Sign in to follow this  
miltboot

In A "lower Heel" Frame Of Mind.

I have recently found myself gravitating toward boots with 4 inch heels, and surprisingly, don't have a problem with it. I have always seemed to prefer heels in the 5 to 5 3/4 range, and had no problem walking in them. But these days, the 4 inch heels are just more COMFORTABLE. Is this a sign of getting older? Yes indeed. No denial here. ;)

I have always seemed to prefer heels in the 5 to 5 3/4 range, and had no problem walking in them.

But these days, the 4 inch heels are just more COMFORTABLE. Is this a sign of getting older? Yes indeed. No denial here. ;)

Life is cruel.....

Getting older, is the 2nd worst part of it. Aches and pains not previously endured, seem to make themselves more and more obvious with each passing year. :(

Just about 30 years ago (Jeez, is it really that long ago) I thought nothing of wearing a size 7 with a 5½" heel, while out for the night. Now, a size 8 with a 5" inch heel is the best I can manage, and then only slooooowwwllyyy. :D More usually, I'll now wear a 4½" heel and hope my muscle stamina will allow me to disguise the heel height for as long as I'm out.

I'm tempted to say it's the amount of practice I get, but that would be far from the truth. I spend much more time in heels now, than I ever did before. My joints, my muscles, just got 30 years older. I'm obviously not alone with this issue ..... ;)

Bit off thread, but I wonder?

A very long time ago, it was announced in the media that the reason why blonde haired women were more popular amongst men, was that only younger women, (can) have naturally blonde hair. We are hard-wired to covet them, because they cannot be old (and barren).

So, maybe we like heels for the same reason? Almost always, the wearer is going to be young, or younger? :huh: