Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

New Boots And Heels I Want

Attached should be a picture of the ankle boots that I bought today from New Look, I had a good day out in these and are they are everyday wear heels...

The heels are 4 inch stilettos which are currently in ASDA, they didnt have any in our local store, so I am going to have a scout around down here and see if I can find a pair. Yes I know that they are not everyday wear around town shoes!!

post-861-0-68689700-1364066436_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-02785200-1364066457_thumb.jpg

Like the boots. I nearly got a pair recently, but they didn't have my size.

I'm not so keen on the platforms ( they look ok, but I wouldn't get a pair), but if you like them then thats what matters.

Edited by hh4evr1

The boots are spot on, and I am having serious thoughts about the platforms.

On the plus side I really like this style of shoe.

On the negative.... They are obvious, hard to hide these and consequently I wouldn't get that much wear out of them.

I don't know, if I see a pair in my size and they fit well.... I have a feeling I will end up with a pair!

The boots are spot on, and I am having serious thoughts about the platforms.

On the plus side I really like this style of shoe.

On the negative.... They are obvious, hard to hide these and consequently I wouldn't get that much wear out of them.

I don't know, if I see a pair in my size and they fit well.... I have a feeling I will end up with a pair!

100% agree with every remark. B)

And I still buy shoes, just because I like the look and feel of them .... ;) I'll never wear some of them, but ... :D

I'm dead jealous you've had such a good weekend out shoe shopping. ;):P:D Bet I'm not the only one either! B)

Those 4" matt courts (from Primarni?) are a very good choice. Good price too!

Sounds like you had a good outing and brought some nice shoes.

You will soon be needing some 4 1/2 inch heels

I'm dead jealous you've had such a good weekend out shoe shopping. ;)/> :P/> :D/> Bet I'm not the only one either! B)/>

Those 4" matt courts (from Primarni?) are a very good choice. Good price too!

Indeed Freddy, it looks like Primarni have woken up to the fact that there is a market for larger size shoes. The High Wycombe store usually has a range of 6-8 different styles in a size 9, whereas some of the others only have 1 or 2

That said the quality of the heels for £10 is as good as you would pay £20 to £40 in Barratts or Brantanos.

I have found out that Barratts are dropping the size 9 and 10 from all their stores and you will only be able to buy online! This is a backward step in my opinion as for a company just emerging from liquidation you think that they would want to push all sizes!

Well I've got new heels and now I have the "Urge" to wear them all the time; looks like tomorrow might be interesting!

I have got to get Mum's shopping at Sainsbury's as well as visiting the bank and some other shops in town, so I am planning the whole expedition in heels. I have to park in Ssinsbury's (Because it is free) and then walk down through the main shopping centre to my bank.

I am not expecting to be spotted but you never know, this is my home town.

I had my brown army style ankle boots with a 3 1/2 inch block heel on today, I only got to go to the Doctors surgery and the chemists in them. (Freddy they are the brown version of those black ones you last saw me in London in)

I will let you all know how it goes......

I'm still building up to a few drinks in the pub in heels... Might be ok in one of the village pubs rather than my local, because the landlady there WILL notice AND comment if I am wearing heels...

Well I've got new heels and now I have the "Urge" to wear them all the time; looks like tomorrow might be interesting!

I will let you all know how it goes......

I'm still building up to a few drinks in the pub in heels... Might be ok in one of the village pubs rather than my local, because the landlady there WILL notice AND comment if I am wearing heels...

Well, if your new avatar is your new heels, I don't blame you for not wanting to take them off! :P

And yes, she would notice, and I wouldn't blame her for commenting. (Hopefully on your good taste? :D )

Unfortunately my avatar is not my new heels, but am on the hunt for a pair this weekend! Will see how I get on, my problem is the size!

We will see! If I get a pair I shall be looking for a photographer to take some pics

Unfortunately my avatar is not my new heels, but am on the hunt for a pair this weekend! Will see how I get on, my problem is the size!

I was going to suggest the www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk which is a store for the larger sized foot, but their selection is as bad as their parent company, Barratts.

