Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

Been snowing here for about 10 hours now. It's light, and falling on wet roads so it's not building up. About an inch deep on grass, but it can't stay as it's a tad too warm. More on the way, so staying in, again. Going a bit 'stir crazy'. Visiting family tomorrow, so adventures out this weekend..... :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

Hi all....

Been on a bit of a hiatus as Mrs Heelman has been on a right downer about heeling for the last few months, but on a positive note she is now back at work so I have more "me" time to do what I like !? And she now has to stay at home when I visit my Mum in London so I can get up to what I want there as well.

I had a trip out to High Wycombe today, and for anyone in the vicinity I would well recommend the Eden centre as a place for heel shopping. There are Primark, New Look, Evans, Aldo, Office, Debenhams which do larger sizes... And I have noticed that Primark and New Look have plenty of size 9 (43) in stock. This New Look is my favourite as they always have plenty of stock and the staff keep well on top of organising the stock in sizes.

So I decided to treat myself to a new pair of boots

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/boots/black-folded-cuff-lace-up-ankle-boots_264788101

I changed into them and had a wander around some of the shops, and then remembered that I had to go into Uxbridge for some things for my mum so it was back to the car and a quick 15 minute drive to Uxbridge still in the boots. I must have been around the entire shopping centre and was pleasantly surprised to find a Barratts had opened in town.... Though as they were new did not have any size 9 or 10 stock in yet!

I was on my way back to the car when I was spotted by a teenage girl, walking with her parents... She looked once, twice, looked at me, looked down at my feet, back at me and smiled broadly..... I returned the smile and carried on walking towards the car park.

These boots are really comfy and at 3 1/2 inch heel good for walking around for some time.... They are also totally in Freddys "Discreet" range and apart from that one girl I think I was not noticed at all..... The problem is I am so used to wandering around in heels now that I tend to forget I am wearing them.

I had even stood right next to one of the assistants in Next as she was kneeling on the floor replacing shoes on the sale shelf and I don't think she realised that the boots were being worn by a man!

I may have a trip into Central London tomorrow, subject to the weather.....

I may have a trip into Central London tomorrow, subject to the weather.....

Having (regretfully) dismissed myself from a day out today, I had thought I might try to meet up?

It's not really stopped snowing here, and Mrs Freddy has already suggested we might not travel tomorrow at all, as a consequence. She's aware I need some playtime, and has not been resistant to us going in opposite directions tomorrow, if weather allows.

Looks like it'll snow more tonight, so I'm not holding my breath. I wiped 4 inches of snow off the car earlier, hoping subsequent flurries would be less reluctant to settle on the car if it were wet. Just looked outside. Not only has snow settled on my car (again), but the roads that were clear at 4pm, now have a covering of snow on them. :rolleyes:

From a Daily Mail article. post-40-0-36274400-1364121771_thumb.jpg

Direct link >> here <<

Jury is out. :blink:

Edited by FastFreddy2

I have posted on new boots and heels I want thread about what I got up to today, I decided against central London due to the weather, still reasonably dry but not that warm!

I am still thinking of another trip to Westfield, plenty to look at and it is easy to wander around in heels!

Also I am tempted to have a night out in heels, but the obvious danger with this is that once some of the neaderthals wandering around having left pubs, clubs etc. spot the heels, there is an chance of a confrontation!

I have openly worn heels in Manchester's "Gay" village in the evening without problem, but this I think is the exception not the norm!

I decided against central London due to the weather, still reasonably dry but not that warm!

I am still thinking of another trip to Westfield, plenty to look at and it is easy to wander around in heels!

I too decided against the West End, due to the weather. Although we weren't supposed to have any today (having been promised some in yesterdays forecast) it snowed again this morning. :rolleyes: Obviously the weather wasn't on the circulation list of the revised forecast. :D

I'm still looking for an opportunity to get out very soon. Brent Cross is okay for a short visit, but Westfield has lots more going on and closes at 10pm. B)

After a considerable gap since the last meet-up, finally had an 'away-day' with a fellow heeler on Saturday 6th April. B)

More details to follow, including some of the pictures taken of the shopping talent we saw. ;):D

Part 1 of 2.

