Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

So Stiletto Crocs are a thing...

On 6/24/2021 at 11:33 PM, euchrid said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9664337/Balenciaga-Crocs-team-release-pair-stiletto-heels-inspired-clogs.html

As ugly as Crocs already are, they've gone to a whole new level with these monstrosities.

Hideous to look at and they're apparently going to be stupidly expensive when they go on sale next year.  

I think you should be banned forthwith for posting an obscenity.   :angry:

On 6/24/2021 at 11:33 PM, euchrid said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9664337/Balenciaga-Crocs-team-release-pair-stiletto-heels-inspired-clogs.html

As ugly as Crocs already are, they've gone to a whole new level with these monstrosities.

Hideous to look at and they're apparently going to be stupidly expensive when they go on sale next year.  

I had thought that 'Crocs' (almost as painful to type as to look at) were just the ugliest design of shoe I had ever seen. 

Plainly, I was wrong. Balenciaga made them even uglier. Wondering what the raison d'etre for this might be, I had a look at their website, and found this: 

2021 Couture Collection  (Not office safe as it has 'music' included in the video.)

While many of the styles were just plain awful, they did make a determined attempt to make Collection, pretty androgynous. What I consider completely unacceptable, was hiring skeletal models made to look like drug-addled zombies. 

Even if I were the richest person on the planet, this 'design' house would not see a penny of my money. I just don't get it, even from an 'art' perspective.

I agree with your analysis of the collection (and the models) but got totally bored watching more than a few minutes of that 'parade' so didn't spot the 'Crocs'.   Where are they in the timeframe, please?

I rate these as about the ugliest 'normal' shoes I have seen for a long, long time.   But I expect they will appeal to some - am I right?

55.jpg

On 7/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, Puffer said:

I agree with your analysis of the collection (and the models) but got totally bored watching more than a few minutes of that 'parade' so didn't spot the 'Crocs'.   Where are they in the timeframe, please?

I only watched the video long enough to decide I couldn't work out who was wearing a heel and who wasn't. (Trousers all 3 inches too long?)

I rate these as about the ugliest 'normal' shoes I have seen for a long, long time.   But I expect they will appeal to some - am I right?

55.jpg

Sadly, 70's "inspired" clompy platforms and heels are "on trend".

976052199_ChristineQuinnforPLT.jpg.dad8f1893cde47752a5d71a1b0b9030b.jpg

Copyright acknowledged. No commercial benefit, review purposes only.

This is undoubtedly an attractive woman, with great (aesthetically pleasing) legs. But those shoes..... Really?  >> Full article << 

Edited by FastFreddy2
Spelling.