Sign in to follow this  
Puffer

Onlymaker - Shoes Up To Uk13

By chance, I came across the Onlymaker listings on the UK Amazon website; see: http://www.amazon.co...fix=onlym,shoes  (Onlymaker does supply direct but Amazon seems a little cheaper and adds a veneer of respectability of the operation.)

I wonder whether anyone has bought from this China-made range or has specific knowledge of the product quality, fit and service?   There are some rather stylish shoes there (although little of interest to me) and prices (typically £35 - 50 plus £8.99 shipping) are reasonable, whilst the few reviews are generally favourable.   Fit does not seem to be a problem, despite the Chinese source, and one cannot totally ignore any such shoes that go up to what seems to be a true UK13 (Eu46-47)!   I note too that each item is allegedly made to order and can be customised - interesting but rather vague and possibly an area for misunderstanding.

I note that returns can be sent to either US or Germany, neither at exactly trivial cost.   Members shouild be aware that (as I have indicated elsewhere on this board), under the Distance Selling Regulations (which apply in all EU states), a full refund (including all outward and return shipping) MUST be given for anything wrongly supplied or defective.   (Strictly, there should be an address in the purchaser's country for such returns.)   That would include a situation where the sizing is clearly inaccurate, but not where the seller merely disliked the item, although the product price is still refundable in such cases if return is made promptly.   From experience, Amazon is not brilliant initially at helping in a disputed situation of this kind involving its Marketplace sellers (e.g. if return shipping refund refused) but will respond to a firm demand, citing the law.

Puffer, what a great find.  B)

Nothing there that immediately shouts at me to buy, but I recognise 'a nod' here and there to some designer styles too. I'm sure I'll get tempted soon enough.  ;)