Sign in to follow this  
scrappycoco

Kids And There Friends

Well I figured i would drop a little note and let everyone know about some of the issue's I have faced when it comes to me wearing heels with my kids! First let me start by saying that I have 2 girls age's 15 and 11. Both of them are really great kids for the most part. Right now one of the biggest issues I have had to deal with is my oldest one. First let me say she does not mind me wearing heels and supports me in the way I dress 100%. Where the problem lies is now that she is older her friends are coming over more and it is kind of hard sometimes to try to hide what I am wearing. I am not the type of guy that just wears heels. I will also wear skirts, women's jeans, and women's dress pants quite often. For me what I have had to do is try to sit back and get a good feel for my oldest girls friends and see witch ones I can trust to know about how I dress and witch ones I can not. So with that being said at this point I have told one of her friend's about how I dress and she is cool with it. She has even given me some advise on what looks good on me and what does not. Both of my girls are very supportive of me and help me out with what they think looks good on me. I just worry so much about one of there friends finding out about me and how I dress and using that to make fun of them. Cause I know of at least one that would I know this because we have had problems with this girl before. I have tried so hard to impress on my kids that anyone that would do something like that is not truly your friend. Now come's the other issue with the fact that my oldest is now dating boys. That is a whole nother bridge to cross!

I have daughters of a similar age and know how hard it must be to decide who you should trust among their friends. There are some who would delight in ridiculing them over their dads choice of footwear, and some would probably think it was cool. As for the boyfriends, that could get interesting. Look forward to hearing more on this subject and how it works out for you though.

A problem most parents don't have to contend with. Thanks for the insight. :rolleyes:

My step-daughter is in her 30's, and I suspect for the most part, naive to anyone with my kind of dress sense. I'd be happy for her to know, not least because we share the same shoe size. :o But her mother doesn't want anyone else knowing, just in case a "family tiff" makes my interest public knowledge.

I'm happy to respect my wifes wishes about this, though it isn't my first choice. I understand it has the potential to be a genie that can't be put back inside a bottle once released. Even if her daughter is okay with my taste in shoes, I'm sure she has friends that wouldn't be. Even I have (and had) girlfriends who declare they prefer "their men to be men", though I would argue that in every respect I'm 100% male. B)

See my wife will say the same thing to me about men not wearing this or that. It has taken me a long while by showing her that look just becuase I wear this or that I am still your husband and I am still 100% male and would not have it any other way. As far as the boyfriend goes Im not sure about him yet! I have not been able to spend anytime around him. Since he and my oldest live and go to 2 different schools. Tha last thing I want to do is case the boy off for my daughter by saying oh by the way!

I have unintentionally (naively) kicked off very heated debate over this =broader= issue before.

Many, possibly even most, see men wearing womens clothes as being transvestites. For me, and I'd like to think I speak from experience, this means a man dressing as a woman hoping to pass as a woman. The message is in the 'trans' bit; ie. 'to cross'. I think this term has a darker meaning in the US and maybe South America's where TV's are better known for their 'working' practices. But here in the UK, I would expect a transvestite to be a man who dresses to pass as a woman and only that. [been there, done that, got the T-shirt.]

For me, a man who enjoys wearing attire that would otherwise only be worn by a woman, is a cross-dresser. [Note the difference, cross dresser, not cross-gender.] I'm very happy being male, and being attracted to women. Apart from my interest in wearing heels, and high heels at that, I'd say I pretty much confirm to the male stereotype. Womens jeans and trousers fit me better than mens, but that's to do with the cut, and what must be an anotomical problem I might have.

Yet sat amongst fellows at a Fetish Fair [reported elsewhere] with these chaps wearing leather everything, they sniggered at me and others wearing heels. :rolleyes: If those with slightly deviant tastes find men wearing heels amusing (sport for their sense of humour), does it bode well for people close to us, accepting our version of fashion?

So far, the limited group I've told have not been surprised at all, with only my wife has voicing reservations. Then only about giving family members the opportunity to gossip or criticise her for her taste in husband. [Me and the mother-in-law don't get on that well. :o ]

Obviously, positive comments about personal experiences from members would be welcome. B)