Ludovic

Sandals

I've been wearing my wife sandal once in a while around the yard because:

-I like to wear them

-they are comfortable

-they are close by the door

-they are easier to put on/remove than my shoes

A whole bunch of reasons. :)

With my wife's permission, to day I'm getting these for me, so that I stop using hers.

http://www.yellowsho...-01-Zeria_Black

post-1031-0-68805000-1338287742_thumb.jp

Edited by Ludovic

With my wife's agreement ......

to day I'm getting these for me

post-40-0-14094500-1338291784_thumb.jpg

Nice shoe. ;):P:D

Good news too, you're moving forward with your own shoe 'wardrobe'. ;)B)

P.S.

I think shyguy might have/wear something similar?

Edited by FastFreddy2

They are just meant for home use but it's a step forward. :)

I do have to buy her a pair as well in the other color, but that's small price to pay.

They are just meant for home use but it's a step forward. :)

I've quoted Confucius before; "A journey of 1,000 miles, starts with a single step." B)

My first 'outing' shoes were rubber heeled wedge ankle boots. No audible clip-clop or heel tapping of any sort. I'd practised a good bit, so not too much hip swaying ..... We went to a fairly crowded place too. I didn't stand out, no reason for anyone to have any special interest. Mrs Freddy forgot I had them on. [i didn't, but enjoyed every second.] I must dig out a picture.....

I've met shyguy out while wearing some wedge boots with modest [quiet] heels. It was surprising how 'passable' they were, even though I'd had them pointed out to me. Food for thought?

i know sandals are your thing, but steps are steps. ;):)

Nice looking sandals Ludovic. I also have a similar deal with my wife, we have one pair of (usually ladies) sandals by our back door to walk outside in, previously I have worn her sandals with heels similar to those you posted. At the moment the sandals are cheap EVA ones but very comfortable but low heeled.

As Freddy says it's a step in the right direction if you can get a foot in the door (or heels in this case) on your way to heeling more openly. Softly softly catchee monkey and all that stuff :)

The closest store didn't have them :(

But when I told my wife, she said that we'll go to the other, bigger one on Thursday, and that we'll take her pair and mine at the same time.

The closest store didn't have them :(

Noooooooo !!

That must've have been quite a disappointment at the time. Hopefully the larger store will have stock. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2

On the same subject of sandals, if anyone sees any fairly masculine sandals let me know. I have tried the last few years to get sandals for summer and always end up drawing a blank (mens are so uncomfortable, womens are always so much easier to wear) but they need to not look too girly.

Well, we went and apparently I had understood something wrong. When we looked around and couldn't find the model I had seen online, I said I'll ask the clerk and my wife said that she didn't want me to buy them for me... Back to square one.

Yeah been there before. More than once I have been under the impression we're going to buy some shoes for me and when the time comes we get the "Not for you" statement. It's a big let down when it happens too.

I said I'll ask the clerk and my wife said that she didn't want me to buy them for me... Back to square one.

Was it the case that maybe she didn't want to be seen buying them for you?

Situation seems a little odd? [i'm not being critical, I naively -possibly- am trying to work out what might have gone wrong?]

The two of you tried a local store, then not so local store? On the third store visit, the shoe shopping idea was revoked? Was it possibly a case of 'cold-feet'? Last minute nerves (on her part) meaning you had to go without?

Meaning: the cold reality of buying you some girl's shoes, being too much for her?

Yeah been there before. More than once I have been under the impression we're going to buy some shoes for me and when the time comes we get the "Not for you" statement. It's a big let down when it happens too.

For me going without is normal. Not shoes, but many other things.

I have experienced similar disappointment, where for example: I've never been that that interested in visiting America. (I really don't like air travel.) Three years ago we got given a free holiday in the US because a couple we know had to cancel going. Mrs Freddy was over the moon, I was a little excited - though not over-the-moon excited because of the 7 hour each-way flight. We arranged Visa's etc. but the offer was withdrawn because the flights couldn't be transferred.

The feeling of loss was considerably greater, than if the offer to us had not been made. Put into a simple analogy, it was like giving a child a sweet, then taking it off them before they can eat it. Great sense of disappointment.

I have to say, I feel for you both. Other than the 'cold-feet' aspect of it, I don't understand how a change of mind can happen without some further discussion?

Me and Mrs Freddy try to keep things simple/uncomplicated. She understands my needs on the heeling front, and rather than have me milling around her with a grump on, she either goes out with me - or expects me to go out and get my 'fill' of wearing heels while she is busy elsewhere.

Maybe not what others do, but I offer a fair amount of encouragement for her to have her own life, as well as the one we have together. She has her 3rd or 4th Annual holiday away with the girls this coming weekend.... In return for this independence, I expect a fair amount of freedom too. I get plenty of hobby time [not just heels], and a fair amount of freedom with what I spend my money on. I don't drink, don't smoke, and am too old to womanise ..... So 'freedom' doesn't carry much of a threat to our relationship anyway. ;):D

I hope the two of you find a route to where you thought you were going..... :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2