Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

Didn't go to London Wednesday, went Thursday. Just happened to be the same day the Olympic torch went down Oxford Street. (Duh! :rolleyes: )

We travelled by car along a route that would have indicated heavy traffic, but none was present, so we just kept going South. Some roads were blocked to move traffic around the West End, but a route was left if you knew where they [Police] left it. I found it, so all was good. A lot of traffic had stayed away. Driving around the West End was simple, and parking not too hard to find.

We were maybe looking for bargains, but had a need to buy Mrs Freddy a camera too. We parked behind Debenhams. Although it was after the torch had been and gone, I expected the place to be busier than it was. I had already decided I would wear >> these << despite us arriving early enough to enjoy at least two hours of daylight while there. They are a little high, but my jeans cover the heel. Not when leaving the car though ....

Having gotten a favourable spot, I was reluctant to move. As we parked, a rather unattractive female bar worker (cook), and a second male cook sat outside their place of employ for a cigarette. They were perhaps 30 or 40 yards away, practically opposite on the other side of a wide street. As soon as I put a foot out of the car, she started watching. She produced a big grim that stopped short of a laugh, and motioned her (disinterested) male colleague in my direction. He wasn't at all for looking and his phone took his interest.

My walk was perhaps 25 yards to a corner that would put brickwork between us. With her watching and grinning widely, I was keen to get around that corner, and away from her stare. It took no time at all, but put me in a 'wary' condition I'm not used to. If it had happened on the way back from the venture, I wouldn't have cared, but at the start?

Once around the corner, having had a middle-aged packpacker look at my feet as I walked, I realised I'd left my phone in the car. :( Miss Ugly would still be sucking on her fag, so I asked a very reluctant Mrs Freddy to collect my phone so I could avoid entertaining the lady cook a second time. Very soon afterward we made for a store. I've mentioned John Lewis before regarding cameras. Great place to shop, as they will price match any other retail store. Their Oxford Street store has a suspended floor though, and every step meant my heel 'clonking' so everyone within 20 paces could hear me. :huh: Had I been alone, I'm sure many more would have looked, but the bulk of other shoppers, probably expected it was Mrs Freddy's feet they could hear. ;)

We got in, and had a good look at some cameras. One there was of interest, but was slightly over budget. [Mrs Freddy only wanted a point-and-shoot camera for her holiday.] We elected to check some local stores before purchasing, having found a model that fitted the brief.

Next store was House of Fraser. I'd been there a couple of weeks ago with Heelman500, so was expecting little of interest to me. The male assistant who spotted me and Heelman500 last time, spotted me again. ;) Herself spotted some (holiday) sandals straight away, seen >> here << from Hobbs. While on sale at £35, with one sticker suggesting a starting price of £89, they were a bit tatty. We checked if a fresh pair were available and as a pair was, they were tried on. "Ca-chink" Sale done. :D

As herself had found a pair of Steve Madden 'stupidly high' court shoes she quite liked the last time we had visited (and tried on while I was in the toilet :rolleyes: ), I directed her over to the Steve Madden concession. Still in sandal mode, >> these << appeared. [in white and yellow.] "Ca-chink". Another sale then? :D We left the store minutes before they closed at 9pm.

The only store open later was Selfridges, so we walked the 4 or 500 yards to the store. Having been in my heels for a couple of hours by this point, my confidence had returned.

We made straight for the womens shoe floor, expecting to see sale goods out. How wrong were we? Only new lines, and full priced goods. Makes sense I suppose. You make more money on full price goods, and if you have extra shoppers, why sell (sale) goods with no margin? Did see a pretty slim tall young women trying some of >> these <<. If only I had a camera? :huh:

Disappointed, but still with two bags with sandals in them, we left for some food. Had an interesting encounter when a girl in heels turned around to check my heels as I turned around to check hers. ;):D

Into the restaurant and ate. Had a little scare when 4 huge young fellas [rugby players perhaps] and one girl sat in the booth next to us, between us and the exit ...... They'd been to the Hyde Park after-torch-party, and wanted another drink. To get that, they had to buy food, and it looked like they would be watching me clip-clop past. As luck would have it, they ate as fast as they drank, and left before us. :D Even though it was after 11pm, the place had more people in it when we left, than when we arrived. :huh:

Had a good walk back to the car. Had gotten dark, and the pavement seemed to be even busier than before. I can only assume groups had been leaving the Hyde Park gig slowly?

We got home at 12.40am. A very pleasant/successful night out, despite the unfortunate start. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

The next day, Friday, Olympics Opening Ceremony!

We sourced Mrs Freddy's camera, oddly at John Lewis. Looks like the item we'd priced up, was a kit. The camera alone falling nicely into budget. B) Going out in the moderate weather again, not an opportunity to be missed. :D

We to Brent Cross and the store with the camera. Turns out Mrs Freddy had some JL vouchers, hence the continued interest in that particular store. This evening would be spent closer to home, so I wore >> these <<. Not so girly, and less of a problem if we encountered someone we knew. The plan .... visit Brent Cross, and if time allowed, we onto Westfield White City and possibly another meal out.

We arrived at Brent Cross later than expected, as the threat of heavy traffic going to the Opening, suggesting we wait until the traffic load had reduced. Once there, we had to find some help, as the section was busy. After a short wait, we were helped. Only to find they didn't have the camera in stock, but the Oxford Street branch did. The place we visited the previous night. :huh: All this going on with me in heels.

We to Oxford Street, via a route that includes Finchley Road. While we were parked at traffic lights, an almighty roar occurred that rocked the car. It came from the sky, and was obvious to me, the sound of a [military] jet. We looked up, to see a number of residual vapour trails. Even with less than an hour to the Opening, they were way too early to be involved with the Opening, or so we thought. It was actually a Red Arrows flypast over the Olympic Stadium timed for ...... 20:12. :ph34r: I've seen a great picture of it somewhere .... but can't find a link to it. (And I've looked. :huh:)

So we on to Oxford Street, and the same parking space! No 'charmless' cook to contend with either. :rolleyes:

Into JL, with minutes to spare. Got the camera, which annoyingly, was the one we looked at yesterday, that had been put out with the wrong pricing information. Even the assistant couldn't be sure until we got to the till, but assured us we would get the right price, which we did. A journey completed that we could have avoided, [or this part of it] if the labelling had been correct yesterday. :blink:

Back to the car via the bouncing JL floor. Seemed to be much less noise today. ;)

Although Mrs Freddy thought it too late to bother, I drove us to Westfield. We got there in time to watch the part of the Opening Ceremony where the Queen appears to jump out of the helicopter. It surprised everyone watching it on the big screen there, and everyone laughed, including us. It was too late to get home to watch it, so we had a quick look in a couple of shoe shops (for more sandals!)

Ten minutes from the stores closing at 10pm, we decided we didn't want another late dinner, so opted to share a sandwich and drive home. On leaving, we purposely walked out the farthest exit, and then walked right along the Southern Terrace which is like a promenade along one side of Westfield White City.

Back home an hour later, and started to watch the dreadfully slow conclusion to the Opening Ceremony, where the athletes walk into the stadium. The last 15 minutes were spectacular though!

Another night out in heels. Managed to visit 3 of my usual haunts in one go, with this time, no interest at all in my heels. B)

Epilogue:

While we were about to get ready for bed, Mrs Freddy realised she'd bought the camera with cash, rather than using the vouchers..... Apparently I should have noticed. Plainly, neither of us has much of a memory. :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Looks like I'll be back up the West End tomorrow night.

I'll be parking next to Miss Chuckles workplace, and visiting the restaurant where I got a laughed at, by the sour-faced German woman.

Nothing like a challenge, eh? ;):D

Nice stories... these boots https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6ZeDGncVfW4-a3iQofxPrW-fWxCKd1FlH1kTq0Du9fc?feat=directlink were very nice.

