Sign in to follow this  
BobHH

Payless

An email from Payless advertised new shoe styles for 2011, so of course I had a look. Bought these Zanzi wedges. They are listed as 4.5" heel and 1" platform, but in my size 13 they have a 1.5" platform and are 5.75" high at the back of the heel. Nice to see Payless with some nicely high heels. Very nicely sized and very comfortable, and somehow they don't feel all that high when walking around. Wedges really tend to be a little more comfortable than stilettos much of the time, but also tamer - not as exotic feeling.

post-59-0-66752600-1297492467_thumb.jpg

A shoe with a 4.25" rise on a cork wedge? Excellent choice. :o

As for wedges not being as exotic, your Karo's are 'head-swimming' stuff! :(

Welcome back. Hopefully your trip went well? :rolleyes:

I have been back from Buenos Aires for a couple of weeks now. It was a fun trip, with activities every day and night. Dinner was usually at around 9PM, then off to Milonga (dancing) at around midnight. Usually got started around 10 or 10:30AM the next day, out again, back for a rest before dinner. Lunches were around 3PM, at a different place every day. I was with a group who met there, arriving independently, more or less. Flights to and from USA are overnight.

I wore the Karo wedges to get a pedicure this last week, changing from bright fuschia polish to a dark metallic red. Startled some fellow as I was walking up to and into the salon, I think. Although I was wearing long denims, one cuff had ridden up, probably exposing the whole shoe. I park right in front, so it's just 15 or 20 ft. to the door, and there were no other customers there, which is unusual. My girl called one of the other girls over to show her my heels. The other one is very nice and we always talk. They all know me, at least by sight.

I wore the Karo wedges to get a pedicure this last week, changing from bright fuschia polish to a dark metallic red. Startled some fellow as I was walking up to and into the salon, I think. Although I was wearing long denims, one cuff had ridden up, probably exposing the whole shoe. I park right in front, so it's just 15 or 20 ft. to the door, and there were no other customers there, which is unusual. My girl called one of the other girls over to show her my heels. The other one is very nice and we always talk. They all know me, at least by sight.

I'd really like to 'hear' the thoughts of someone in that position during the event. I'm absolutely never caught on the back foot with wardrobe surprises, and my initial remark to myself [no matter how outlandish the outfit] is ..... 'that works' .... or ... 'that doesn't work very well at all'.

Folk with experience outside the mundane, seldom seem bothered by anything slightly unusual. Those who would put a negative spin on men wearing heels, must have had a fairly sheltered life - I'd like to believe anyway. That or they just happen to have unpleasant or jaundiced personalities? [Why would anyone actually be bothered one way or the other?]

Though I'm not suggesting the fella startled here, was anything other than plain surprised. :rolleyes: