turned crimson, quite funny that episode.

 

 

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It certainly had possibilities, that scene.

I take an UK11.5 or 12 so that is never going to happen with me. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of pair of very nice understated custom boots which fit wonderfully 

 

Funnily enough, although I am usually a UK11 or 12, I had a similar experience in Brantano almost 10 years ago, when it did sell a limited range of women's shoes in UK11.   I spotted a rather nice pair of heeled sandals in UK11 on sale at a really low clearance price and did not hesitate to buy them, out of curiosity as much as anything.   The cashier gave me a conspiratorial smile when she saw what I had selected but seemed to accept my explanation of them being for a 'vicars and tarts party' costume (and why not?).

You are lucky, hunnybun, in being just that bit smaller with a UK10.   ASOS for one has had some very wearable boots (amongst other styles) in sizes to UK10 but even the wide fitting is just too small for me.   One day, perhaps ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why explain? Leave her wondering. You'll never see her again and anyway, it's none of her business. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Why explain? Leave her wondering. You'll never see her again and anyway, it's none of her business. 

Why not comment?   The cashier was pleasant and mildly amused rather than amazed and it seemed sensible to me to make light of the issue rather than appear remote and secretive.   And I might well have visited the shop again (as indeed I did).   If she had been a miserable old bat or made some disparaging remark, I can assure you that I would have put her in her place.

Edited by Puffer
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I meant, why make up a story? Just say they’re for you. It isn’t just a choice of fabricating an excuse to buy a pair of heels, or being remote and secretive. As you say, she gave you a conspiratorial smile. You could have smiled right back and said Yup! Who knows where the conversation would have gone. Maybe nothing more than another smile, but you could have swanned out of the shop , with your parcel tucked under your arm, as though you owned the place. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome HB. What else do you get up to? Any hobbies mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I guess I meant, why make up a story? Just say they’re for you. It isn’t just a choice of fabricating an excuse to buy a pair of heels, or being remote and secretive. As you say, she gave you a conspiratorial smile. You could have smiled right back and said Yup! Who knows where the conversation would have gone. Maybe nothing more than another smile, but you could have swanned out of the shop , with your parcel tucked under your arm, as though you owned the place. 

You make too much of a simple transaction and exchange of pleasantries!   The cashier's attitude was one of mild surprise and curiosity (as one might well expect) but when I did, in effect, say that the sandals were for me by stating that they were for party wear (which wasn't far from the truth), my legitimate reason satisfied both parties.   A blunt statement that they were for me to wear, or no statement at all, would in the circumstances have appeared rude and likely created some negative impression of me.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My primary hobby is Home Cinema, has been for years, of course heels come a close second, lets be blunt it's cross-dressing really. I've been shopping with my Wife for clothes and shoes, I've even been shopping for clothes and lingerie with her Mother, both accept me for who I am and what I do but neither take part in anything, that's fine with me.

There's no need to be embarrassed buying female designated clothing, it's a case of thinking too much into what you are doing and that creates the embarrassment .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...