Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Telling Friends ......

I'm never going to be a full time wearer of heels, it's just not practical.

Girlfriends have always been told of my interest, either for them to wear, or for me. Not worn them in front of many girlfriends [usually because I didn't really have the desire to] but never kept it a secret. My mother knows, but I'm fairly sure no-one else in the family knows. We're not particularly close bunch, though in hindsight, I was probably quite close to my father. He never knew as far as I'm aware.....

"Friends", of course will include girls, and I'm pretty much not bothered if they know or not. Although the wife can't understand it, I recently told a work colleague about me wearing heels because it was pertinent to. [We were talking about her husband, and his rather 'consuming' hobby.] I had mentioned that it many ways fellas like hobbies, and interests, that possibly take them outside the usual confines of their marriage. [stuff they do that might not at first look, provide opportunities for their spouse to share.]

His particular interest is a certain type of car. Sadly, she's not at all interested, and I said to her that from a blokes point of view [meaning I'm biased], her lack of interest has closed a door to her enjoying the company of her husband as much as she could. Ditto with him, as he seems to have abdicated from joining in too .... but I've no detail on that.

I mentioned blokes, especially the mid-life-crisis genre, are going to be a little single minded about their 'hobbies'. And if I needed a further example, I'd look at my next door neighbour. Our house style has an integral garage. I've seen inside his, and he has wall-to-wall model boats. He must have £10,000's worth, easily.

So I mentioned about my 'hobby'/lifestyle to my work colleague. And today I took her in some piccies that must be 25 years old, of me wearing 5" patent stiletto's that I had taken with the help of my then girlfriend. Her only remark was "nice pins". Bless her.

Also this week, I may have met a new buddy to do with the retail side of my income. He's done some work for me, which I will repay by providing him a trade price on a product he wants off me. We were having a chat [while he ate the sarnie he'd made for himself in the kitchen ~ a story in itself]. He's a little younger than me, but we've got a fair bit in common already, shame he lives 30 miles away .....

Anyhow, I was telling him about the work colleague with the hubby and the consuming hobby. He had made a suggestion, and I had said the fella might be shy, and I also remarked that he and I weren't as we deal with the general public all the time. I mentioned I'd met someone recently via the internet, and meeting a complete stranger didn't and doesn't phase me at all. I went on to explain we'd started conversing on a 'special interest' site, and decided to meet face to face for a natter. He then went on to mention a family member, and attempted to recall some of the sites his relative frequented; Heels.com being the second. Well ..... I nearly blabbed right there and then. :-(

Where I'm going with this, is that I think I'm going to blab the whole thing. I don't suppose for one second he's going to fall out with me, or stop contact .... I'm just wondering how I'm going to 'fess up without making it sound exactly that, like a confession? I've told plenty of females, and in my younger days even went around to a mate and his girlfriend in heels. But that was a long time ago, and Boy George was on the front cover of many magazines at the time. [Androgeny was popular at the time.]

I suppose this is the sort of thing few people are going to have experience of ...... B)

Watch this space eh? ;-)

Also this week, I may have met a new buddy to do with the retail side of my income. He's done some work for me, which I will repay by providing him a trade price on a product he wants off me. We were having a chat [while he ate the sarnie he'd made for himself in the kitchen ~ a story in itself]. He's a little younger than me, but we've got a fair bit in common already, shame he lives 30 miles away .....

Anyhow, I was telling him about the work colleague with the hubby and the consuming hobby. He had made a suggestion, and I had said the fella might be shy, and I also remarked that he and I weren't as we deal with the general public all the time. I mentioned I'd met someone recently via the internet, and meeting a complete stranger didn't and doesn't phase me at all. I went on to explain we'd started conversing on a 'special interest' site, and decided to meet face to face for a natter. He then went on to mention a family member, and attempted to recall some of the sites his relative frequented; Heels.com being the second. Well ..... I nearly blabbed right there and then. :-(

Where I'm going with this, is that I think I'm going to blab the whole thing. I don't suppose for one second he's going to fall out with me, or stop contact .... I'm just wondering how I'm going to 'fess up without making it sound exactly that, like a confession? I've told plenty of females, and in my younger days even went around to a mate and his girlfriend in heels. But that was a long time ago, and Boy George was on the front cover of many magazines at the time. [Androgeny was popular at the time.]

