Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Amy Winehouse .....

I've never understood the music buying public's attraction to Miss Winehouse's songs or performances. 5 Grammy's in 2006 and 5 years later .....

2011 "Comeback" tour >> cancelled <<

How drunk am I >> sample 1 << ?

How drunk am I >> sample 2 << ?

Pitiful. huh.gif

How does her Management and handlers get away with it? rolleyes.gif

Tortured soul is bad enough, but when the money is there to resolve this ....... Does no-one care enough to stop the train ride to oblivion?

Edit: Spelling, and I still don't know if it's correct.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Seems the 'writing was on the wall':

January 2011

In fact at most gigs reported on Y.T. through 2008/2009 ....... And people expect her sing when they've paid to get into her gigs? Seems the only performance likely is that from someone not fit to stand unaided. She needs to be kept away from the public, not paraded around like some 'freak' circus act.

Ah but Freddy,

thats the whole idea of the "Entertainment" industry these days, you take someone with a reasonable degree of talent, get them as much as exposure as possible, throw plenty of money at them and then sit back and watch the descent towards oblivion. All the time her "Management" are counting their share of her royalties and fees.

The longer it goes on and the more of a spectacle she makes of herself the more money comes rolling into the coffers. Just look at the way Lady Gaga does exactly the same thing to ensure maximum coverage.

The problem is caused by instant communication and the fact that so many people have camera phones and social networking accounts that whatever any person in the public domain does is soon world wide news.

I am not a big fan of all these reality shows as you hype up the publics opinion and the "artists" hopes and when (As we always do) the public grows tired of them, throw them to the lions....

AND

the worst thing is that should they pass away from over indulgence in whatever vice they have become addicted to, then their popularity soars even more and this time it is just the management who are sitting pretty in their office counting their coin!

Thats enough of a rant!

thats the whole idea of the "Entertainment" industry these days, you take someone with a reasonable degree of talent, get them as much as exposure as possible, throw plenty of money at them and then sit back and watch the descent towards oblivion. All the time her "Management" are counting their share of her royalties and fees.

I think you have that about right.

She's not the only one who did or does need more help from the people living off the money-spinner. Elvis being the most notable example.....

My own personal gripe is with those who surrounded Karen Carpenter. How the heck could someone in the entertainment spotlight, someone loved by all her family, be 'allowed' to starve herself to death? Jeez, was she the only woman on the planet that didn't like the high calorie super-food that is chocolate? I'd have tied her to a chair and poured the stuff down her neck, or tossed her into a luke-warm pool filled with the stuff and made her stay there until she'd drank so much she could touch the bottom of the pool with her toes. wink.gif

The fact that Winehouse's boyfriend is a criminal doesn't help her much. There's no one around her to provide a positive attitude. The blind leading the blind.

Tortured soul is bad enough, but when the money is there to resolve this ....... Does no-one care enough to stop the train ride to oblivion?

The train journey has ended. :(

I'm not a fan of her musical talent, but no-one should end their life prematurely, tortured soul or otherwise. May she find some peace, wherever she is.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Lets hope that she finds peace beyond...... but the enterainment industry circus will go on and which poor unfortunate will be next?...