Sign in to follow this  
heelman500

A Real Life Meeting

Greetings heel fans it is I, Heelman500, with another missive from the great wide world.......

Plan B (Thanks FF2) was in full force today and our intrepid adventurers (FastFreddy2 and Myself) along with our partners (Yes that's right you are reading it correctly, both wives attended and were ok with us wearing heels in public :D ) managed to unweld ourselves from our armchairs, unglue our eyes from the pc screen and venture out into the wilds of West London, a.k.a. Westfield shopping centre.

It was a lovely sunny morning as we were "Fleeced" by the car parking charges (£2.50 per hour!) and met up for a coffee and a chat at Costa coffee. I was wearing my ninewest ankle boots (Those that I bought at Debenhams on Oxford St) and FF2 a nice pair of pointed toe block heeled boots, Mrs FF2 had an exqusite pair of black calf length patent stiletto boots (Photo FF2?) but unfortunately my own good lady let the side down by wearing Uggs :rolleyes:

After a brief sojourn and introductions were made over a rather pleasant coffee, sat at an outside table for maximum viewing pleasure, we took a leisurely stroll around the quite large shopping centre and visited amongst other stores: House of Fraser, New Look, Topshop, Zara, Aldo, as well as a peek into some of the boutique stores such as Jimmy Choo, Prada etc... Well spotted FF2 as one of the assistants in Prada was wearing a pair of black Louboutin stiletto courts ... absolutely fab.... though this was the high point of the viewing day as there was a distinct lack of very nice heels about.

After a quick bite to eat it was time to depart... having spent a good three hours wandering around in heels B)

I know that my wife has totally relaxed about me wearing heels in public now B) and she was quite amused by the very occasional odd look that we got, especially as there were NO negative comments at all during our trip...

Unfortunately that was all for this trip as I did not really find much in the way to try on or buy... but we will be back in London at the end of April/ start of May so get your diaries ready because there will DEFINITELY be another expedition in the offing B)

Wow, excellent write up. :rolleyes::D

As above, apart from being "fleeced" at £2-50 an hour for parking, a great lunchtime visit. :D Maybe we shouldn't be so surprised at the parking charge if compared to the usual West Ends charges at £4 to £8 an hour for meter parking, but the West End doesn't charge on Sundays .....

It is a great venue though. Plenty of coffee stops and eateries. Plenty of seating scattered around the place. And plenty of security chappies around the place too? 'Prevention better than cure', but it is like seeing a policeman at every corner.

Shoe shopping isn't that bad either. :D On reflection we may have missed one or two of the better brands, [KG shop] and completely missed Barratts that I know we walked right past. The day wasn't just about us fellas and shoe browsing though. We did go into a number of clothes shops with the girls too. Mrs Freddy wasn't taking that part of the venture very seriously though, as her notion of clothes shopping is to 'dig in' for the day, and we just didn't have time [or money B) ] to stay the whole day.

A very enjoyable experience, and to be perfectly honest, well worth the trouble of unglueing myself from a comfy chair! I think the girls might say the same. Them having had the chance to chat (and more) about their respective partners taste in footwear. B) "We" [Mrs Freddy and myself] are looking forward to a repeat performance. B):D

Piccy of Mrs Freddy's regular shopping boots >> here << .