Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Perfume bottle of interest ....

If you have £60 or £80 you'd like to spend on your nearest and dearest, (or yourself) this might make an interesting ornament.

5921b6d31b9bd_CarolinaHerrera-GoodGirlperfume.thumb.jpg.c056f0d56a084a2cc1f9e89eb81b70bb.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 5:49 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

If you have £60 or £80 you'd like to spend on your nearest and dearest, (or yourself) this might make an interesting ornament.

5921b6d31b9bd_CarolinaHerrera-GoodGirlperfume.thumb.jpg.c056f0d56a084a2cc1f9e89eb81b70bb.jpg

I want one! :-)

6 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

When I first looked, only available in airports. Now available everywhere;)

Will look for it :-)

This perfume was reported recently, to be the most popular at this time (Early 2021.)

Having had a few sniffs of it myself, I have found it pleasant, but not worth the price by some margin. I strongly suspect the real reason for the "popularity" is the design of the bottle the perfume is sold in. I bet Louboutin is kicking himself over it. ;)

You may be right about the bottle shape - no accounting for taste!   Personally, I think it is tacky and dislike anything that sends up or exaggerates a high-heeled shoe, e.g. the 'artwork' showing an Amazonian woman in impossibly high heels.   We spend much of our time desiring and championing high heels - and encouraging women as well as men to wear them - that anything which tends to ridicule or detract from them merely gives ammunition to the increasing number of people who now tend to eschew them.

I rather like the image of Louboutin kicking himself - particularly if wearing a pair of his Hot Chicks!

On 1/21/2021 at 9:34 AM, Puffer said:

Personally, I think it is tacky and dislike anything that sends up or exaggerates a high-heeled shoe, e.g. the 'artwork' showing an Amazonian woman in impossibly high heels. 

I don't think you would have liked my 'teenage entertainment' portfolio. Authored by artistes such as Eric Stanton and John Willie.

John Willie example: image.png.d0a29df9af9cf3e47c80c567dda1e44c.png

Almost completely unrealistic, although women were almost certainly slimmer in the austere 1930's, 40's and 50's. And those shaped heels not a million miles away from reality either. In fact I have include a photograph on this site somewhere, of boots not unlike those in the drawing.  

Edited by FastFreddy2

Yes, that is very much what I had in mind, along with artist's impressions or retouched 'glamour' photos advertising footwear that promised much more than could be delivered.   The 1950s magazine adverts for many shoes and heroines in cinema posters provide good examples.