Sign in to follow this  
Puffer

Boots from Topshop

Whilst passing through my local Topshop on Saturday, I noticed these 'March' sock boots on display.   They are listed online as available either in black leather or tan suede, 4" heel, price £69.00.   However, the sizes only go up to 42 (a generous 8, I believe) - so no good to me!   (And in tan, all but 41 and 42 shown as sold-out.)

I think these would be good for male street-heeling as, even if on show, they are quite discreetly styled in a 'masculine' way.

Topshop has some other boots that may be worth a look - but most of the current shoe offerings are imho rather too quirky for male wear, many having oddly-shaped heels and embellishments.   (Perhaps the shoe range is designed by, and intended to co-ordinate with, 'Sir' Philip Green's beautiful and charismatic daughter?)

image.png.2882160dd266639530233deec6af7af8.pngimage.png.81594e84ca793f6df5800b0a0fbda2f4.png          

Edited by Puffer
Correcting error

Just so you know, that 'cuban' style heel is immensely popular this Autumn/Winter.

I would agree they are good for male street wearing. I was tempted but I already have an earlier version, though I might prefer these .... The ones I own have a wider, more masculine look to them.

You are right about the 42/8 being generous, which isn't always the case with Topshop. I find a Topshop 41 is waaay too small, so don't always expect a 42 to fit. In many styles from other brands, I get into a 41??  

Edited by FastFreddy2

If anyone's interested, I see that the Topshop 'March' boots (as above) are now on offer at only £30.00, although larger sizes apparently sold-out online.   Some shop branches will still have them though; there is a 'search' facility.   The heel on the UK8 is 3.75"

Topshop has a number of other boots that would be good for male street-heeling, some of which are also discounted at present.   There are some new styles too, notably this 'Howdie' Western boot in black or tan:

TS32H07QCAM_M_1.jpg?$Thumb$

HOWDIE High Ankle Boots

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

TS32H07QCAM_M_1.jpg?$Thumb$

HOWDIE High Ankle Boots

That looks like a 'classic' western boot. As would the same be in black.

If Philip Green wasn't on my sh*t list (actually appears twice), I might be very tempted to chase a purchase. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:56 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

That looks like a 'classic' western boot. As would the same be in black.

If Philip Green wasn't on my sh*t list (actually appears twice), I might be very tempted to chase a purchase. 

I agree about Sir PG; I try to avoid his empire nowadays.

I see today that ASOS has discounted several of its items even further.   The Espresso wide-fit boots, for example (in real suede leather and of good quality) are only £15.00!   All sizes up to 10UK (Eu 44).   Well worth considering!

On 12/28/2018 at 10:34 AM, Puffer said:

I see today that ASOS has discounted several of its items even further.   The Espresso wide-fit boots, for example (in real suede leather and of good quality) are only £15.00!   All sizes up to 10UK (Eu 44).   Well worth considering!

A wide-fit is no use to me sadly. I fair much better with slimmer styles that keep my foot where it should be. Wider-fit styles have my feet moving around in the shoe too much, making me feel 'unsafe'. (Bit like wearing a roller-skate.) :wacko:

7 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

A wide-fit is no use to me sadly. I fair much better with slimmer styles that keep my foot where it should be. Wider-fit styles have my feet moving around in the shoe too much, making me feel 'unsafe'. (Bit like wearing a roller-skate.) :wacko:

The 'standard' fit is also currently available at £30.00, in all sizes (inc half-sizes) up to UK10.   Or there are thick socks (2 pairs) ...!

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

Or there are thick socks (2 pairs) ...!

Genius!? :D

If only I didn't have hot feet, even wearing something as thin as hose. B)