Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Queen Elizabeth II

Today, the 9th of September 2015 at around 5.30pm, the UK's current reigning Queen surpassed the previous record held by her great great grandmother Queen Victoria, for the longest reigning monarch of the British Isles. The record held by Queen Victoria was; 63 years, 7 months and 2 days.

I am immensely proud to have been around to see most of Queen Elizabeth II's reign.

While circa 12 years old, at school I can remember being taught a little about the monarchy, and how it related directly to each of us. I was told the first 30 years of our life, determined whether we would be known as Elizabethan or not. I'm very happy there can be no doubt I am Elizabethan. B) 

The stability the Queen has brought through the years will doubtless be underestimated for many years to come. While many see the monarchy as a waste of public money and would welcome a republic, I am sure in my mind, the upper end of the royal family provide this country with a service that is generally, far from understood. Our Queen is a well respected and well liked figurehead. Unlike most of our previous and current political leaders... 

Thank you ma'am. 

• Like 1

I agree with your sentiments, Freddy - especially as I have been around through the whole of EIIR's reign (and have my Coronation 5/- piece to prove it!).

I was thinking of sending HM a box of finest Kentish plums as a 'thank you'.   After all, it instructs us in the National Anthem to 'Send her Victorias'.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1