Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Would You Still Wear Heels If .....

I've just read one or two updates on the Telling your Partner thread. Seems I may have missed this one as I don't seem to have contributed. :)

There was an intimation somewhere, that someone may have chosen their partner because they wore high heels? It set me wondering ..... :rolleyes:

Not that anyone draws up a list, but there are going to be acceptable, and not acceptable things about girlfriends that become S/O or spouses. I've always favoured girlie girls for example. Those that like a bit of make-up, tend to wear dressier clothes, and of course .... :D Liked wearing heels. Girls who had a similar outlook on dress and style that I had in fact. I've never been a smoker, so usually girlfriends were non-smokers though this wasn't always the case. [Wife used to smoke 3 a day, but gave up of her own accord after about 8 years together.]

I was never going to stay in a relationship with someone who fell out of bed and left the house. I was never going to stay in a relationship with someone who swore more than I did. I was never going to stay in a relationship with a girl who looked more like a boy than I did. I was never going to stay in a relationship with a girl who didn't enjoy wearing heels.

Shallow? Hey-ho. B)

I'm thinking most of those 'values', or enablers for my long standing relationships still hold good today. Sadly, at least two of the women I'm still in contact with, have feet in such poor condition, they'll never walk in heels again. Another one I've recently had contact with (mother of my child) has at least two pairs of Pleasers in her current wardrobe. (One boot style, one shoe style. She has no idea about their 'genre'. Bless her. :D ) Mrs Freddy, has a vast wardrobe of heels. She likes wearing them because she doesn't feel dressed without heels on. Her collection is moving from 'painful to wear for more than 2 hours', to 'wear all day' styles. [Mostly due to Messrs Kurt Geiger and one of his less expensive sisters, Carvela.]

The start-to-current of this period covers 30 years with three of them [one of which is herself]. The last one I've been in contact with for around 22 years and is someone who has endured 2 bunion ops on one foot, one op on the other. It's beginning to become apparent she may have to have a hip replaced sooner rather than later too. The suspicion is, wearing heels for 7 days of the week which led to damaged feet, has in turn led to a poor gait and then hip damage. One of the 30 year girls, has had more ops on her feet than I can remember, and when she returns from a holiday in Turkey over the holiday period, is having them both operated on again. When last we spoke, she could barely walk at all, much less put on heels.

I mention this because.... I frequently see girls in or leaving nightclubs with heels on they can barely walk in. When they leave the clubs, it wouldn't be unusual for them to take their heels off. [i've watched them leave walking like they have permanent injuries, they walk so badly.] I realise that at a young age [18->30], fashion induced pain is not only acceptable, the wife tells me it's practically expected.

So where am I going with this?

We hook up with compatible people. We start a long life together with compatible people. But time and life, wears us out. Some of the things we used to enjoy about our partners, becomes a thing of the past. My thing; tight skirts with high heels, just couldn't be worn by anyone in my sort of age range. They just wouldn't be comfortable wearing figure hugging skirts. Either because they'd feel they were too old for that sort of revealing style, or their figure just wouldn't carry off the finished shape. Heels as I've mentioned, once acceptable forms of personal torture, no longer the case even if a desire still exists to wear them. [i can confirm it still does with all of them.]

The punchline to the post, is am I getting back into wearing heels, because I'm missing having other people around me who for around 20 - 25 years filled my need to have high heels in my everyday life? Am I my own substitute for something that's lacking (and will continue to be lacking) for the rest of my life? Deep eh?

Sure my wife has a lots and lots of heels. Q. Do I get to see her wearing them? A. Not very often. In fact we have a bit of an 'in' joke between us. If I wear heels, she doesn't. Very infrequently will we both wear heels at the same time. I'm assured it's nothing to do with her feeling like we're competing. More to do with the two injuries she's suffered over the past couple of years. One in a Mall where she slid on some rubbish (card) missed by the Mall cleaner. The other was in some snow where she again lost her footing. Both incidents meant painful foot movement for some time afterwards. A less temporary problem, is that she's starting to experience some pain in one of her hips too. [Geriatrics R Us. :D ]

So fellas .... by way of a conclusion .... a question:

If your S/O or spouse wore high heels most of the time, and enjoyed/took an interest in wearing them, would you still want to wear them too?

I'm hoping for written responses if possible, hence no poll. But please, try to make them considered responses. Meaning; try to imagine your life with what might be (should be :o ) your favourite person wearing heels around you most of the time. Certainly whenever she put shoes on anyway. And styles that she was happy you had some input with choosing.

Imagine. Go on, you know you want to ..... :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

Fast Freddy2 said: If your S/O or spouse wore high heels most of the time, and enjoyed/took an interest in wearing them, would you still want to wear them too?

Absolutely YES! That would just make it sexier.

I would still want to wear heels even if my s/o wore them. Would be especially nice if they were ok with me wearing them too and we could wear them together. :rolleyes:

It would be a bonus if my wife wore heels, and I'd still wear them too. Maybe if she enjoyed them she'd understand why I like them too, who knows?

Well to answer your questions needs to address the reason why I want to wear heels myself as well as look at them.

I absolutely adore high heels on women, and there is nothing better than a Friday or Saturday night watching all the ladies out and about in their heels. However, this alone does not seem to satisfy the need to have nice heels and to wear them myself.

My wife has "Crow toes" as the Doctors put it and struggles to wear heels for a very long time (And shes ony 23), this does not stop her looking at and wanting bought for her heels which she knows she will rarely wear.

The answer to your question is that Yes even if she wore heels all day, every day I would still find the desire to wear heels myself, in fact I would probably wear them more than now as it would seem tat i was missing out.

Hope this makes sense