Almost 5" and with the thin heels...that must be a challenge to wear for hrs...

I guess its just a question of time before someone will spot you and laugh.

What was the reaction of mrsfreddy when that happend?

:)

Freddy

So you gave "Miss Ugly" a laugh in her otherwise dull and boring shift at work.

You didn't mention her giving you a hard time, so I would not even think about it. You probably made the rest of her shift quite pleasant!

As I have been out and about with you in heels, you are always discreet in your choice of outfit and your heeling always looks appropriate..... Even if you are spotted, I really don't think you are going to get abuse!!

But good on you anyway, You are really getting out and about in heels at the moment.

• Like 1

Almost 5" and with the thin heels...that must be a challenge to wear for hrs...

I guess its just a question of time before someone will spot you and laugh.

What was the reaction of mrsfreddy when that happend?

:)

They are harder work, than the 4" heels I usually wear. Slightly harder on the balls of my feet, and surprisingly hard on one of my knee joints.

I think Mrs Freddy is only ever worried about meeting someone we know. She was a bit 'resistant' to going back for my phone, but otherwise fine with everything. If I'm honest we both could have gone back, the only time Miss Ugly had a clear view of the heel was as I planted my foot leaving the car. After that, the heel is pretty much hidden, unless striding forward. Then only the lower inch visible. The real tellers are the sound of the heel [why the middle-aged back packer looked down], and the slowness of my step. That slowness, was some of the reason I asked Mrs Freddy to get the phone. Was quicker. :D

Once away from the car and walking to the shopping area, she put her arm in mine. A nice thing to do. Rather than walk 3 paces behind. :D In fact thinking about it, she suggested walking between me and Miss Ugly as we left the car, so her view of my heels was obstructed. (Bless her. :wub: )

Freddy

So you gave "Miss Ugly" a laugh in her otherwise dull and boring shift at work.

You didn't mention her giving you a hard time, so I would not even think about it. You probably made the rest of her shift quite pleasant!

As I have been out and about with you in heels, you are always discreet in your choice of outfit and your heeling always looks appropriate..... Even if you are spotted, I really don't think you are going to get abuse!!

But good on you anyway, You are really getting out and about in heels at the moment.

B)

Yes, good positive spin there! ;) Thank you. :)

I'd managed to get out a bit more because ......

1. Herself is on holiday leave, so later nights are not a problem.

2. Shops and restaurants are open later to try and catch Olympics trade.

3. Weather has improved.

The second half of August will have me living as a recluse again. ;):D

Edited by FastFreddy2

The weather put me off a London trip last night. (Skies were dark for a while.) Plus it looks like I'm there Sunday anyway. ;)

Went to Watford, which is open until 9pm on Thursday. Place was empty-ish.

Wore my 'wear everywhere' HD boots that look like cowboy boots. Was quite disappointed at how many people looked at them, as I walked toward them. [Oddly, people with a larger girth?] They must be bored and [ii] had something of a sheltered life. Though looking at one couple in particular, they obviously spent more time in McDonalds, than their bathroom. :rolleyes:

I was unphased. B)

As Heelman500 suggests, if I am what passes for entertainment in Watford, good luck to them. They need it. :D

No laughing, no comments, just looked [one or two stared as we walked toward each other] at the points of my shoes. They would have had some idea the shoes had a heel, (noise), but these are not 5" stiletto's in black patent or silver glitter.

This is what they would have been looking at:

post-40-0-99996500-1344010434_thumb.jpg

Am I 'special'? ;):D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Freddy,

If I hadn't seen the heel on those boots myself, I would never have guessed that they were not mens boots. They look totally mainstream to me..... And thinking of Watford's residents then I concur It must be them....

I do wonder how many men that see another guy in heels really thinks ..... "I wish I could" rather than that looks ridiculous!

Do you remember that guy in Boots Oxford Street who was fascinated by our heels..... I reckon he got a pair himself (and good luck to him)

Freddy,

If I hadn't seen the heel on those boots myself, I would never have guessed that they were not mens boots. They look totally mainstream to me..... And thinking of Watford's residents then I concur It must be them....

