Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Random thoughts about high heels

I don,t wear heels as much as I use to.  I used to come home from work and put a pair on and wear them all evening. These days I start watching TV and fall asleep so I take them off so I don,t ruin my sofa. Most evenings I don,t wear heels at all.

Over the last 2 years I must of only bought 3 pairs. One pair was lost in the post and another pair I returned. Problem I have is Ebay has gone down hill over the few years. i Just cant seem to find anything I like in a size uk9. Truth is I,m not sure If I got my settings to tight and  Im not seeing some heels. I want to see high heels so I have my settings to see only high heels. I dont want to go through 1,000s of flat shoes.

There some new online site such as Wish. I do like some heels for sell on that site so I might risk buying a pair if they are cheep enough.

Ive been going through my large collection of high  heels. Just to see what I can wear. I got about 4 pairs that I cant wear for long. Should try to sell them.

It could possibly be that you've just grown accustomed to the idea that you can, and do, wear heels and so the imperative to do so isn't there any more.

I like wearing heels but its never been an obsession, let alone a fetish, but rather a fashion choice - one that was aesthetically pleasing, but had an element of daring and the forbidden to it that gave it added cachet. My tastes in heels were always fairly understated - blocky heeled ankle boots being a favourite; boots which felt more like sportier more daring versions of the hiking boots which have been a mainstay all my life.

I've never been into shoes of any sort - other than cycling shoes and a few pair of colourful Converse hi-top, I don't own any. I've always preferred boots, and for most of my life that meant hiking boots. I secretly fancied a pair of high-heeled ankle boots, and knee boots (either with or without heels) and every autumn when the boot fashions would appear in the shop windows would feel a certain resentment that as a guy I was not allowed. Until finally one day I decided life was too short and bought myself pair. I've several pair now - with and without heels. I'm quite happy with that and wear them as I would anything else, casually without a lot of thinking or self-consciousness.

Again, none of my boots or heels are extreme in the least, but ordinary wear, and that is how, increasingly, I come to view them.

Edited by Shyheels