Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Random thoughts about high heels

I don,t wear heels as much as I use to.  I used to come home from work and put a pair on and wear them all evening. These days I start watching TV and fall asleep so I take them off so I don,t ruin my sofa. Most evenings I don,t wear heels at all.

Over the last 2 years I must of only bought 3 pairs. One pair was lost in the post and another pair I returned. Problem I have is Ebay has gone down hill over the few years. i Just cant seem to find anything I like in a size uk9. Truth is I,m not sure If I got my settings to tight and  Im not seeing some heels. I want to see high heels so I have my settings to see only high heels. I dont want to go through 1,000s of flat shoes.

There some new online site such as Wish. I do like some heels for sell on that site so I might risk buying a pair if they are cheep enough.

Ive been going through my large collection of high  heels. Just to see what I can wear. I got about 4 pairs that I cant wear for long. Should try to sell them.

It could possibly be that you've just grown accustomed to the idea that you can, and do, wear heels and so the imperative to do so isn't there any more.

I like wearing heels but its never been an obsession, let alone a fetish, but rather a fashion choice - one that was aesthetically pleasing, but had an element of daring and the forbidden to it that gave it added cachet. My tastes in heels were always fairly understated - blocky heeled ankle boots being a favourite; boots which felt more like sportier more daring versions of the hiking boots which have been a mainstay all my life.

I've never been into shoes of any sort - other than cycling shoes and a few pair of colourful Converse hi-top, I don't own any. I've always preferred boots, and for most of my life that meant hiking boots. I secretly fancied a pair of high-heeled ankle boots, and knee boots (either with or without heels) and every autumn when the boot fashions would appear in the shop windows would feel a certain resentment that as a guy I was not allowed. Until finally one day I decided life was too short and bought myself pair. I've several pair now - with and without heels. I'm quite happy with that and wear them as I would anything else, casually without a lot of thinking or self-consciousness.

Again, none of my boots or heels are extreme in the least, but ordinary wear, and that is how, increasingly, I come to view them.

Edited by Shyheels

Hi. First post on here..

I have always had an obsession with heels from a very young age, I’ve always been drawn to the Classier Stiletto style courts from designer brands etc And did build a sizeable collection of Really nice shoes... I have had a few girlfriends who loved wearing heels, and even didn’t mind me wearing them in their company for “fun” and relaxing times round the house etc.... my current wife does wear heels occasionally, but mainly to go out to functions etc, not really for my pleasure anymore which she did often...and did wear them for me while we just sat and watched TV, with her shoe clad feet on my lap.. allowing me to massage her feet and shoes.. Ah..such bliss that was...sadly not anymore, because a few years back..she found out about my secret collection and my online forums / images etc and freaked out... so it’s not really spoken about anymore... most of my collection has had to go, but I still have a couple left... but as we have the size feet... I still have the opportunity to wear hers..“Occasionally ”

although .. like the previous post.. I think I have changed ... and my desire to wear them has dwindled over the years..maybe because I was”caught” or maybe it’s because the excitement of having the secret has now gone? Who knows.... Now I just get pleasure from looking at the hot CL. wearing chicks online... 

As for wearing them again... not sure....But never say never...

I have had an interest in wearing a heel, for almost (but not quite) as long as I can remember. As I have mentioned before, my initial experience was wearing my mothers shoes which were mules with a modest heel, a type of shoe that was popular back then. I really enjoyed (or was drawn to) the flip-flap sound of mules as the heeled part of the shoe lightly slapped the heel of the wearer as they walked. I got the chance to try a pair of my mothers to see if they made the same flip-flap noise on my feet, and the same effect wearing those had on me, lasted for many years whenever I wore a heel.

Just to avoid any errors from preconceptions, while there might have been some initial sexual context to the "effect", apart from one quite notable exception, my interest in wearing a heel did not involve sex. I had always worn them during social activity, and always while with my then girlfriend. 

Having had quite a long break from wearing a heel, I returned to them in earnest some 12 years ago. I'll admit to going a bit 'stir-crazy' having returned to once again enjoying what has been pretty much, a life-long interest. While the opportunity for social activity (nightclubs) with me in a heel had dwindled, I found walking distances in a heel (miles) was fantastic exercise, and the joy of hearing a heel while I walked -often with a friend- was great encouragement for continuing with that form of exercise.