I do wonder how many men that see another guy in heels really thinks ..... "I wish I could" rather than that looks ridiculous!

Do you remember that guy in Boots Oxford Street who was fascinated by our heels..... I reckon he got a pair himself (and good luck to him)

I do. B)

To be honest I thought he was a wind up merchant at first, but he went on for so long so earnestly, he was genuinely interested. :)

I've been over to Watford a number of times before in heels, and not gotten much attention at all. It may have been the sound of the heels, I don't know. But previously I've whistled through and not seemingly been noticed? :huh: When it's quieter of course, any unusual sound will catch an ear. Previous visits have had me in a much noisier environment, so maybe that's the answer? Thankfully I didn't opt for the higher (girlie) heel! The watchers might have reached for their phones! :o;):D

It's the reaching for their phones that is not so good, I have a feeling that I may be starring in a vid after todays shoe change......

I don't mind comments, but I woildn't be happy for pics on full public view

We have warm weather back for a couple of days, Thursday through to Saturday. Probably busy at that pub 'disco' Friday, so no heels then. Mrs Freddy back tired from her week away, so early nights leading up to Friday .....

Be a shame to miss out on Saturday night too.

I'm wondering if going without music Friday and spending the evening in heels might be nicer? [For me at least.] Mrs Freddy is working (again) the day after, so she won't be drinking anyway. As in, possibly not any alcohol at all, and it's not like I drink either. Maybe fate will step in and help me decide? :D

If we had a long warm/hot/dry summers, I could take these warm evenings for granted, but it's been 3 or 4 years since we've had a good summer. Or is it longer?

Consequently, when the sun is out, I like to make the most of it. Not the sun as such, but the warm evening that sits behind it. In previous years, driving down to London [restaurants - shopping - riverside views] has been the order of the day. But the general "tightening of belts", costs of fuel, and lack of opportunity has meant this hasn't happened much at all this year. :(

I have to keep reminding myself ...... So many shoes, so little time. ;):P:D

Despite Mrs Freddy fresh back from a week away and straight back into work (no rest day) looks like she is up for a flat-heeled Friday night out at the local pub-disco.

She also seems to be up for a Saturday evening on the South Bank of the Thames. With me in heels, obviously. Mrs Freddy has a camera that works, and isn't bulky so hopefully, I'll be able to provide one or two pictures of me out and about in heels (finally).

If anyone here is interested to join us, you'd be more than welcome. (Bit of an echo in this empty room? :D)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Despite Mrs Freddy fresh back from a week away and straight back into work (no rest day) looks like she is up for a flat-heeled Friday night out at the local pub-disco.......

But sadly, I'm not.

Root canal work for 45 minutes, starting at 10am tomorrow. :(

This is hopefully a final solution to a toothache that nearly had me at an A+E for pain control 2 (or three) weeks ago. Dentist drilled out the inflamed nerve the following Tuesday, much to my relief. Going back tomorrow to have the (now calm) tooth completely cleaned out, packed and filled. Lucky me. :huh:

Apparently an early/calm night is in order, as I've got to be a 'brave soldier' in the morning. ;)

Was a 'brave soldier' in the morning, but not so brave later....

Mouth was very sore later in the day. Accidentally bit on the tooth, and hurt me for the first time in what might be nearly 3 weeks. Weather turned cooler, not least because some unexpected wind arrived and the Sun hid behind clouds for a couple of hours.

On balance, I chickened out, and stayed home. :rolleyes:

If I went out to eat 30 miles from home and bit hard on a sore tooth, I'd be beside myself with pain. Best if I tried out the repair at home, close to a vast array of assorted painkillers and only 2 miles away from even better drugs at an A+E Department. :D

A couple of days from now I'm hoping the tenderness will have gone. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Chewed some soft food on the right side of my mouth tonight, for the first time in 4 weeks. No pain. B)

With a repaired mouth, I'm starting to feel like I need a visit out somewhere soon. Shops in London have returned to their pre-Olympic Games opening times, so no late nights yet. ;) Been a while since I've been to Lakeside, but that's a bit of a childrens playground while the schools are closed for the summer break. Bicester Village Outlet Shopping is an outside venue, so needs a warm/dry day.

