Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

PVC and Shiny - very big for 2019

I have made several trips into London recently and was struck by how popular PVC and PU seem to be these days. Slinky PVC certainly seems to have come in from the cold lately as far as the high street goes - it's family-friendly now, found in popular fashion shops, and seen worn frequently along the high streets as well. I noticed it starting to come back into vogue a coupe of years ago and instead of being a flash in the pan seems to have gathered momentum, if anything.  

I saw a presenter of a real estate/property show wearing similar the other night. I think it is a nice look that needn’t be trashy or fetishy at all. More urban chic than Soho sordid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I have made several trips into London recently and was struck by how popular PVC and PU seem to be these days. Slinky PVC certainly seems to have come in from the cold lately as far as the high street goes - it's family-friendly now, found in popular fashion shops, and seen worn frequently along the high streets as well. I noticed it starting to come back into vogue a coupe of years ago and instead of being a flash in the pan seems to have gathered momentum, if anything.  

Yes, it is! And I agtee with you; it's not 'bad'

But concerning the heels, I do prefer high quality leather above all other materials

Yes - PVC is great for skinny jeans, but not for boots. Those need to be leather in my opinion. 

I quite like vinyl jeans, but one needs to dress down the hard shininess of the vinyl with softer fabrics and looser fitting,  more understated tops.   

• Like 1