Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Selling Shoes And Boots

At the rate you rate you are selling these, you won't have any left.

I think I still have 60+ pairs.

Given I take 3 years to wear a pair out ..... I would need several life-times to wear the remainder.

What's worse, I'm still buying shoes ..... :rolleyes: Which reminds me, I need to do some piccies for a couple of reviews. ;)

Another free listing weekend. More to go on sale ..... :o

Some previously listed but unsold styles have been re-listed on the auction site. Another 6 pairs of mine have been added too.

I am surprised at how similar the basic styles are. In fact 3 pairs, are almost identical, though they have completely different materials: 1st pair, completely man-made, but comfortable care of the densely padded footbed. 2nd pair, leather upper with man-made sole, the most expensive of the three and with padded footbed. 3rd, a pair with leather upper and leather sole and when new, still half the price of the second pair..... But no padding in the footbed....

Might need to have a count up of what's left. Not that the newly listed stuff will all sell of course. Think there's 9 pairs on offer at the moment. Even without counting, I know to have over 50 pairs left. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Another pair sold after the bidding stopped.

Seems there's a fella interested in heels, 'somewhere' in North London. Too shy for me to visit, so will have to post to a location 3 miles from one of my usual haunts I'll be visiting this week. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Seems there's a fella interested in heels, 'somewhere' in North London. Too shy for me to visit, so will have to post to a location 3 miles from one of my usual haunts I'll be visiting this week. ;)

Plan "C" ..... face to face meeting at South Mymms services on M25.

Did the deal, and had a loooong chat that nearly got us both paying parking charges, as we stayed right up to the end of the 2 free hour parking limit. (Duh.)

Was an interesting person, with the tastes of a collector. B) I suppose, not unlike myself? :D

Of the 9 pairs on offer this time around, only sold two pairs, and a pair of ladies trousers. I say sold, I'm still waiting for the money for the 2nd pair...... :huh:

Buyers spending on Christmas presents, rather than buying shoes/boots for themselves maybe? That or they are waiting for the January Sales (that experience tells me, now start around the third week in December!) Won't be costing me anything to re-list, so just a case of waiting for the right buyers I suppose.... ;)

P.S.

Need to remind myself to do a new count up. :ph34r:

Edited by FastFreddy2

Money received for the 2nd pair, (so two lots at £34-99 gone) and positive feedback received from the second pair too. B)

Had a quick glance at the shoe store this afternoon. Still looks like a lot there ...... :huh:

Another free weekend on the internet auction site. ;)

Had a bit of a backward step during the week. Spotted some 2009 vintage NEXT knee boots I knew fitted [got two pairs already], and as the seller thought they were PU ..... they were sold for a very good price. B) They're happy, I'm happy. Heel covering on one heel needs re-glueing, but once the heel tip is off (I have spares) that shouldn't be a hard problem to sort out. Nor expensive if I get the local repairer/cobbler to do it for me instead. ;)

Will try to do a piccy. ;)

Another 2 pairs gone. Still LOADs to go. :huh:

Didn't think anything was going to sell this time around. Significantly fewer views, and even less watchers. People saving their pennies for Christmas perhaps? A clue might be how many free listing weekends are being made available.... ;)

Despite the New Year and all the costs it brings ....... (aka credit card bills, end of year utility bills) ...... managed to sell another two pairs of ankle boots. Very pleasant result.

Would be even better, if I wasn't back to buying faster than I'm selling. That said, made some very good purchases recently. B)

Looking to get another negative feedback or even a 'severely not as described' claim. :rolleyes:

Buyer is saying a Carvela EU41 isn't a UK8, which it is. New Look, Topshop, Dune and many more would say EU41 is an 8. Two sellers I know that differ, are Next and Marks, who use EU42 as their UK8.

Obviously, I could offer to take them back, and lose circa £9 (total) in carriage, assuming what I get back is exactly what I sent, and arrives in the condition it was sent. Even with doing that, I can't guarantee I won't get bad feedback anyway.

Usually I check feedback on buyers, but seldom read the feedback they have left. I should have with this one. Of 35 responses (all purchases) 3 Negatives, 1 Neutral, and 1 caustic remark about condition. That's 1 in 7 of their purchases they are unhappy about. If they leave me a bad response, it'll be 1 in 6. Obviously they are a buyer who prefers to be 'unhappy'. Some of their other feedback is weird too. Lots of "Funny", single word responses left?

I'm happy to send a link to anyone interested?