As many here will know, part of me wearing heels is the pleasure of wearing them during 'regular' social activity. That means, wearing them to the cinema if circumstances allow. To gigs, restaurants, and drinking places. Oh, and to shopping malls, of course.

Lack of progress in the refurb programme (aka guilt) and the onerous weather, has kept me away from going out in heels for a couple of months (at least). Hooking up with other male heelers when presented with an opportunity, pretty much trumps everything else. I can do plumbing any day. I can do electrics any day. Meeting another heeler, on average, happens 1½ times a year. I don't have trouble prioritising. B)

An opportunity arose to meet Euchrid in London. Weather wasn't going to be awful, arrangements were made, and kept. I took my walking companion with me, and we all met up around 12.30pm in Oxford Street. I wore >> these << which are quite discreet, and have a wearable heel, given how much walking we might do.

On the day, the wind was low, and the Sun was out. So were the shoppers! Once we'd met and said our "Hello's and how are you's?" shoppers in heels started to pass us ....

post-40-0-53087300-1365462398_thumb.jpg post-40-0-88972800-1365462833_thumb.jpg

Hopefully, it was a good start to the day. ;)

We walked away from where we first met, and towards a large store in the opposite direction to the one that would provide most interest. New Oxford Street is okay, but the bigger stores, and more upmarket stores are in Oxford Street proper. After a short stay we went back on our tracks toward Oxford Street, searching for a café with a view. None found we arrived at a usually great (shoe) store, Topshop. And getting there caused some excitement!

post-40-0-54918900-1365462399_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-22646400-1365462400_thumb.jpg Shopping heels! B)

A couple of flights down, we reached the shoe area. In some ways disappointing, as there were only the newer styles; courts and sandals to be seen. Kept us busy for a short while though.

post-40-0-64718300-1365462834_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-25088700-1365462835_thumb.jpg

Once out we searched again for a café with a view, and had to give up having found somewhere that was just plain convenient. [That would be BHS.] Got seats with a view, but away from the main shopping areas. A good long chat and two coffees later, my second drink spilt by Mr Clumsy (me) we used the toilets and went on our way. Thankfully the staff were very good humoured about having to mop up half their floor covered in my drink. :wacko:

Further along Oxford Street, we did the three bigger departmental stores. The most notable one being House of Fraser, which pretty much has its basement set aside for footwear. I spied these from Jessica Simpson:

post-40-0-84726000-1365465590_thumb.jpg ... but wear them where? (Candidate for the Oddities thread? ;) )

Euchrid couldn't stop himself, and got into a shoe trying out session. B)

post-40-0-77269400-1365465591_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-37851800-1365465592_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-29896700-1365465764_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-86951900-1365465764_thumb.jpg

No purchasing done, and not surprising given some of the prices really. £150/£200 not so uncommon. Even some still in the sales [Euchrid Pic 3 and Pic 4] £79. :o

So back out into the street, and further along .......

post-40-0-38770100-1365463563_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-04476100-1365463564_thumb.jpg

Until pangs of hunger started to gnaw. Time was cracking on, and the coffees drunk earlier were wearing off. We decided to have a quick walk down Bond Street before a bit of lunch inside Bond Street station. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Sounding very good fun so far.... Awaiting part 2 with anticipation!

Nice to see Euchrid gaving a trying on session.... Thats as much part of the fun for me as wearing heels if I'm shopping!

Part 2 of 3 (it turns out)

The big three stores done, and me having been off for a wander on my own, (toilet again) we all proceeded a bit further before crossing the road to South Molton Street. Just as we were about to cross the road, I got distracted.

post-40-0-94029900-1365637378_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-66132500-1365637379_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-16352900-1365637380_thumb.jpg

I hadn't realised at the time, but these boots are special. :huh: [see 'Epilogue' in Part 3.]