Not long after, I worked up the confidence to wear a heel in public, and in daylight. Many of those outings have been reported here. 

2020, started as usual with cold weather, which certainly kept me more housebound than not. I'm not great out in the cold. Pretty early into the year, rumours of a nasty virus, a nasty deadly virus became increasingly public. By February, it was no longer a rumour. By the end of February the new rumour included the word 'pandemic'. By mid-March, it was here and we were in trouble.

Skip forward 9 months, and in practical terms, not much seems to have changed regarding the threat. It's still here, it's still killing people. What has changed, is that social activity has almost completely stopped. That I believe, has had an unseen effect on most of us, if not all of us. As we have been put into something that is little better than house arrest, I think our interests, and to a degree our emotions, have also had to be curtailed. 9 months of emotional repression and physical restraint has got to have affected us in other ways, and none of it positive. 

Living in a repressive situation for 2-3 months is probably tolerable for almost everyone except the most sensitive amongst us. Kept in that situation for 9 months, what was expected to be temporary lifestyle changes, could become or seem like they have become - permanent. That has got to affect how we behave. Someone switched off the light at the end of the tunnel..... "Fun" as we knew it, has largely been removed from our lives. (Or at least the opportunities for fun has been removed.) 

My interest in wearing a heel has dwindled during these times. The interest hasn't gone, but like the rest of my 'usual' life, it has been repressed - and it's beginning to make me unhappy. A symptom of that unhappiness of course, is the lack of enthusiasm for things I enjoy, because I can't enjoy them. It's not healthy, to want something you can't have - is it? :( 

Some interesting thoughts, Freddy, and I'm sure they resonate with many of us, myself included.

Yes, mules (or loose slingbacks) are fun to wear - the slapping effect and noise as one walks gives a casual effect but needs an element of skill if a trip or a lost sandal is not to result.   The ubiquitous flip-flops aside, there are a number of men's as well as women's styles which can be enjoyed thus.

You say that your 'interest' in heels has dwindled (because of the pandemic restricting wearing opportunity) but is still latent.   We can all understand that, if only because most activity outside the home has been made difficult if not impossible.   Does continuing indoor activity (whether solitary or in accepting company) compensate?   Probably not, although for some it has has always been the only or principal means of enjoying our 'interest'.   Perhaps ironically, my own outdoor heeling activity  has increased in recent months from the negligible to the fairly regular - all courtesy of my very wearable 'Recite' boots (as recounted elsewhere) which are easy and comfortable to wear safely and confidently during local shopping trips.   The anonymity of a mask is not unhelpful, but not essential either.   But whether there will be 'further steps' remains to be seen ...

You ask if it is healthy to want something one cannot have.   I would say' yes' - unless the craving becomes an obsession.   Human beings with normal thought processes and desires invariably do want something extra, something new or something that requires effort to achieve - and will strive to obtain it.   Think of that better house, new car, new job (or gaining a partner or children!) and how it may be secured.   But keep the means, the timescale and (however measured) the cost firmly in mind and don't allow pie-in-the-sky (or heels-in-the-sky!) to dominate your existence and threaten what you already have, or will reasonably have - including your sanity.   Above all, recognise that one cannot turn the clock back and what might have been attainable by someone 20 years younger - or during the world of 20 years ago - may now be unrealistic if not impossible. 

I think there's a big difference between; realistic aspirational motivation, and wanting something you know you can't have. Unrealistic "craving" on any level, is probably destructive, and is certainly unhealthy.

Although I don't much enjoy wearing an outdoor shoe while indoors, I have been forced to wear them, by way of attempting to maintain some ability and an attempt to help keep myself sane. These 'sessions' are restricted to when I cook. I'm pretty much walking around a kitchen area, and very close to where I sit and eat. I am the main food preparation operative here, and get the job around 13 times in every 14. I'm also lucky enough to get the washing up chore too. I wear a heel from start, to washing dishes/utensil conclusion. There is usually a sitting respite during the period of at least an hour. I'm only on my feet for around 90 minutes all in. Over a week that means I might wear a heel for longer overall than I might during an outing, but 6 or 7 short sessions are a lot less demanding than one long one.