We had planned an evening shopping in London tonight [Tuesday], but Mrs Freddy got talking to an old friend when she left work, and got home late. Tomorrow, [Plan B] torrential rain expected..... Plan C ??? :D

Had promised Mrs Freddy a trip out tonight. Today is expected to be the hottest day of the year at 30 to 31 degrees C .... (We are in a 3 day heatwave. :rolleyes: ) It's already so hot I've cancelled the opportunity to visit a large mall at Milton Keynes. At 11am I am sat here in front of a fan that's trying to blow me over. (Maybe I should turn it down a tad? :D )

The idea was to visit London tonight, and sit by the river Thames eating. Sounds romantic eh? The thinking is the buildings there will keep the air warm long after the sun has set. With 8 hours of being cooked by the heat during the day, as we Brits don't usually find air-con away from shops, will either of us have the energy to leave the house later? :huh:

With rain so heavy there was a danger of flooding 3 or 4 days ago, and now a mini heat wave, the weather here could never be described as predictable.... :rolleyes: Plan, what plan? :D

Finally got out in heels, and visited Bicester. ;) Two ticked boxes, from one visit.

Don't know about the help from AA Route Planner. 60 miles there [as advised] route B. 80 miles [advised 60] route A. :rolleyes: So 140 mile round trip. With 'road rage' form black Golf driver on way home, trying to force me off the road while on M25. Mrs Freddy a bit scared, unfortunately. Dialling 999 scared the loony driver off, but got no help from the police. [Either immediately or afterward.]

Think I might be a little in shock, but not sure. (Feel angry that I didn't respond in kind, as foolish as that notion is. :huh: )

At Bicester, the heat meant few people were wearing heels. Three I saw had them on, and two of those were in wedges. Almost nothing to photograph in the shops, and embarrassment of me trying being a hurdle I didn't get past often.

Details following tomorrow. :)

Not finished editing the few pictures I got at Bicester, so 'report' still on the To Do List. -_-

Got to provide an entertainment day for my 'walking in heels' girlfriend. Lakeside Shopping Mall is looking attractive. Free parking all day, lots of shops. Likely to be a bit of a childrens playground during the day as schools are still off, but I would wear my lower [4" heel] Harley D boots anyway.

Plan B would be an afternoon trip to London. £10 congestion charge, and a drive around finding a suitable parking space. Sounds like an easy choice when I write about it this way... But London 30 miles, Lakeside 50, and most of the Lakeside trip is on the M25. The UK's longest/largest car park. :rolleyes:

Decisions, decisions .... ;)

The Bicester visit...

We arrived at Bicester, a little later than planned as the Navigator [Mrs Freddy] kept being distracted by the Driver. [Me.] Consequently, we took one or two wrong turnings getting there. :D Plus, we stopped for 15-20 minutes to look around a motorbike garage that was open, which we passed and returned to. I'm almost in the market for a bike, but not for £10,000 I'm not. ;)

It was a was a warm sunny day, perfect for shopping outside.

We arrived and found a car space in a good position quite quickly. We walked into the shopping 'street' by walking through a Coffee/Sandwich shop. As soon as I walked into the place I got noticed by a large lady sat between us and the exit opposite. I'm pretty sure she didn't stop looking at my shoes the whole time I walked past. Rude? :rolleyes: At the time, I was glad I hadn't put on my higher heels. ;)

We walked through and into the street proper. Here is a very short video, showing the scene. >>

<<

Fortunately most of the shops were open until 7pm, which meant that we got to visit all of those that were of interest. [Meaning, every shop that had anything to do with woman's clothes or shoes.] I tried to take discreet photo's with Mrs Freddy's new inexpensive camera, with mixed success. As the front lens extends a little, it was important I was careful if I took a photo of someone other than us.

