Sign in to follow this  
CassieJ

My wife is so cool

My wife has known about my high heel (must be over 3.5") addiction for over 18 years. I wear them in private almost daily and have almost 40 pair. My wife often buys me shoes, sometimes matching shoes she is buying.

Recently, she has been encouraging me to go out in public in them. I have a pair of 4" (with 1/2" platform) Skechers that look like a mens boot, just with a high block heel. I have some new jeans with longer legs that will cover my heels but let the toes peak out on the front. I have no apprehension about wearing them in public at all.

I have some black 5" patent heels that I got at Hot ToPic for my Halloween costume (Goth Chick) and I have worn them in public several times leading up to halloween. They have a block heel, not a thin stiletto. Most people don't even notice and no one has ever said anything negative to me. Some retired women at the mall were talking among themselves, obviously about my shoes.

I am still VERY apprehensive about wearing my obviously female shoes in public. My wife has been pushing me to just do it. My new jeans cover the heel really well but you can still see the stiletto heel peek out when I walk and the toe sticks out from the front exposing the front of the shoe, or my toes in sandals. I don't expect any negative experiences in public, but I am quite self-conscious about it.

Anyone else 'stepping out' in obviously women's shoes? I just don't find the heels that look possibly like men's appealing to me. I love the feeling of walking in heels but also like the look of sexy spikes. I cannot resist a woman in sexy spike heels. Luckily for me, my wife wears them most of the time.

CJ

Hi CJ

Thats excellent that the wife is cool with it, and that she even buys some for you too, your lucky to have suck a cool woman...

why not just start out with the "Guy looking" heels to see how it feels and to adjust to walking out and about in heels which would give you plenty of practice too, so that if you do then step out in other heels later, you can do it knowing you've had plenty of practice, and it should come more naturally.

Nothing worse than stepping out in "girly shoes" only to trip up or your calves get tired real quick and the ankles start wobbling all over the place in shoes that you would really want to carry off with dignity :-D

It's great to read about a guy whose wife has to "push him out" instead of being reluctant and "dragging him back to the closet". More power to you and her!

Thanks for the comments. I have been wearing heels for over 20 years now. Before halloween, I was wearing the shoes for my costume (Hot Topic Patent 5" block heel pumps with ribbon strap across the foot) for walks around the neighborhood at night with my wife. The loop is 2 miles so I have no endurance issues with wearing heels. Halloween, I wore them for almost 8 hours, standing for all but about an hour in the car and 15 minutes at a pizza place.

My issue is, I am still very self-conscious in public. I have a pair of 4" Sketcher boots that look very much like men's boots, just with the tall block heel. I have no issues wearing them in public with my longer pants. Never had anyone even appear to think anything odd. When I sit, the entire heel is visible but no one notices (Probably checking out my wife's 5" heels and ignoring me) I have many pairs of pink, yellow, white, black and other color women's heels with everything from block heel to stiletto, open toe to sandal to pump. My pants cover the heel most of the time but the toe of the show does show. Black or yellow patent draws attention I am not quite ready for. I have worn the halloween shoes out to the mall and shopping but I am so worried about what others are thinking. At the mall, no one seemed to notice (or just ignored them) except 3 retired ladies that had a little conversation about it and kept looking. Couldn't tell if they were amused or offended. That said, I shouldn't be so afraid, but I am. The wife says "who cares...just do what you want."

Right on CJ. Lucky to have encouraging partner. I do as well, recently I went to Europe-Italy for a trip, there people are so much more open to what a person wants to do. I bought a pair of Cordani wedge heel boots which I wore several times along the lake front resorts and cafe sites. It was not even mentioned or glanced at as different. I am sure really nice spikes and as worn with jeans would go so easily there as well. A year ago I saw another fellow in Frankfurt with a pair nice spike shoes 3"+ in nice pin striped pants and an orange fuzzy sweater(which caught my eye to begin with) going about a flight transfer without as much as a head turn, just as we would like it to be here. I was so envious I went back this year with own.

An there you can just be you see and enjoy all the things Europe has to offer in a great pair of heels.

Also here I do wear boots as much as I can but have to watch and conceal as not get into the wrong place. My girlfriend is just happy I can be happy what ever I am wearing. Sure helps, and being honest up front made that so much easier in the long term, cause we are not getting rid of our likes.

SK