Buyer is saying a Carvela EU41 isn't a UK8, which it is. New Look, Topshop, Dune and many more would say EU41 is an 8. Two sellers I know that differ, are Next and Marks, who use EU42 as their UK8.

I got an email from KG.com late today, and they confirm EU41 is UK8.

Also stumbled across the Very.co.uk site and looking at their Carvela range, the site actually shows EU41=UK8 when choosing sizes.

I may get a red card, but I should be safe on a refund to someone who appears to be trying it on?

I may get a red card, but I should be safe on a refund to someone who appears to be trying it on?

Looks like things worked out okay. :huh:

Not sure what went on there, but I must have produced enough evidence to convince the buyer, they weren't misled. They are still convinced the shoes are a small 8 verging on a 7, but they are plenty big enough for me and I'm a loooooong 8. Don't know too many people with feet as slim as mine though ...... If only they were ½" shorter .... :D

Well ........

Epilogue II to that story ......

Seems my buyer also bid on a 'worn once' pair in brown, a day or two after she bid on the pair I had listed. The used pair were more than a tenner cheaper, but the same size. :o Possibly she didn't want two pairs, and wanted to 'back' the more expensive ones?.

The brass (cheek) of some folk! :D

Listed another couple of pairs of boots over the weekend on that well known auction site. Added them to the two unsold pairs I'm struggling to sell, and a couple of other bits I'm trying to move on. Listed some of the excess from the (womens) jeans and trouser collection too....

Taking pictures takes time. Editing them (cropping, resizing) takes time. Completing the listing procedure, being creative with the descriptions for example and editing out any errors, takes time. But once it's done, it's done.

I'm not very optimistic .... Sales are slowing, and I don't necessarily mean just mine. Items I have watched, like shoes, don't seem to be selling as quickly as they were even two months ago. Some consideration has to be given to it being the end of the boot wearing season, with Spring officially arriving in just over a week. But most of the UK has seen sight of snow over the weekend, and most of us experiencing sub zero temperatures too.

On the up-side, there's very little left I should sell on. B) Looking at the size of the residual collection, I'm sure there must be more styles to go. :( Fortunately, Mrs Freddy isn't in charge of this project. ;)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Looks like I sold the Renzi boots I'd acquired that were too large for me. On balance, an Italian 42 is a very large EU42 verging on an actual EU43 ..... ?

As a reminder ...... post-40-0-40939500-1363648895_thumb.jpg

Lost a little bit of money, but not as much as I might have if I had worn them and then tried to sell them on. Sadly, even with socks (yeuk) they were too big for me. Not that I could walk in them, as they had a 6 inch heel, that felt like a 6 inch heel!

"The heel is too high" said I.

"I didn't think that was possible?" replied Mrs Freddy.

As I reminded her, if I can't wear them out, they have to go. And I definitely can't walk at all convincingly is a 6 inch heel.....

Sold some other bits though, including a pair of jeans I'd been trying to sell for some time. Practically gave them away, though not quite. ;)

Things are getting hard here in UK PLC. And are expected to get much, much, harder. :(

Still, costing me nothing if I don't sell ...... :)

Edited by FastFreddy2

Looks like I sold the Renzi boots I'd acquired that were too large for me. On balance, an Italian 42 is a very large EU42 verging on an actual EU43 ..... ?

As a reminder ...... post-40-0-40939500-1363648895_thumb.jpg

Lost a little bit of money, but not as much as I might have if I had worn them and then tried to sell them on. Sadly, even with socks (yeuk) they were too big for me. Not that I could walk in them, as they had a 6 inch heel, that felt like a 6 inch heel!

"The heel is too high" said I.

"I didn't think that was possible?" replied Mrs Freddy.

As I reminded her, if I can't wear them out, they have to go. And I definitely can't walk at all convincingly is a 6 inch heel.....

Sold some other bits though, including a pair of jeans I'd been trying to sell for some time. Practically gave them away, though not quite. ;)/>

Things are getting hard here in UK PLC. And are expected to get much, much, harder. :(/>

Still, costing me nothing if I don't sell ...... :)/>

Verging on an EU43 would almost be in my realm.... Though looking at that 6 inch heel... They would also fall into my cant walk convincingly in them category!

Verging on an EU43 would almost be in my realm.... Though looking at that 6 inch heel... They would also fall into my cant walk convincingly in them category!

Ahhhh!

These would have fitted:

post-40-0-54217000-1364598737_thumb.jpgpost-40-0-18806400-1364598739_thumb.jpg Not street wear though. ;)

Can't remember if I was wearing them or Mrs Freddy was (for photo's to put in the auction), but she said at the time; "Shame they are the wrong size."