I suppose this is the sort of thing few people are going to have experience of ...... B)

Watch this space eh? ;-)

I had a phone conversation with this chap the other day...... Not spoken for a couple of weeks [he's been very busy with work]. After a couple of minutes of chit chat, he says he's had a change of heart and would be interested in my 'special interest' after all.

My immediate remark was "Am I telling you, or am I telling you and the rest of the world"?

He says "Me of course."

So I tell him.

His response...... "Is that it? I thought it would be something much worse!" No pleasing some people. biggrin.gif He then asked if I dressed up [en femme] too, to which the answer is and was a 'no'.

This was followed by a complete change of subject by him, and about another 15 minutes of conversation. cool.gif

Bit of an anti-climax really ........ huh.gif

Bit of an anti-climax really ........ huh.gif

Which seems to prove that the oft repeated phrase "most of the fear is in our own heads" is true and worth repeating. Brave move though considering this is a business client it could have had an impact. You must have read the situation well.

:D

You must have read the situation well.

:D

Maybe. huh.gif

I had my original conversation with him after he mentioned a member of his family had "tastes" not altogether considered usual. If I remember, one of the in-laws interests was to have a woman walk up and down his back wearing heels. ohmy.gif

Obviously, a bit weird? biggrin.gif

I had a phone conversation with this chap the other day...... Not spoken for a couple of weeks [he's been very busy with work]. After a couple of minutes of chit chat, he says he's had a change of heart and would be interested in my 'special interest' after all.

Little bit of an update .....

My mate out with a girlfriend, found himself in the West End shoe shopping (for her).

He sent me some piccies of shoes they'd seen while out .... Mostly a bit OTT (garish) but courts with very high heels. I sent him some piccies of shoes I own and wear. Mostly to see whether he shared the piccies with his girlfriend. HE DID. In fact she took the rise out of one style wink.gifbiggrin.gif He also sent a piccy with her wearing her new shoes, which both me and Mrs Freddy liked. [she has good taste in heels.]

Though we only exchanged a small number of texts over a short period of time, none of it was negative, and his girlfriend even asked how one pair felt to wear. cool.gif

Quite made my day. smile.gif

Reason for edit: Detail added.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Little bit of an update .....

My mate out with a girlfriend, found himself in the West End shoe shopping (for her).

It's taken me a little while to 'engineer' it, but me and Mrs Freddy met my mate and his new girlfriend in the West End last night. He and I both knew where he was taking his new friend out, and I expected to be close by with Mrs Freddy.

Was nearly a duff night though, as we [the Freddies] set off late having gotten used to Christmas shopping hours, and arrived most places to find doors about to be locked for the night. We did get to walk along Oxford Street though, and visit one or two places of interest.

I exchanged a couple of texts with my mate, and nearly joined him at the restaurant he'd chosen to eat at, but herself said in his girlfriends place, she'd 'flip' if disturbed during a romantic night out. wink.gifbiggrin.gif So we went off a little further down the road and ordered dinner.

A couple more texts and an hour later, they joined us for a drink while we finished our sweet course. Things went surprisingly well, given the opportunity for things to go [badly] wrong. The two girls had never met before, and Mrs Freddy isn't exactly the outgoing type..... My mate and I are both used to talking to the public/customers, which is often people we don't know, so can usually bluster through most situations. Although the restaurant closed early [11pm sad.gif] everyone seemed to have had a pleasant time together.

I was wearing heels, and the subject was kinda 'forced' by my pal. I knew his girlfriend would have been told. [Why not, it's not like he 'fessed up to wearing them. wink.gif] And I'm sure it would have taken up some of the evening debating my style choices..... biggrin.gif

To be honest, I'd hoped it could be ignored .... not least because I was wearing some inexpensive PU boots from New Look. When discussed, my heels were deemed as 'sensible', and almost a manly Cuban style. [i was wearing the sensible/inexpensive heels because I purposely parked the car nearly a mile away, to walk off our sweet course. If the car was closer, the heels would have been almost an inch higher. huh.gif Although I've got quite a few pairs, none of them deserve a two mile hike on London pavements.]

