Sign in to follow this  
Puffer

Height-increasing footwear

Well, not strictly 'high heels' in the sense that we usually refer to them, but height-increasing footwear with a built-up heel are favoured by some men who wish to increase their stature 'discreetly'.   (For the avoidance of doubt, I am not one of them; I neither need the height nor like the look of the footwear - or the prices.)

By chance, I happened upon this high-end maker of such items, which apparently include boots with a (claimed) five or six-inch rise, e.g. https://www.guidomaggi.com/us/mansfield.html (as pictured below).  OK, so some of that rise is clearly in the thick sole, but the internal 'wedge' is by no means trivial, particularly for the shorter man with a smaller foot who would likely be the typical customer.   I do wonder how comfortable they are to wear; probably quite stable (given the wide heel-base) but surely rather ungainly?   I am not keen on the 'workboot' look; I know it is currently popular but far too heavy for what I would consider any truly casual activity, let alone more formal or dressy occasions.

elevator-shoes-mansfield-mansfield_1.jpg

Tom Cruise is one who, I believe, wears height increasing footwear. The style would obviously depend on the character he is playing, or his own personal taste if he wears them as a regular thing off the set.