I don't think they went for big money either.

Didn't sell ANY shoes this time around. Some other bits went, but no shoes.

Due to a Mrs Freddy clearout, I've many more to sell at a UK6. Some used/some new, but carriage could now be a problem. If a bidder is buying a brand new shoe or boot, spending £5 on carriage might be acceptable. Not attractive, but acceptable. Before April 2nd, Royal Mail would take up to 800g (if I remember) for £3-15 with a signature on receipt. It's now £3-70 for the same service, but with a size restriction of 80mm in depth or thickness. One of her shoes I measured was 100mm wide. :rolleyes:

The nearest/next identical service is MyHermes at £4-32, then Collect Plus at £4-99 but no signature.

History suggests a used shoe, might struggle to make £5, and new make somewhere between £10 and £15. I just can't imagine anyone spending £5 on a shoe and £5 on carriage. Looks like it's MyHermes at £3-30 and no signature..... :(

I've already got some pencilled in for the charity shop, but they close early ... :wacko:

Escaped the selling drought again.

Sold some trousers, and a pair of ankle boots at a price that means I've almost given them away. One less pair anyway. Had a someone ask me to relist a second pair with a Buy-It-Now immediately the auction had ended, but my challenge of 'if you are serious send £1 to cover relisting fees', had the proposal fall over. I've already had money wasted with one tyre-kicker asking the same thing, who didn't then bid on the item, so I was (understandably) reluctant to oblige the same request.

Still waiting to get payment for a couple of bits, but yet to see a non-payment, though one of the bidders has some history of this.

This is all more evidence of money getting tighter. :(

Well......

Mrs Freddy concluded her most recent 'cull' of her shoe collection. I've already taken circa 10 pairs to either the recycling or charity shop, with another 8 or so pairs to go on an auction site.

Although she has a reasonable quantity of flat sandals and pumps (she has a thing for Sketchers), her shoe wardrobe has been reduced to 60 pairs. B) Well over a half of that number have a high heel. There are at least 10 pairs that are unworn.

Last night she remarked; "Less than your collection." Which I immediately suggested wasn't true, knowing it was. :huh:

I'm hoping to find buyers on the auction site. Mrs Freddy is moving on a fair number of 'worn once' sandals that might be easier to sell than my usual ankle boot style. Postage price increases won't be helping though. :rolleyes:

Another 'free' weekend for auction style listings on the well known auction site. Hopefully I'll get a few of Mrs Freddy's shoes listed and sold. We both tend to keep our shoes in their original boxes if they come with them, so charity donations or selling them off, usually frees up quite a bit of space.

Looks like the one pair of shoe boots I sold last weekend (at £3-49) have attracted a non-payer with some previous non-payment history. This will be his 3rd non-paid bid I can see, inside a 12 month period. I've given him 2 opportunities to 'void'/cancel his bid, but I've nothing back, which is also a symptom of his previous non-payment history. Oddly, other feedback suggests quick payment and good comms? Weird? To get us both out of this situation, he only had to confirm a bidding "mistake" and we could cancel the sale. Instead we've both got to suffer an Ebay dispute case ....... :rolleyes:

The non-payer, didn't pay, despite the intervention of the auction site 'management'. :rolleyes: Wonder why people do this, and wonder why/how the jerk gets away with it? [Rather than have his/her membership withdrawn.... ]

Not sure I've mentioned it yet, but had a fella contact me immediately after the auction last time, asking me to relist some shoes at a fixed price I would sell them for. Suspecting another time-waster, I said I would relist if he sent £1 to my payment account to cover my listing fees. A day later I got a rather curt message asking if I'd relisted the shoes as he'd paid the £1. I did a screen shot of my account showing he'd not sent anything. Unsurprisingly, I've not heard back since. :rolleyes:

Didn't get the other shoes on last weekend after all, so maybe next weekend. Thought this week might finally produce the complete selling drought I've been expecting for a while, but it looks like I have someone bid on a non-shoe item. I maybe need to get my act together, and get all my prospective images edited up ready for the next free listing weekend.

Spent some time at the shops this week, they weren't very busy. Folk will have their quarterly post-Christmas bills to contend with, and maybe holidays to pay for, so money is thin on the ground. Almost no "sale" stuff around I could see, and few people want to pay the full sticker price these days. Things are slow.