With tummy's rumbling, we crossed the road and started to walk toward another Kurt Geiger store, before going to Bond Street station.

Not far into the walk, I think we saw what could be described as the high heel 'mother load' of the afternoon. A tall attractive girl approached wearing some stunning footwear. Made her so tall, even Heelman500 would have to look upward to see her (lovely) face. :D

post-40-0-14265000-1365637762_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-90300200-1365637762_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-03197200-1365637765_thumb.jpg

Once Euchrid and I had calmed down, we visited the Kurt Geiger store. Staff outnumbered shoppers, and one of the staff spotted my shoes...... Once again I was tempted with the Coco stiletto's (mentioned elsewhere), and once again I thought, wear them where?

Leaving the shop, we walked up to Bond Street, and Pret.

While eating my favourite Pret sandwich of crayfish and rocket, several more girls in heels passed us while we sat. Unfortunately, even my enthusiasm can't overcome the need for 3 hands to eat and 'snap' at the same time. :D

Some time later (I can talk for England) we left and went back out into Oxford Street. The plan was to go up to Primarni, but my feet were out of practice for walking too much further, and we had walked quite a way already! Plus my walking companion has a duff hip (to be replaced on May), so the return walk back to Oxford Circus became inevitable.

Having already seen what was always going to be the most glamorous outfit we were going to see during the afternoon, anything else was probably going to be slightly disappointing. Still, heels are heels, and we did see more on the way back.

post-40-0-75190300-1365638508_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-61343600-1365638511_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-26934600-1365638512_thumb.jpg

A good place to see girls in heels, is always going to be a shoe shop of course .... And there was more than one we hadn't been to, on the outbound journey.

post-40-0-84572900-1365638509_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-87157800-1365638510_thumb.jpg

Oh dear. Ran out of piccy space! :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Part 3 of 2 (!!)

Almost at the end of our afternoon out, we visited one last shop. Nothing to report on the shoe front, but one of the staff was wearing thigh boots!! To work!! Not some with high heels (sorry), but they were thigh boots. B) She was easily the hardest working person there, not standing still at all, so getting a piccy was almost impossible. And the best chance I got (picture 3) had my jacket hiding most of the subject. [Duh!] Hopefully you get the idea.

post-40-0-85028200-1365639601_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-76972000-1365639599_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-91132800-1365639600_thumb.jpg

We said our goodbyes, and expressed a desire and intent to meet up again, sooner rather than later. B)

As we got back to the car, had another pair of heels turn up. post-40-0-80845500-1365639602_thumb.jpg

On the way home, stopped off at Brent Cross for me to return some jeans I'd bought recently from Marks, and had decided they were too large to keep. More heels .... ;)

post-40-0-76110100-1365639604_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-96860500-1365639603_thumb.jpg

And finally home. What a great afternoon. Sun was still out on the drive back, how lucky were we with the weather? Quite possibly my best day this year. ;)B)

Epilogue.

It doesn't take long to press a button on a camera, and during the afternoon I took 195 images. Many are unsuitable due to compositional problems, like my jacket getting in the way as mentioned above. Often movement, as fast as the camera is, makes some pictures unusable. The lack of contrast, again with the thigh boot images, makes some images useless for reproduction here.

Every image taken is upside down because of how I (discreetly) hold the camera. It's never held perfectly 'square' either, so getting the image ready, can take some time. Editing all the images shown in these posts, has taken better than two hours. :( The speed with which the images are sometimes taken, (literally 5- 10 seconds) and the further delay in seeing the images correctly, means something stunning can go unnoticed for some time.

