Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

online poll

Very interesting. And not really surprising. I think there are a lot of men out there who are not happy at having to meet the quite rigid and arbitrary and arch-conservative expectations of manliness and what is appropriate for men - not just heels but attitudes and behaviour, colour choices etc. I think if given a choice a lot of men would just like to be able to take a more relaxed, less uptight and less macho approach to life

Edited by Shyheels

3 hours ago, euchrid said:

85% for yes!!!   that's a pretty good statistic :) 

Of how many respondents? :huh:

You are right that it's a good figure, especially since some the "nay's" were against anyone wearing a heel.... :rolleyes:

A somewhat pathetic poll, with most of the respondents scarcely able to marshal an argument, and seemingly semi-literate too.   The question itself does no-one any favours: 'Should men wear high heels?' implies that we are  being asked if men ought to wear them, whereas the question that really should be asked is: 'Should men be free to wear high heels if they wish?'.   

On the basis that an attempt to cast a simple yes or no vote produces a requirement to add a headline and a comment, it would appear that the responses so far are limited to those shown, i.e. fewer than 20 so far, which is far too small a sample to be truly meaningful.   I haven't voted.

Because of the global nature of the internet you will often get votes/comments etc in such polls by people from distant countries who have very limited English. 

Quite true on the sample size issue - 17 yes votes and 3 nays in 20 total respondents and you'll have 85%. Kinda meaningless. 

Edited by Shyheels

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Because of the global nature of the internet you will often get votes/comments etc in such polls by people from distant countries who have very limited English. 

Quite true on the sample size issue - 17 yes votes and 3 nays in 20 total respondents and you'll have 85%. Kinda meaningless. 

I appreciate that some respondents may have poor English skills.   But very few of them seemed able to make meaningful comments, however poorly expressed, which makes me doubt the value of anything said, beyond a simple and very subjective 'yes' or 'no'.

True. 

And alas, even amongst those who do have reasonable English skills, even native speakers, there are few who seem able to express themselves coherently or make meaningful comments or observations