Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Oooops!

You people be careful out there!

Been there, done most of that ....... >> Clcky <<

Broke the heel on some boots a little over 2 years ago tripping on the stairs (in poor light). It was cold, but I wasn't daft enough -nor would I ever be- to have my hands in my pockets. As it was, I could have broken an arm putting it out in front of me to break my fall, so maybe a broken nose isn't so bad?

Don't have recent figures, [2002] but reported stairway falls run into tens of thousands, with unreported estimates running into hundreds of thousands. Can you be too careful on a stairway?

Can you be too careful on a stairway?

I'd say you can, 'cause the you wouldn't be wearing high heels ;)

But with heels, you should be careful on stairways, slippery surfaces and such. Here in Finland winter is long and sidewalks and yards are covered with ice many months per year so it takes lots of caution to walk in heels. And even after ice is gone, it still takes effort to walk without injuries because before they clean sidewalks off of rubble (little stones and sand they put on icy surfaces to make it less slippery, don't know the word and used online translator) it is slippery after the ice is gone, because then the rubble works as an bearing between you heel and hard surfaces.

I have had a few close calls using stairs whilst wearing heels, fortunately I was holding the handrail.

Edited by hh4evr1

Another act of stupidity perhaps? >> Clicky <<

At best, rather naive surely? :rolleyes:/>

That is sheer stupidity, what on earth did she think was going to happen, but then again having seen an appearance on a TV interview by her I shouldn't really be surprised!

As for stairs, I have to admit that they are the only bit of heeling that I can have problems with... Anthing above 3 1/2 inches and I have to hold on..

I did slip in a ridculous 5inch pair of chelsea boots once on the stairs and managed to slightly twist my kneecap! This had the effect of curtailing my heeling for about 6 months..

But now I am a lot more realistic about the height of heel that I can manage!! Especially in public

The Vorderman story is suspected to be a cover up - she's actually had a nose-job.

Lets face it, no one is stupid enough to walk down stairs with hands in pockets - either wearing heels or not!.

The Vorderman story is suspected to be a cover up - she's actually had a nose-job.

Lets face it, no one is stupid enough to walk down stairs with hands in pockets - either wearing heels or not!.

Nose job? Hadn't noticed the need for one. (Though I seldom trouble to look above her shoulders anyway. :D )

As for people being stupid ....... there are absolutely no boundaries to the stupid-ness some folk can achieve. :blink: Trying to take shoes with (ornamental) guns attached to them through airport scanners, being an obvious example?

I'm sure you've seen the video compilations on You Tube, but if you haven't, type "Fail", and see the results. Here's another one from the D.M. today ...... >> Clicky <<

As with Tara, money and 'sense' don't always travel together .... :rolleyes::D

Edited by FastFreddy2