Just such a situation exists with the boots at the start of "Part 2 of 3". On closer examination while getting the image right side up, then cropping in the detail, the shape of the boot became more apparent. Not just the shape, but more importantly the rise that went with the shape. True they have a platform, but it's not a stupidly thick one, and the boots weren't particularly small either. The only give away to their origin is there appears to be a zip on the outside of the boot. I've tried to find the make, but had no success. If they'd had a red sole, I'd have to look no further, but the sole was black. I don't believe I've seen these anywhere.... And I'd like to.

A closer look .......

post-40-0-19183700-1365641105_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-21414700-1365641104_thumb.jpg

I spent a several hours searching on the internet, deciding the were either Mui Mui, or a Loubie knock off. While both these brands have similar shapes and heel heights, I'm sure I noticed a small web joining the heel to the sole, neither of these had that web.

Tonight (Wednesday) while preparing the photo's for publication here, I thought I also recognised there might be a hidden platform above the obvious one. So; outer zip, heel web, double platform.

While trying to find the picture of the Mui Mui boot I downloaded Monday, I literally stumbled across the answer. :huh:

post-40-0-90607700-1365642003_thumb.jpg Zara £60, AW 2012 :rolleyes:

I'd actually tried these on last Autumn, and had mentioned them before I had tried them on in-store. REALLY HIGH, and felt it, though a very good fit on my foot. I didn't buy at the time because of the double platform. Lovely looking boot though. Certainly a head turner (to me). :D

That's a mystery I never thought would be resolved. ;)

P.S.

(Finally) found the picture of the Mui Mui boots!

post-40-0-14990400-1365647991_thumb.jpg Nice heel huh? ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

My (far shorter) report on last Saturdays' outing:

T'was a most enjoyable day out. Some great heel sightings, particularly that Amazonian knockout in the KG's strolling through the Bond Street area. Even the weather was on our side.

Unfortunately, the boot buying season is pretty much over now so there was little of interest in the stores.

I did a limited bit of trying on whenever I was lucky enough to discover something to my liking.

Best find was a pair of Nine West ankle boots. Fitted pretty good & the style was spot on with my current taste.

The asking price of £49 was reasonable but not a sum I can afford to stump up at the moment for *ahem* 'non-essentials'.

If I should find myself back in London within the next week or two, I shall definitely be making a return visit (House-of-Fraser wasn't it?) to see if they've shaved any more off that price. At £30, I would be sold! Perhaps I should have negotiated with one of the attractive assistants.

Those are some great candid camera shots. I didn't actually see the Zara-girl myself unfortunately. i'm loving her look though - I shall be setting up an e-bay auto search for those beauties.

Freddy & his walking partner were great company as always & i'm looking forward to the promised mid-week meet up in a few weeks time (or as soon as the decent spring weather arrives).

Sounds like an excellent time was had by all.... Wish I could have seen the amazonian girl in heels! Nothing better than a tall girl in really high heels....

Sounds like an excellent time was had by all....

"We" are hoping to have a meet up -avec toi- in the not-too-distant future? :huh:

Count me in...

Dates ..... ?

Sunny weather, parked up at Starbucks (yeuk) opposite Selfridges .... Could probably guarantee someone to fit the bill. ;):D

Possibly 9th-11th May ??

A date that included a Friday would suit me, but Euchrid would find a Monday far easier. I'll have an ask. How definite "could" those dates be?

Friday 10th is no good for me unfortunately. Thursday 9th would be possible though.

Thursday 9th works for me...... Freddy that goid with you?

I can do the 9th.

Won't be the West End unless it's in the evening though. [My friend with the Blue Badge works on Thursdays.] But Westfield White City would be a runner.

I'm in London on the 9th May for a hospital checkup at 11.15. If anyone is there in the afternoon I would be able to meet up.

At the moment, it looks like at least 3 of us will be meeting up.

My walking companion, might have the afternoon off, so she can join us? It'll mean I can go to the West End too, though I might not be able to park up until 2.30pm. If we meet at Westfield, we could arrive at 1.30pm if traffic is okay?