Sign in to follow this  
Shyheels

Any Good New Years Resolutions?

My 'resolution' for 2018 was a complete wipe out.

Only days after I wrote up my intention, a new job took me away for more hours a week/month than either me or my employer could imagine. It's been financially rewarding, but probably cost me the best summer I will see this side of a mortuary. That meant no progress at all at Maison Freddy, and almost no recreational hours because from June/July I was working weekends + evenings too. :rolleyes: Not only did I not do my 1 hour a day, but I did significantly less than I had done in 2017. In fact I've spent so little time in heels, the last couple of times I've been out in a high heel, I've experienced discomfort in my feet. Something I just haven't experienced for around 35 years. (And back then, only because I had to stand still in a pair of high heel courts for over 2 hours.)  

A 'resolution' for 2019 might be more 'me' time. More time in heels, obviously. More time riding my new bike. More time travelling. And get the central heating replaced in my building site of a home. :o

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Like 1

I go along with Freddy's intention to enjoy more 'me time' (including a modest amount of heeling).   Although retired from gainful occupation, I have been busier than ever this last year (and before that) working on properties belonging to various members of the extended Puffer clan.   And I don't at present see much of a respite ...

34 minutes ago, Puffer said:

I go along with Freddy's intention to enjoy more 'me time' (including a modest amount of heeling).   Although retired from gainful occupation, I have been busier than ever this last year (and before that) working on properties belonging to various members of the extended Puffer clan.   And I don't at present see much of a respite ...

I will almost guarantee there will be none for you. ;) :D

My New Year's resolutions revolve mainly around finding agents and publishers for a couple of book manuscripts I have written, but also getting more mileage on my bicycle, renewing my blogging, and learning how to walk really well in my stiletto boots. For a variety of distracting reasons I have not worn them nearly as much as I had imagined I would, but I hope to do better this year. On the bright side I have worn my (flat) knee and over-the-knee boots so much they have pretty well become my standard footwear, especially this winter. My chocolate brown knee boots, worn over skinny jeans, are worn everyday.

14 hours ago, Shyheels said:

My New Year's resolutions revolve mainly around finding agents and publishers for a couple of book manuscripts I have written, but also getting more mileage on my bicycle, renewing my blogging, and learning how to walk really well in my stiletto boots. For a variety of distracting reasons I have not worn them nearly as much as I had imagined I would, but I hope to do better this year. On the bright side I have worn my (flat) knee and over-the-knee boots so much they have pretty well become my standard footwear, especially this winter. My chocolate brown knee boots, worn over skinny jeans, are worn everyday.

Your 2019 sounds interesting and exciting!

Good luck in finding this publisher, and keep us posted on the brown italians ;-)

Edited by marcelheels

16 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Only days after I wrote up my intention, a new job took me away for more hours a week/month than either me or my employer could imagine. It's been financially rewarding, but probably cost me the best summer I will see this side of a mortuary. That meant no progress at all at Maison Freddy, and almost no recreational hours because from June/July I was working weekends + evenings too. :rolleyes: 

A 'resolution' for 2019 might be more 'me' time. More time in heels, obviously. More time riding my new bike. More time travelling. And get the central heating replaced in my building site of a home. :o

That'll teach me ....

Went into work today for a meeting, to be told I'm laid off. :(  I'll have all the time I need (and probably all the energy I need too) to continue work again on Maison Freddy, as well as be able to pick up this years attempt at more "me" time. :huh: - Though not quite the way I expected it to happen ....

Or .... I could brush up my CV and look for more work. That's part time work of course. ;) 

Edited by FastFreddy2

1 hour ago, marcelheels said:

Your 2019 sounds interesting and excuting!

Good luck in finding this publisher, and keep us posted on the brown italians ;-)

Thanks!

Ive published non fiction books before - travel and “coffee table” books but this is my first attempt at fiction!

The brown knee boots referred to there are from France!

39 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

The brown knee boots referred to there are from France!

As long as they have a stiletto, I'm in, haha :-)

18 minutes ago, marcelheels said:

As long as they have a stiletto, I'm in, haha :-)

Nope, those particular boots are flat. I have brown knee boots with flat (low heel) soles and a pair of brown knee boots with 120mm stilettos.

I wear my low heeled brown knee boots everywhere, and over skinny jeans.

The boots are lovely. Custom made and fit beautifully. 

My stiletto knee boots I wear just in my home office.

2 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Nope, those particular boots are flat. I have brown knee boots with flat (low heel) soles and a pair of brown knee boots with 120mm stilettos.

I wear my low heeled brown knee boots everywhere, and over skinny jeans.

The boots are lovely. Custom made and fit beautifully. 

My stiletto knee boots I wear just in my home office.

How long can you walk in the 12 cm.??

Well, I wear them all day, but in my office I don’t walk terribly far, obviously. I eat lunch standing up, and try to get up from my desk every twenty minutes or so, and walk around, so I suppose I do a bit of walking through the day.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Well, I wear them all day, but in my office I don’t walk terribly far, obviously. I eat lunch standing up, and try to get up from my desk every twenty minutes or so, and walk around, so I suppose I do a bit of walking through the day.

You are a star!

I'm jealouse :-)

27 minutes ago, marcelheels said:

You are a star!

I'm jealouse :-)

Thank you. But I have a lot of work to do if I am ever to glide in them like some women high heeled aficionados I know!

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Thank you. But I have a lot of work to do if I am ever to glide in them like some women high heeled aficionados I know!

well...you are a man.... so why even bother?

You do what a lot of us aren't able to, nor dare!

Edited by marcelheels

I’d like to walk gracefully in them - not in a feminine way, but with masculine panache. I enjoy wearing them. Want to do it better, be fluent. Ike learning to speak another language, but without an accent. Something you Dutch people excel at!

Edited by Shyheels

9 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I’d like to walk gracefully in them - not in a feminine way, but with masculine panache. I enjoy wearing them. Want to do it better, be fluent. Ike learning to speak another language, but without an accent. Something you Dutch people excel at!

Amazing discipline you have, I like it :-)

I'd like that too; walking gracefully in them.

Something I still can't, but the idea makes me smile.

Same here. Makes me smile. I have done a lot of cycling - I mean a lot - as well as fencing when I was younger so I have strong and flexible feet and ankles which help a lot. Even when I first tried them on I could walk okay, just not with style. That’s the elusive part

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Same here. Makes me smile. I have done a lot of cycling - I mean a lot - as well as fencing when I was younger so I have strong and flexible feet and ankles which help a lot. Even when I first tried them on I could walk okay, just not with style. That’s the elusive part

you are way further than most of us, so still The Man! :-)

what about this??