Several companies in the US will make the sort of shoe you are after in US11 and US12. The on-line auction site might also have some imported by a reseller in bulk, for sale in the UK? I have seen them, but they move quickly.

We will see! If I get a pair I shall be looking for a photographer to take some pics

Hopefully, I have that job. ;):D

I think that banana shoes may have a pair that I might like, though their prices are high as they are in a niche market.

Next will probably be the place to find what I am looking for as a lot of their styles go up to size 43 and some even in a wide

I haven't bought-and-kept from Banana Shoes, but I did try to buy 2 pairs that turned out to not fit very well. [They were court shoes I couldn't keep on my feet.] Banana Shoes were happy to exchange or refund, no bother at all. Their overall service level was excellent, and I would recommend them.

Because they provide such an exemplary service, it has to be paid for. [it's not a business badly run on no budget. It's a professional outfit, and they keep going by making a profit, and quite right they do.] Several other businesses trying to make headway by selling almost at cost, have floundered and expired. Makes any warranty or product support worthless.

NEXT is a good choice. AFAIK they still have a reputation for good quality, unlike M+S. They have a larger range on-line, though I haven't always found it the easiest to navigate.

I had thought New Look were expanding their size range too, though I might be mistaken. Taller, heavier young girls have larger feet, so I'm really surprised a high street retailer hasn't gone after that market. Why wouldn't you? It's not like it's an over-crowded segment. And if anyone believed there was little call for a UK9, try buying one in an attractive style that was available in a UK9 .....

Topshop advertise a UK9, but these usually come up very small, and I believe they are actually a UK 8. Not sure if ASOS are worth a look? Their sizing is a bit hit-and-miss anyway, but sometimes they'll err on the large size which could be a pleasant surprise.

Happy hunting. ;):P:D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Well this morning was a shopping expedition to Sainsbury's and to do some banking, the whole trip undertaken wearing my black Newlook block herls boots. I had no problems wearing them or being spotted in them. I am pretty sure that I wasn't spotted and I felt relaxed and comfortable in them.

After Lunch I had a trip to Westfield White City, as I was looking for a pair of heels similar to my avatar. I started out in trainers as I wanted to wear my purchase out of the store.

I parked up in the Next section, and wandered up to Next as they have some really nice heels, but alas none in my size, so it was a quick wander over to Evans as they had their sale still on, not expecting a lot, I was pleasantly surprised to find a good selection of high leg, ankle boots, flats and heels on sale....

I found the size 9 Eee fit ankle boots as pictured, and tried them on to find a perfect fit, the sales staff were decidely offish when serving me, the one who brought the boots out couldn't get away quick enough, though the younger lass on the till was more friendly though it was probably her first man buying heels in The store! Being the show off the I am, I declined the box and told her I would wear them now, so she gave me a bag for my trainers.

I really think that I gave got past the stage of caring what people think or say!

I left the store and carried on my wander around Westfield, I have the distinct feeling that as these boots had a 4inch heel, they were somewhat more visible as I was walking! I got a few strange looks at times and I think a couple of the sales girls on the concourse noticed and had a laugh, but no one said anything to my face.

I had a close call in House of Fraser as the down escaltor was not working and Zi had to walk down. However, one of the managers was trying to sort it out and was bent down as I got to the bottom and got a full view of my boots, but again it didn't even seem to register.

I had a try on of seversl pairs in New Look and found a size 10 (44) pair of studded black stilettos in Deichmann which I also tried on, I almost bought these as the were only £14.99 but the quality wasn't fantastic

post-861-0-89029400-1364316165_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-86710100-1364316191_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-62731700-1364316214_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-70075400-1364316231_thumb.jpg

Continued from above...

You will see I tried to get some pics of me wearing my boots in the store mirrors, They haven't come out as good as I had hoped. The really dark pic is me with my Evans heeled boots on my right foot and the Deichmann stilettos on my left

I have also posted a snap of the Stilettos.

Despite a visit to pretty much every shoe store, there was only one photo opportunity of a girl in Debenhams trying on a pair if black stiletto boots, but by the time I got in posiyion she had nearly got them off.

I had a talk with the manager of Barratts about why there were no size 9/10 ladies shoes in store any more, and she was very open and understanding and said that it is all to do with the restructuring of the company and that a lot of the managers had asked for the larger sizes to go back in store. Quote "because where else are guy's that like to wear heels going to buy them"

The shop was empty at this point and she was aware of what I was wearing and we had a 5 min chat about men who like heels, she said that they used to sell a lot of the larger sizes to guys, but it was very rare to find a guy actually wearing a pair, she assumed that most men just dont have the guts to wear them in public. She had seen the pair I wanted and asked if I would wear them at Westfield and I told her if you had my size I would have worn them out of the store. Surprisingly she was not what I had expected as a store manager with such an open minded attitude, she was in her 40's and would normally have been the last person I would have spoken to

So keep your fingers crossed that Barratts bring back Big Shoe Boutique to their stores

I found the size 9 Eee fit ankle boots as pictured, and tried them on to find a perfect fit, the sales staff were decidely offish when serving me, the one who brought the boots out couldn't get away quick enough, though the younger lass on the till was more friendly though it was probably her first man buying heels in The store! Being the show off the I am, I declined the box and told her I would wear them now, so she gave me a bag for my trainers.

I had a close call in House of Fraser as the down escaltor was not working and Zi had to walk down. However, one of the managers was trying to sort it out and was bent down as I got to the bottom and got a full view of my boots, but again it didn't even seem to register.

I'm surprised at Evans. I've heard many men mention they bought their first or only heels from them? [Larger/wider sizes, obviously.] Sexual discrimination is illegal in this country, perhaps their head office needs a reminder? :P

Conversely, I'm not surprised with HoF, especially the White City branch. I took two pairs back after the usual 28 day allowance for returns. To achieve that, I needed to speak to a Departmental Manager on the phone, and I also saw him when I went back to the store. They were womens shoes, and it was always the case they had been purchased for my use. The Manager (literally) couldn't have been more helpful, and I've had similar good service from the same departments in something like 5 or 6 other stores.

You did well a Barratts. ;)

Doesn't at all sound like she took a shine to you. ;):P:D

I think in the case of Evans, one didnt know what to think and hopefully I have given her a positive first sale of shoes to a man, though the other should have known better, but it's her loss not mine... The Evans in High Wycombe were totally different and very friendly.

The barratts manager was very friendly now I reflect on it, but it was probably just a quiet afternoon and I was a convienient escape from boredom! That said she had a positive attitude to men in heels, and lets not forget this is a lesson to all of us, these senior staff have probably been selling shoes for years and will be well aware of the numbers of heels that are actually sold to men.. I think the figures would surprise us all.

I think we might find that this is the case in a lot of stores that sell man size womens shoes.

The number of positive experiences in stores far outweighs the stores where the service falls short of that which is acceptable.

It was good to get that info from Barratts and I will be emailing head office to encourage them to push Big Shoe Boutique into the stores

Those Evans boots look great Heelman500. I kept looking at a pair in Evans a while back but never managed to have the funds when the size was still in stock. Good to hear about the managers openness at Barrats too. A little envious of those boots though :-)

Just watched the first half and I am extremely pleased to report that I received NO adverse comments/looksor any general unpleasantness, for 30 mins before the match I was in deep discussion with the barman about the match.

My confidence is at an all time high, I know that anything can happen, but realisation has dawned that discreet heeling is get awayable wirh (If that makes any sense).

I really hope that this will give confidence to those that are wary wearing heels out in public:

Do not worry..... If you act normally, really people (they may notice) will not react!

Just to see what happened I wore them in and out of the house and told Mum they were Men's Cuban heel boots..... See actually believed it!!

post-861-0-22481100-1364332380_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-58372200-1364332393_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-32572600-1364332404_thumb.jpg

Well chaps I am in the 4 inch Evans heels purchased today... In the local pub watching the footy! Wish me luck lol

I hope the drink didn't get you wobbly on those heels. ;):P:D