Sign in to follow this  
Tech

Legwear forum? Worth it or waste of time?

Hi Guys

So after receiving several messages from users about the possibility of a legwear forum, a cleanly run one that isnt a bolt on of some marketing company, and is managed properly, I'm just dropping a quick question to see how many others would be interested?

Yep or Nope?

11 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Might depend on exactly what 'legwear' you have in mind; please explain.

Glad I wasn't the first to ask .... ;) :D

• Like 1

Not I. 

Daring footwear is as far as my interest goes in the fashion stakes. 

(I assume you are not referring to jeans)

Edited by Shyheels

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

(I assume you are not referring to jeans)

There are at least 3 genre's under consideration: (pending confirmation)

Trousers/jeans.

Leggings/jeggings.

Tights/stockings.

Possibly OTK boots, but that ought to be covered already I would have thought.

I would not imagine over-the-knee boots would be considered anything other than boots.

And I wouldn't imagine that a forum on jeans would 'have legs' as it were - although I suppose it could be a worthwhile topic for those of us who wear boots.  

I suspect the interest factor would be the other two categories you mention - leggings/jeggings and tights/stockings neither of which appeal to me in the least.  

I agree with SH.   Any boots or other footwear is a topic to remain firmly in this forum.   Anything else has negligible interest for me - but I think it would be unfortunate if jeans, leggings, stockings etc could not be addressed at all here in future, when supplementary to footwear discussion.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Anything else has negligible interest for me - but I think it would be unfortunate if jeans, leggings, stockings etc could not be addressed at all here in future, when supplementary to footwear discussion.

I would agree, anything boot related is (already) covered here and over at HHp.

Jeans and trousers wouldn't need a separate forum, not enough interest even for women.

The same might be true of tights, no real 'specialty' interest really. However, leggings (especially the tight shiny variety), stockings (especially Fully Fashioned) might well hold enough niche interest for a completely separate forum. Plus, there'd be a fair amount of girls/women in the prospective membership.   

As you say, leggings and stockings might hold some interest for some people, and while that might, in theory, suggest a more mixed membership the sheer number - percentage-wise - of likely male members, and their particular interest in stockings and leggings would create its own dynamic and demography and probably scare off quite a few potential female members. I would imagine it would veer even closer to being a CD site than HHP does on occasion. 

Edited by Shyheels

If not the coldest, certainly one of the coldest starts to Spring on record.

A horse rider has a novel way of keeping her face warm(ish) despite the freezing conditions ....

(This is a legwear thread? :D)

49BB367100000578-5453283-Trainer_Lawney_

Trainer Lawney Hill poses for a photograph as she wears tights over her face to keep out the cold in Tetsworth today