We visited many shops, and one of note was Versace. Mrs Freddy tried on and was quite determined to buy, some white sandals reduced to £60. :o However, being a UK7 they were a size too large and try as she might, they just wouldn't stay on. :(

Another pair I liked were reduced from £1700, down to £700. :o there weren't many places with that sort of pricing level, but there was enough for me to realise I probably wouldn't be spending any money there. ;)

Summer isn't a great time for me buying the style of footwear I can wear out, but Mrs Freddy will buy anything she likes, especially if it's a bargain. With one exception [Versace sandals] neither of us saw anything we wanted to own. We even spent some time in Vivienne Westwood at 6.45pm, with herself trying a dress and top in an effort to spend money, but we still left empty handed.

Whilst it was a nice day out for us both, I have my doubts we will visit again. There was a time when this sort of place was the only venue for seriously reduced prices. High street brands, my usual choice, often come with 'outlet' sections these days. Almost every one of the larger Marks and Spencer has one for example. Other brands often have a 'clearance' section where items are sold at significantly lower prices to get them out of the door. M+S and New Look, now make sure they stay out by having a No-Returns-Policy on goods sold in this way.

One of the male staff in Dior looked to be wearing a ladies slipper, but other than that, I saw no other men in heels. Even the lady shoppers, came in flats. The few exceptions, I tried to 'snap'.

Photo's:

The Freddies footwear.

Mrs Freddy trying in some ornate but pretty shoes: One Two Three.

Another girl in the same store: Trying a heel (who also came in flat sandals.)

While those not in heels mostly wore wedges ..... One lady in a court shoe.

Wedge 1

Wedge 2

Wedge 3 - Two images of the same (stunning) girl. Really high shoes too.

Before leaving we had an almost mandatory sandwich from Pret A Manger. We sat in the last of the sunshine, with my heels on show to people either side of us.

It wasn't until we were about to get in the car, my heels got looked at by a store employee leaving her place of work by the store rear door. By this time I had spent almost 4 hours walking around in them, and had gotten a lot less self-conscious. It had much less impact, than being spotted on my arrival. ;)

We'll go back, but maybe next year? ;):P:D

Edited by FastFreddy2

London's Oxford Street tonight.

Am meeting another 'man wearing heels', (who coincidently is still waiting for approval to contribute here), together with my walking out (girl) friend who some of you have met. Won't be a long meeting as he's on a time limit, but it'll be pleasant to meet another heel wearing fella, who I already know has a similar interest in heeling as myself. Meaning the wearing of discreet heels with 4-4½" heel out and about. B)

Anyone available to join us, would be very welcome. ;)

Despite extremely heavy traffic close to the venue, the meeting took place, f-a-i-r-l-y close to the arranged time. :huh:

Coffee and chat, with walk (both in heels) along Oxford Street.

No drama's, no finger pointing, and pretty much no-one looking. The single exception, a fella in Debenhams who saw our heels while we sat drinking coffee.

We saw girls in very high heels out shopping. Me having left Mrs Freddy's camera at home preventing me including piccies here. Even walking back to the car, me and my escort practically followed for about 50 yards, a man with girlfriend/wife wearing 6 inch heels with platforms. Her holding his arm tightly, helping to keep her balance. B)

Forgot to mention one of the window displays at Selfridges. Looking like it was sponsored by Louis Vuitton and their Yayoi Kusama collection ....

post-40-0-37674200-1347056676_thumb.jpg

It reads: "Lets go and see our boyfriends in high heels".

.......... Got my vote. B)

Either way you interperts it it's good.

1 The girl goes to see her boyfriend whilst she is wearing high heels.

2 The girl goes to see her boyfriend in (wearing) high heels.

It occurs to me, the ambiguity is intentional. ;)

"Lets go and see our boyfriends, in high heels." The innocent version.....

"Lets go and see, our boyfriends in high heels." How it reads with a comma placed as shown, or without any comma at all .... [As in the display.]