My mate had me [unsuccessfully] trying to convince his new girlfriend that wearing heels can be comfortable. I said with some honesty, that it was true, but I obviously wasn't convincing enough. wink.gifbiggrin.gif While we sat, several girls in very short skirts and heels they couldn't walk in properly, passed the restaurant. The girlfriend pointed out there was no sense in wearing heels you couldn't walk in? I suggested heels that high, aren't usually for walking in. I think she understood. biggrin.gif

It was all very enjoyable, with no laughs at my expense from anyone, and no shocked looks either. In fact, a pretty regular night out. cool.gif

I'm hoping the long-ish walk after our meal worked off all that sugar in the chocolate sauce I ate with my sweet course. I mentioned while eating it, that on a scale of 1 to 10 on how unhealthy it might be, it would probably be rated as an 11. ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif Was worth all that walking though. wink.gif

Edited by FastFreddy2

Glad to hear you had a good night out. It's good to hear of someone accepting a man wearing heels that easily too, would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when it was first brought up by your friend to his girlfriend though. :D

would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when it was first brought up by your friend to his girlfriend though. :D

I would think she would have thought he was pulling her leg? biggrin.gif She seems very very very well adjusted. He's maybe found himself a very easy going (and intelligent) friend there. wink.gif Jealous? Moi? biggrin.gif

This is great. You are lucky.

It was good, but me, lucky? huh.gifbiggrin.gif I wish ..... tongue.gif

Had a phone call late this afternoon ...... "Can you give me some technical support"?

Seems the 'happy couple' had a bit of a chat, and he'd like to invest in some heels for his friend...... I have cautioned him about this, thinking that maybe he's jumping in a bit soon. [Taking advantage almost, of their willingness to oblige each other in the new bloom of romance? mellow.gif] Maybe I'm overly concerned he might be pushing a little too enthusiastically for something so early in their relationship? What does The Panel think?

I've promised to send him some links to shoes I'd recommend for someone more used to wearing flats. I've also offered to go shoe shopping with them both, if they are interested. [Like I need an excuse? biggrin.gif] Be nice to be out with a group trying on shoes though. cool.gif

More news as it hits the press. wink.gif

So he wants to buy his new girlfriend heels? I'd go shopping with the girlfriend and see what she likes and pay for these. He might be too quick depending on HOW it's done.

...... not least because I was wearing some inexpensive PU boots from New Look. When discussed, my heels were deemed as 'sensible', and almost a manly Cuban style. [i was wearing the sensible/inexpensive heels because I purposely parked the car nearly a mile away, to walk off our sweet course. If the car was closer, the heels would have been almost an inch higher. huh.gif Although I've got quite a few pairs, none of them deserve a two mile hike on London pavements.]

>> Picture of the boots << I wore. I'd hoped to add it to the original post [for continuity] but failed to get the picture done in 24 hours. The boots would have cost either £10 or £15 and I have 2 pairs. They don't look anything special but are surprisingly comfortable and easy to wear. And a lot quieter now they have a softer heel tip on them. wink.gif Unfortunately the PU is a little shiny. Otherwise they would be completely unnoticeable with longer jeans or trousers because of the flat/round toe area.

So he wants to buy his new girlfriend heels? I'd go shopping with the girlfriend and see what she likes and pay for these. He might be too quick depending on HOW it's done.

Exactly right.

While we sat together, she made comment on the girls with heels so high, the girls couldn't walk naturally in them. [Which is not so unusual if you're not used to wearing higher heels?] She herself was wearing flat leather boots, a good indicator or taste [leather over plastic] but not so promising with style. [No heel at all.] Seems she's eager to please, but as we are aware, these things need to be taken slowly. cool.gif