Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

Textures and fashion

I've ordered myself a pair of these straight legged vinyl "Editor" jeans from Topshop to pair up with loose fitting jumpers and ankle boots. I've always liked the counterpoint of textures in fashion - in this case the sleekness of the vinyl with softer natural textures of wool. I think it sets up a nice frisson in styles and tones down the edginess of vinyl. 

https://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/black-vinyl-editor-jeans-9445533

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I've ordered myself a pair of these straight legged vinyl "Editor" jeans from Topshop to pair up with loose fitting jumpers and ankle boots. I've always liked the counterpoint of textures in fashion - in this case the sleekness of the vinyl with softer natural textures of wool. I think it sets up a nice frisson in styles and tones down the edginess of vinyl. 

https://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/black-vinyl-editor-jeans-9445533

Not my style, but I can see why you like them and how they might harmonise.   I do hope however that you will not be wearing them with the same sort of worker boots as the female model is wearing on the web page; her outfit as a whole rather suggests that she should be out buying fish in a wholesale market- only needing a flat cap!

The Topshop website reveals there are some very nice ankle boots with moderate (Cuban) heels on offer at silly prices - but I guess the challenge will be finding any still in stock in the largest sizes.   The (allegedly) 'latest' styles with slanting or other oddly-shaped heels are not nearly so wearable - where is fashion going? 

Edited by Puffer
Added comment

Yes, I like Topshop’s ankle boots but none come in sizes anywhere near large enough for me. 

No, I don’t care much for the clumpy boots worn by the model.

The trousers arrived today and I like them a lot. They pair nicely with loose fitting jumpers and my black Shoes of Prey ankle boots with the 3,5 inch Cuban heels. They are quite simple and elegant - a pity the company went under 18 months ago.

I also wear vinyl trousers - I already have a pair of Topshop’s Jamie jeans in black vinyl - with loose hoodies and colourful Converse sneakers. Sort of a boho rock festival look, I suppose, but since I work in my own office I can set the dress code.

One thing I do not like is vinyl jeans worn in any sort of fetishy context. Vinyl jeans do not need to look kinky or trashy. Just pair them up with something that tones down the edginess