Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

New Boots And Heels I Want

I hope the drink didn't get you wobbly on those heels. ;)/> :P/> :D/>

I had 4 pints of rather strong Lager and I would be lying if I said it hadn't affected my walking... But I managed to get home safely without drawing loads of attention to myself

Well I am using the afternoons as me time and had a two part trip out today, first I was keen to try on a really high stiletto pair that I had seen in Brantano's Ruislip (For some reason this store has a lot of size 9/10 stock in)

I pretty much had the shop to myself and the 3 cashiers were far too busy chatting at the front about their holidays to come and have a look at what I was doing.

I tried on about 10 pairs of heels and some flats, (I am into all womens shoes and enjoy wearing womens flats, though they are a lot harder to hide!)

Attached are some pics of the serious contenders for my cash, all size 10

The 5 inch heel stiletto courts were wearable,but a little too tight in the toebox, so not really wearable for long.

The 4 inch black patent stiletto courts were a lot better fit, but too be honest a little too "Shiny" for my liking

And the pair that I really liked were the black and beige wedge sandals, these were the highest that I tried on in store, but were totally comfortable and easy to walk in, I walked from one end of the shop to the other in these, I had an audience for this of a foreign (Polish??) young woman with a baby in a buggy, she had watched me put them on, smiled and watched as I walked up and down in them. I think she was very amused to see me trying them on......

I decided not to purchase any items on this visit and made my way to Watford, i changed into my Evans blockheel boots for this drive (Which was not the best idea but hey ho)

Details will follow shortly

post-861-0-90473900-1364400628_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-76025600-1364400642_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-68044300-1364400659_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-64125600-1364400671_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-47152000-1364400684_thumb.jpg

Well onto the trip to Watford, uneventful drive, though the boots are not ideal for driving in..

I parked up in the Harlequin centre's multi story carpark, and made my way down to the shops, I had deliberately come early to avoid the school kids finishing time and found that they had been released early today, the centre was crowded with groups of 4/5 kids in uniform! Not my favourite heeling venue but as I was there I carried on.

My first stop was New Look, but today slim pickings here, And this was to be the theme of the afternoon... I had a good wander around and visited Primark (Same courts I had already seen in Slough), BHS, Aldo,Office, Schuh, River Island, Mango, Dune

There was not a fantastic selection anywhere, John Lewis particularly poor... I had to laugh at a group of young girls ogling the courts in New Look with no chance of buying them (Cost) one was trying a pair on and had picked the highest stilettos she could find (No photo for obvious reasons). All her friends were egging her on to get them for a forthcoming party.. Hopefully she had the sense not to buy them until she was a little more practised(I could do a lot better)

So it was off home in my heels... Having run the gauntlet of schoolkids without being spotted!

I have finally found a superb pair of black patent stilettos..... Having looked in Watford,Slough, Wycombe.... I finally found a size 9 pair in Dorothy Perkins Uxbridge... Will hopefully have some more pics up shortly ... Theyre a bit tight, but wearable!

post-861-0-81852800-1364571864_thumb.jpg

A good looking shoe there Heelman, hope to see the promised pictures soon. How are they to walk in etc. also has to be shared :-)

They are still a little bit tight in the toe box, due to the patent material, though unlike some courts the fully fit my foot and are quite easy to walk in.

I have only had a wander around the house so far, but seem easier to walk in than those Evans block heels boots I bought the other day!

I think that the shape of the shoe is well made allowing for an upright posture, I will see if FastFreddy can get some pics if these in public, when we meet up next week... Though they are definitely NOT for discreet heeling. There is no doubt that I would be spotted in these!

At £17 in the DP sale, I think the price was right, they are better quality than some of the more expensive New Look offerings! Hopefully these will give a little in the toe and then they should make for an excellent pair of "In your face" heels !!

post-861-0-69996100-1364577916_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-68216800-1364577926_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-27647400-1364577937_thumb.jpg

Yep, those should get you noticed, but they do look great. Brave move to be wearing them out, much braver than I would be.

Yep, those should get you noticed, but they do look great. Brave move to be wearing them out, much braver than I would be.

I shall wear them out, but it's got to be a real careful choice of venue... I shall obviously let you all know how it goes.

To be perfectly honest these were bought really as keep at home heels and will probably see very limited public use!

I will see if FastFreddy can get some pics if these in public, when we meet up next week... Though they are definitely NOT for discreet heeling. There is no doubt that I would be spotted in these!

I have a very long lens somewhere. I'll get a picture alright, but I might be taking it from the next town .... ;):P:D

• Like 1

Patent shoes don't stretch much. I had some really nice patent shoes, but gave them to my sister as they were too tight. I went and tried the bigger size but they were too big.

Edited by hh4evr1

Patent shoes don't stretch much. I had some really nice patent shoes, but gave them to my sister as they were too tight. I went and tried the bigger size but they were too big.

Yep I have the distinct feeling that there is not going to be a massive amount of give in them, They are just the right size, just a tad tight on the toes.

I have a very long lens somewhere. I'll get a picture alright, but I might be taking it from the next town .... ;)/> :P/> :D/>

I am sure you'll manage..... Though they won't be on my feet for long I suspect, I really do not want that much attention!

Oooops..... Went out to get a McDonald's just now and thought I would wear my heeled boots as I hadn't been planning any heeling today.

Surprisingly not very busy, so I parked up and walked in, got served and as I was about to sit down, the girl serving says "Nice boots, are those mens or womens" "Oh theyre from Evans, because they do my size" I reply, "Oh well they look ok, your brave" "Thanks"

It was then I realised I was wearing my straight leg jeans, (Yesterdays stiletto pic) which cover most of the heel, but still clearly show that I am wearing heels!

My foods on a tray, so I can't see an easy way to retreat, so I sit down and eat my meal, with lots of glances from the girl who served me and one or two of the other servers.

I didn't hang around long but it was an interesting if slight scary experience....

My foods on a tray, so I can't see an easy way to retreat, so I sit down and eat my meal, with lots of glances from the girl who served me and one or two of the other servers.

I didn't hang around long but it was an interesting if slight scary experience....

He who dares, wins eats! :P:D

• Like 1

He who dares, wins eats! :P/> :D/>

It certainly wasn't planned to be he who dares! Totally forgot about the jeans, because I changed into my boots sat in the car!

Totally forgot about the jeans, because I changed into my boots sat in the car!

I dunno, suggests age-related forgetfulness?

Are you sure you're not older than you claim? ;):P:D

I dunno, suggests age-related forgetfulness?

Are you sure you're not older than you claim? ;)/> :P/> :D/>

Quite sure Freddy !

Too much heeling in the last week made me complacent!