Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

My Stilettos!

Well I am now the proud owner of a pair of classic black leather stiletto knee boots with 100mm - or four inch - heels, although in truth the heels on my particular pair are somewhat longer since they have been scaled up in proportion to my shoe size. The design calls for 100mm heels in a size 38, with height varying up or down with the size. They fit beautifully and are quite fun - satisfying - to wear. While I am not exactly gliding in them with catwalk grace, neither am I tottering around like newborn Bambi.   Actually I think I am not doing too badly - whatever natural ability I possess no doubt being a legacy of all the cycling, running, skiing and fencing I have done in the past. 

I bought myself a nice pair of skinny black-washed jeans to wear with them. 

My wife had been quite okay with my wearing a pair of stiletto boots but even so I was a bit apprehensive about actually wearing them around her. I needn't have been. She saw me and the first thing she said was (with something of a note of a surprise in her voice): love the boots!  love the jeans! Said they were the kind of boots she would love to wear herself had she not had her foot problems (which precludes heels altogether) We ended up having a nice conversation, very companionable. She said she genuinely liked the boots and thought I looked good in them. It meant an awful lot. She is the only person who's opinion truly matters as far as I am concerned. And she has mentioned how nice they are several times - somewhat enviously. 

And so I shall be well-heeled at work from now on!

A good result, SH; my envy is unbounded!   So we can all put things in true perspective, could you please confirm the boot size you have and the exact heel height (measured at the back).   And if you can post some pics of the boots (ideally with you wearing them in one or two), that would be equally informative.

After that, on to your next pair ... 

Size 45. And the scaled up heel height is 125mm (up from the nominal 100mm for the standard size 38)

As to pictures: I am a photographer. I am much more comfortable behind the lens rather than in front of it.

But I can tell you they are lovely looking boots - classic lines, black leather, knee height and with those (nominally) four-inch stiletto heels. And they fit beautifully.

Edited by Shyheels

My wife worked from home yesterday and we were both sitting at the kitchen table with our laptops, me in my stiletto knee boots, her in her Uggs. It was very companionable.  The weather was vile outside and as the hour approached when I would usually be going to the gym, she told me not to be silly; stay here and enjoy wearing your boots. I thought that was rather nice. Needless to say, I stayed! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

There are some really sweet people in the world. Lucky you for finding such a person. B)

Don’t  I know it! 

It has been a wonderful, companionable week.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2