One of the places I went to was Brent Cross, a favoured mall. I've seen shops close there, usually when the brand expires, but the shops are quickly let. Not at the moment. I've never seen it there before, but there are two empty lets, and even worse they are next to each other. Hopefully some brands will pick up the empty premises soon. I spoke to one of the exiting brand staff before they went, and word was the shop wasn't making enough to cover the rent. :huh: The store next to them were part of a large greeting card group, that went to the wall. No need for further explanation there.

Given this continuing situation, I can't pretend to be overly surprised my auction sales are dwindling. :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

Bit of a saga, but definitely a Truth Stranger Than Fiction Story ..... ;):D

Looking to get another negative feedback or even a 'severely not as described' claim. :rolleyes:

Obviously, I could offer to take them back, and lose circa £9 (total) in carriage, assuming what I get back is exactly what I sent, and arrives in the condition it was sent. Even with doing that, I can't guarantee I won't get bad feedback anyway.

Usually I check feedback on buyers, but seldom read the feedback they have left. I should have with this one. Of 35 responses (all purchases) 3 Negatives, 1 Neutral, and 1 caustic remark about condition. That's 1 in 7 of their purchases they are unhappy about. If they leave me a bad response, it'll be 1 in 6. Obviously they are a buyer who prefers to be 'unhappy'. Some of their other feedback is weird too. Lots of "Funny", single word responses left?

I'm happy to send a link to anyone interested?

I got an email from KG.com late today, and they confirm EU41 is UK8.[Edit: "KG" own the Carvela brand.]

Also stumbled across the Very.co.uk site and looking at their Carvela range, the site actually shows EU41=UK8 when choosing sizes.

Well ........

Epilogue II to that story ......

Seems my buyer also bid on a 'worn once' pair in brown, a day or two after she bid on the pair I had listed. The used pair were more than a tenner cheaper, but the same size. :o Possibly she didn't want two pairs, and wanted to 'back' the more expensive ones?.

The brass (cheek) of some folk! :D

Not sure I've mentioned it yet, but had a fella contact me immediately after the auction last time, asking me to relist some shoes at a fixed price I would sell them for. Suspecting another time-waster, I said I would relist if he sent £1 to my payment account to cover my listing fees. A day later I got a rather curt message asking if I'd relisted the shoes as he'd paid the £1. I did a screen shot of my account showing he'd not sent anything. Unsurprisingly, I've not heard back since. :rolleyes:

The £1 to cover the early relisting never arrived. I eventually re-listed the boots anyway, when the aucton site gave me free listings. Sadly they didn't sell, but I'm having a bit of a sales drought anyway. Disappointing but ......

So imagine my surprise when:

1. An identical pair of the Carvela's I'm selling, sold for MORE than I listed mine at.

2. They were sold by the girl who had bought hers from me. [Who argued the makers didn't size them correctly.] And who then used MY photo's to sell them! :o

3. Her buyer was the same fella who wanted me to re-list my pair immediately, and bid for her pair (that I had sold her in the first place), paying more than it would have cost to get them from me?

I have 5 star ratings, by the way. My Description rating did take a dive when 'missy' who bought the Carvela's, gave me a 1 out of 5 rating, despite her knowing Carvela confirmed my description was accurate. :rolleyes:

Funny little world ........

Her listing - for reference.

post-40-0-74479700-1367984852_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

Some may remember my Red Card last year when I sold something believing it to be made of leather, when in fact it was made of Enviro(plastic) ~ aka man made materials for those amongst us who don't agree with using animal skins for fashion or clothing.

Well, the Red Card expired today, so I'm back with a 100% feedback record. [Although the Red Card is still on record if you dig deep enough.]

Not sold any shoes for a while, but haven't put up any of Mrs Freddy's yet either. "Man buying" shoe season must be closed? I've some sandals I need to get listed 'worn once' or unworn by herself, though it's still quite cool here despite us being in summer. Cloudy and breezy is the order of the day, though we've had some sun with a dry period lasting several weeks. Rain is on the way though, and gardeners and farmers have been looking forward to that.

Only sales have been some DIY or computer bits. I guess we get more season in our buying choices?

P.S.

Had contact from another weird buyer......

I have something on sale at a greatly reduced price with a saving of about £100. Fella contacted me mad keen to buy...... Wanted me to change the listing so he could do a Buy-It-Now at an agreed price. We both had to go out for the afternoon, so the deal was going to be done around 8pm. I got back a little later than him and contacted him at 9pm with me ready to make the change he had requested.

His reply .... "Sorry, bought something else earlier."

Time-waster/Tyre-kicker.

Edited by FastFreddy2