Sign in to follow this  
marcelheels

men learn to walk in heels, in Austria

An academy in Vienna, Austria learns guys to walk in heels.

What do we think? ;-)

Edited by marcelheels
forgot the link

My first thought after watching the video was; what an odd thing to teach, and who (actually) would want to learn?

Not as negative as it might sound .... For example, the hall or studio needs to be hired or paid for. The size of the "market", (potential market) quite small. How does the studio expect to earn money (pay for costs - much less get into profit) off the venture?

People we know (men obviously) here, don't usually wear heels, certainly not high heels anyway, in public. Why would anyone pay to be taught to do something, they probably would never use? I am slightly bewildered. :huh: Yes they mention "gays", but that doesn't always (seldom) translates to wearing woman's attire. 

For my part and my limited experience of men (other men) wearing heels .... They either can, or they can't walk in them. I suppose training can increase ability, but how many women who wear heels are "trained"? Sure they have a more rolling hip than most men so have a head start so to speak, but I've never met a women who thought it necessary to have lessons in wearing a heel.   

There are lots of reasons men might take such a class - performers for one thing. Such classes are given here in England and are well attended by women - women who want to look graceful at a wedding, for example.

Because we strongly associate heels with women we assume they have a natural gait for walking in heels. They don’t. Their ability to walk in heels is acquired, same as it is for men. 

I understand your thoughts @FastFreddy2 but I still luke the fact that it's there. Maybe guts that have to perform on stage, or in clubs, I have no idea. Maybe I'd attend; I'd love to be able to walk in high heels, although I know that, like you said, our hops aren't as 'smooth' as woman's. If you search on youtube, you'll find a guy that's better in walking heels than woman (the title says) he'svquite good, but not so gracefully.

Women walk better in heels simply because they have endless opportunities to wear them and acquire the knack. Men are obliged to do do furtively, or occasionally, as opportunity offers. For women it is simply a matter of putting on a pair of shoes, just another day. In such circumstances a heel-loving woman is bound to be very, very much at home in a pair of heels.

Edited by Shyheels

23 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Women walk better in heels simply because they have endless opportunities to wear them and acquire the knack. Men are obliged to do do furtively, or occasionally, as opportunity offers. For women it is simply a matter of putting on a pair of shoes, just another day. In such circumstances a heel-loving woman is bound to be very, very much at home in a pair of heels.

True! But they also dare to be feminine and they're used to a type of walking where they use their hips, and we aren't.

If you don't walk 'from the hips', you'll never learn to walk in heels.

I’ve never heard that. I am sceptical of any claim that women can naturally walk in heels - find even one podiatrist or osteopath who says women’s (or anyone’) physiology is suited to heels. Wearing them and walking well in them is an acquired skill.

The height of heels and the counter-balance with awoman’s topside may create a more suggestive pose, but it in no way implies a need for a feminine walk to master heels.

We make that association ourselves.

Edited by Shyheels

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve never heard that. I am sceptical of any claim that women can naturally walk in heels - find even one podiatrist or osteopath who says women’s (or anyone’) physiology is suited to heels. Wearing them and walking well in them is an acquired skill.

The height of heels and the counter-balance with awoman’s topside may create a more suggestive pose, but it in no way implies a need for a feminine walk to master heels.

We make that association ourselves.

Well.. you might be right..I wish I knew for sure :-)

I think it is perfectly possible to walk gracefully in heels without adopting any overtly feminine gait. In fact I think a man who adopted such a gait would be rather less likely to walk gracefully in heels, since it would be unnatural. The human body male or female was not designed to wear heels. It is purely an acquired skill. We are more accustomed to seeing that skill in women, and thus expressed with a feminine gait, and so we naturally associate that grace with femininity.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

I can't add much to this discussion, but do suggest that 'graceful' and competent heel-wearing is not directly linked to gender or build.   We have all seen a variety of women (and a few men) whose ability - or lack of it - to walk in public in heels is all-too-evident.   

This man seems to me to be perfectly competent in his Omano boots (allegedly 6" heels but I think a little less than that).   He has other videos of him in similarly high heels and is obviously well-practised, but scarcely unique.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Puffer said:

I can't add much to this discussion, but do suggest that 'graceful' and competent heel-wearing is not directly linked to gender or build.   We have all seen a variety of women (and a few men) whose ability - or lack of it - to walk in public in heels is all-too-evident.   

This man seems to me to be perfectly competent in his Omano boots (allegedly 6" heels but I think a little less than that).   He has other videos of him in similarly high heels and is obviously well-practised, but scarcely unique.   

I love the music.

Nice boots by the way!

Great video, a la film trailer.

Hard to fully comprehend how well he walks in the heels as the view point isn't fixed, but probably still walks in them better than I could. Given he's not a size UK8, and more likely a UK10/11 or even larger, they might well be a 6" heel. Hard to know without some reference point.

As to the men/women and who walks better in heels, it's a useful point that girls get more practice and that might lead to be them being 'more expert' in a heel. I had in mind the hips joints in a women are potentially different (for baby carrying purposes) and for that reason, could rotate/swivel a little more effectively than men usually do. If there has been medical research that says this is not the case, I'd like to read it. 

I'm aware that for myself, height makes a difference, and my ability seems to drop off past a certain point. For example, I can walk in a 4" heel like I'm wearing flats. (I'm told from the back, that might not appear to be true as I rotate my backside like a girl does - a girl wearing heels.) Up to around 4.7 inches high, I walk like someone wearing a heel, but not so badly it looks like I can't walk in a heel. Above that, approaching 5 inches, my gait is affected. Now given that 30 years ago I had no problem walking in a 5½ inch heel like I was wearing a 4 inch heel today, it suggests something in me has changed. The obvious is I'm 30 years older, but this must mean there are changes in my bone/muscle/tendon combination that is restricting my ability.

Not sex possibly that makes a difference, but some other aspect or aspects. Bottom line for me, I've always been able to walk comfortably in heels. It's a great feeling to be in them. I hope my weary body allows me to continue for some time yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Great video, a la film trailer.

Hard to fully comprehend how well he walks in the heels as the view point isn't fixed, but probably still walks in them better than I could. Given he's not a size UK8, and more likely a UK10/11 or even larger, they might well be a 6" heel. Hard to know without some reference point.

I suggested that the heels were a little less than 6" because (a) I recall that the maker (Omano, as was) claimed them to be 5.5 - 5.75" (according to size); and (b) they don't look a full inch higher than my rather similar UK11 MJ boots (with true 5" heel).   But, whatever, he strides out purposefully and confidently as far as we can see - and his other videos support the idea that he is well-used to heels of more than 5".   

All in all, he is wearing very masculine boots and wearing them well - one of the best 'adverts' for men in heels I can think of; nothing effeminate there.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

I suggested that the heels were a little less than 6" because (a) I recall that the maker (Omano, as was) claimed them to be 5.5 - 5.75" (according to size); and (b) they don't look a full inch higher than my rather similar UK11 MJ boots (with true 5" heel). 

I'm inclined to agree. ;)

I'm loving liking the video's.... 

I think this might have been from a subscriber,  or commenter...

Edited by FastFreddy2