Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Eurovision 2018

We've all kept our diaries clear for the impending Eurovision competition... ;)  I'm soooo looking forward to the big night!  B)

12th May.

The competition is strong this year, and the UK entry ..... Well, not our worst .... :rolleyes: But we ain't winning this year. :( Again,

Edited by FastFreddy2

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

We've all kept our diaries clear for the impending Eurovision competition... ;)  I'm soooo looking forward to the big night!  B)

12th May.

The competition is strong this year, and the UK entry ..... Well, not our worst .... :rolleyes: But we ain't winning this year. :( Again,

Oh dear - a diary clash!   I've kept that evening free to watch some paint dry - so I think I'll keep to that plan.

So you don't miss the best song of the night ...

Qami = Wind.

I have read the translation of the lyrics into English. Really, really not worth reproducing here. :(

This fella appears to be an X-Factor (Armenia) winner. 

Good singer, great production on the song. The beard ain't doing it for me, but then one didn't stop Austria winning in 2014. :o

Well, it sounds pleasant enough, but it doesn't do anything for me (known what armene?).   I can't recall much on ESC that I've liked since the days of Matt Monro and Ronnie Carroll - not to speak of Brian Johnson, and Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnson.   But then little 'popular music' since c1970 appeals ... :angry:

12 hours ago, Puffer said:

Well, it sounds pleasant enough, but it doesn't do anything for me (known what armene?).   I can't recall much on ESC that I've liked since the days of Matt Monro and Ronnie Carroll - not to speak of Brian Johnson, and Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnson.   But then little 'popular music' since c1970 appeals ... :angry:

I think your taste in music was born "old".

Edited by FastFreddy2

Simply what I grew up with and (mostly) enjoyed!   Time was when singers had a song with meaningful lyrics, delivered properly and (if needed) accompanied by professional musicians.   Now, so many 'songs' are simply repetitive strings of words with little or no meaning and no discernible musical merit.

Matt Monro was widely recognised as having a fine voice.   Had he not died so young, he would surely have had a long-lasting international presence - much like SInatra (who was a fan).

Now, where did I put my Alma Cogan 78s?

Alas, the whole country has gone downhill since Grace Archer died. [Who?]

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

Simply what I grew up with and (mostly) enjoyed!   Time was when singers had a song with meaningful lyrics, delivered properly and (if needed) accompanied by professional musicians.   Now, so many 'songs' are simply repetitive strings of words with little or no meaning and no discernible musical merit.

Matt Monro was widely recognised as having a fine voice.   Had he not died so young, he would surely have had a long-lasting international presence - much like SInatra (who was a fan).

Now, where did I put my Alma Cogan 78s?

Alas, the whole country has gone downhill since Grace Archer died. [Who?]

Obviously, you are talking about a time when "talent" wasn't computer generated..... :huh:

• Haha 1