Sign in to follow this  
shyguy

First outing for a while.

Today I went shopping with the wife for our daughters school shoes. I checked with the long suffering missus, and she agreed I could wear my Next wedge shoes.

PICT0073resize.jpg

They aren't super high, just under 2" but they have a heel so I'm posting it :roll:. Anyway we went in a few shoe shops for our daughters shoes, and walked all around the MK shopping centre, and felt just fine.

Didn't expect any, and didn't get any looks or comments even though everyone in the shoe shops were looking down at feet and checking shoes. I also find I get less back pain wearing these shoes, so that may be a good reason to wear them more.

MK is one busy mall, and I'd suggest walking around so many people with heels on, was quite a challenge. Well done you! :roll:

Keep up the good work. :oops: :roll:

Was discussing the lack of back pain with my wife earlier, as usually I get a very painful backache after a short time walking round. Today in the slightly raised heels I had no pain after a full tour of the shops. And even later my back is still feeling better than normal, so my wife says I have to wear shoes like those more often (quickly followed by "those ones anyway, not any higher heels"). So it could mean more outings in heels.

I want to try an experiment next to see if it was just the heel height or the fact that the softer rubbery wedge heel was cushioning the footfalls more which made the difference. So I may have to try something different if I can find something we can both agree on....

Was discussing the lack of back pain with my wife earlier, as usually I get a very painful backache after a short time walking round. Today in the slightly raised heels I had no pain after a full tour of the shops. And even later my back is still feeling better than normal, so my wife says I have to wear shoes like those more often (quickly followed by "those ones anyway, not any higher heels"). So it could mean more outings in heels.

All good news!

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that 1" to 2" heels were good for the posture?

I too have found minor backache cured by walking in heels. If I'm honest though, I've found walking helps whatever I've got on my feet. For me the reality is, if I wasn't in heels I wouldn't be taking the exercise to start with. (Too boring. Herts isn't what you'd call scenic. :roll:) So wearing heels is a great motivator. :roll:

Isn't it possible that your back aches after you wear hard heels? and not after wearing a specific heel height? because the pair you show has a soft foamed polyurethane bottom, which is a good shock absorber.

Hard heels (no matter what height) cause up to 3g shock waves at each step, wich the spine has to absorb. If you suffer from spinal disc troubles it's probable you'll get aches with hard heels...

That's what I want to find out Shoemaker, if it's the height or the impact absorbing of the shoes I wore. And according to my wife my walk and posture changed even with that small increase in heel height. So it could be either, and it could be fun finding out which it is lol.

This morning we could take our puppy out for her first walk (Staffordshire Bull Terrier, just had to wait until all her injections were complete and had time to work) so it was another outing for the wedges around the neighbourhood.

Then we went to a car boot sale, again I wore the wedges, and had to drop some stuff to a friend of my wifes who was selling at the sale. Again no comments, or looks. My 14 year old daughter was with my wifes friend helping out, and didn't notice or didn't mention the shoes I was wearing although the friend did mention that I looked like I had lost weight, maybe it was the height and posture. Anyway, walked for a couple of hours today in the wedge heels and no backache and an enjoyable walk.

Guess this won't be the last time.

Anyway, walked for a couple of hours today in the wedge heels and no backache and an enjoyable walk.

Guess this won't be the last time.

:roll: :roll:

"Softly softly" eh? Looks like you have a go-anywhere outfit. Possibly one of several to come? :cool:

It's impressive that both family and friends are taking your change of style in their stride..... Again, well done you! :oops:

Another 2 outings today, this time in my Shoe Zone boots with a block heel. Firstly I went dog walking for around 40 minutes, and they're comfortable boots for a cheapy pair. Then I had to go with the wife to MK shopping centre and wore them there too. Mrs Shyguy said they look ok with the longer jeans I wore and had no problems with them. All good then :)

More wedge wearing today. This time at Interchange Retail park in Bedford. An hour or so around there and also a craft shop nearby in Kempston. Then over to MK for another shop my wife wanted to buy some stuff in. All in the Next wedges of the first post. Lots of time in my heels lately then.

After about a week or so of not wearing heels again, last night was dog walking alone time again. So I got my jeans and heeled boots and went for a bit of a walk with the pup. Saw a gang of youths looking for trouble and decided that with or without heels I wanted no part of their evening and took evasive action. Still had a fair walk, and found my back pain even with the harder heels is lessened. It's either psychological or the change in posture.

This morning went for a very long walk with the dog, and wore my boots which are very comfortable considering they are cheapies. It was in daylight but saw hardly anyone around and don't think it would have mattered if I had, as the heels are pretty nondescript. Even after a long walk my feet were fine and my back didn't ache. Enjoyable way of both me and the pup getting out and doing what we want to.

Tonight I upped the ante a little by wearing a different pair of boots with a slightly higher block heel. Pushed the boundaries a little close to the edge for mrs Shyguy though oops.

It answered the backpain question though. Even the heels are harder (and noisier) I still didn't suffer back pain from walking, so it looks like the height rather than the type of heel doing the trick.

Just for clarity on the 'boundary' point .... Did you walk out together, or were you seen leaving with slightly higher heels on? :oops:

Just for clarity on the 'boundary' point .... Did you walk out together, or were you seen leaving with slightly higher heels on? :oops:

We often do the evening walk together, and last night Mrs Shyguy was waiting at the door when I appeared in the higher heels. The others she has accepted, but add just over 1/4 inch to the height and a different toe box and they were just too much. Still did the walk together but even though the evening was warm there was a chill lol.

Still did the walk together but even though the evening was warm there was a chill lol.

Any chance a box of chocs or maybe some flowers might warm the air? :lol: :lol:

Sounds like the difference wasn't the 1/4" so much as the overall look of them? Or maybe the extra 6mm made you 'totter' around rather than walk in your usual way? :oops:

Might have slowed me down a little, but I walk too fast for my wife so that's not a problem lol. Might have been the overall look.

Might have slowed me down a little, but I walk too fast for my wife so that's not a problem lol. Might have been the overall look.

Higher heels and longer trousers .... That'll slow you down. :oops: :lol:

Been off the heels for a while, but tonight I was back in the acceptable boots for walking the dog with my wife. Just feels good to walk with the extra height and comfort. I have noticed that the soles are wearing already, and there is a hole in the heel rubber. It's to be expected of cheap boots of course, but it'll be an achievement to wear out a pair of heels :cool:

I noticed something about noisy heels on my latest walks. When out with my wife I thought the heels were a bit loud but she didn't notice anything. I also noticed the more I tried to quieten my steps the worse they sounded. Ignoring the sound made it go away, so most of the heel noise seems to be in my own head.

We was in noisy heels too. We both was in knee high 5" stilleto boots with a steel tip heel.

Many people reading this post will be a little green-eyed (jealous) of your outing. :cool:

Mostly I suppose, because you're out in 5" heels enjoying social activity. And perhaps a little jealous because you're out with a girl who doesn't mind you wearing heels while you're out with her.

I wonder, is there any way you could share this with us too, by posting a photo of the two of you? Either from being out last week, or maybe take a picture for us if you go out again this weekend? :cry:

If you are concerned about showing the world what you and your girl-friend look like, by all means hide your faces. But I'd sure like to see what you look like when you go out?