Sign in to follow this  
Love4heels

Elevated Boots

I hade myself a new pair of boots made at the Philippines with 2 inch visuable heel and 2" hidden heel.

I thought as long as my foot is elevated as normal 4" heels, I would be happy.

But I really miss the visuable heel...and they look a kind of clumpsy..

I regret I did not make them 3" visuable heel and 1" hidden. I may bring them back next time and have them changed.

My plan is to use them at work so I can have the high heel feeling without being concerned anyone will notice I wear high heels...

What is the most important for you? Have the high heel feeling without the visuable heel or is the visuable heel a must?

Edited by Love4heels

The visible heel is a must, yes...But, not all cirucmstances allow it...So, being able to have a hidden heel and feel great is certainly a welcome alternative!

Maybe 4-5 years ago, I would have said only a high thin heels 'counts'. When I first met other men in heels, high block heels seemed like a half measure? Possibly, not really a high heel?

Experience (mine) suggests the following:

Wearing a high thin (thinner) heel out amongst others, is probably for evenings, and probably at venues far from home. (I almost never wear a heel at home.)

Wearing a heel in public, in daylight, will have others noticing your heels. The higher the heel, the greater the likelihood of a 'tell' from how the wearer walks. (Girls are not immune to this change in stride/gait either.) Someone noticing this type of movement, will look.

A slim heel hides nothing, a block heel has the chance to trick, or at least seem ambiguous? I usually wear a thicker heel in public to disguise my footwear style. I also wear a thicker heel to help prevent serious damage from faulty or damaged pavements.

On balance, my preference is for a slimmer heel, because they generally look more elegant, and they are harder to walk in. (Less stable.) I also like a high wedge too, as I think they accentuate the curve of the rise. Again, a reference to elegance.

Regarding a shoe with a 4 inch heel and having 2 inches hidden for use in the work place; This seems like a good idea. A 2 inch visible heel suggests something not-quite-manly, without being effeminate. Tolerably different? The extra hidden 2 inches would for me at least, remind me I was wearing a heel, and affect how well I walked while wearing them. I doubt I'd forget I had a heel under-foot. ;)

Aesthetically, the shoes/boots are unlikely to light any fires. My guess is, they would feel better than they'd look? That said, they were designed (specified) for function, not looks? They sound ideal for a workplace, with very little opportunity for being caught as a high heel wearer. I would expect comments on a 2 inch heel. ("Hello shortie!" etc.) I might expect less humour and more (light) abuse on a visible 3 inch heel....

I'd suggest the right choice was the first choice. B)

I prefer the look of the visible heel, but a lower visible heel with extra hidden height could work for those who want less people to notice.