Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Something special

'Alumnus' is from Latin and neither Queen's English nor American English.   Used (in the sense of 'former pupil') more in the US than in the UK, but understood in both.   But it should not be shortened to 'alum', which is another thing altogether - usually meaning potassium aluminium sulphate (UK spelling!), which inter alia [Latin again] is used in solution as a vagina tightening product (for those who might need it!   B)).   

I don't know why I should recall either the Latin or the chemistry I learned at my alma mater more than 50 years ago, but some things stay in the mind.  (My birthday was yesterday so I'm feeling my age more acutely at present!   And don't ask me what was in the news a few days ago; I've forgotten already.   :wacko:)

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

'Alumnus' is from Latin and neither Queen's English nor American English.   Used (in the sense of 'former pupil') more in the US than in the UK, but understood in both.   

Quite right.  And known in all its variations (Alumnus, Alumna, Alumni, etc) to UK university graduates since they automatically qualify , e.g.

https://www.brookesalumni.co.uk/alumni-benefits

If it isn't obvious already, 'alumnus' is the singular, 'alumni' the plural.

On a related point (touched upon above), it is more usual in the UK (rather than the US) to say that 'I graduated from university/college ...'.   Strictly, one should say (as the Yanks generally do) that 'I was graduated by my university/college ...'  as 'graduation' is the awarding of a specified 'grade' of degree or other qualification by the institution.   Much the same concept as a ruler or a thermometer being 'graduated' with discrete unit markings.

See me in my study after prayers if you seek further pedantry.

And back on the subject of the delightful, ever-smiling Mrs Beckham, I consider these shoes from her collection some of the ugliest I have seen for years - and the price (£646) is just stupid:

Victoria Beckham Pinup pumps

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

And back on the subject of the delightful, ever-smiling Mrs Beckham, I consider these shoes from her collection some of the ugliest I have seen for years - and the price (£646) is just stupid:

Well ......

You are not her target market. That will be New Yorkers, and Chinese/M.E. folk with money to burn. I agree the shoe is bug-ugly, but the heel is a signature. Anyone seen wearing a shoe with that heel, will be considered a Brand Beckham customer. I bet the shoe is really comfortable to wear though. ;) Not that you or I will ever experience wearing them. 

While it doesn't make any sense to me, buying brands in some circles is done just to show off the brand purchaser has the where-with-all to make such purchases. It's rather like Harry Enfield's 'Loads-a-money' character without the wad waving.

Have a look at these bags ....

5aa72730d8b89_Birkinbag.thumb.jpg.6212460c70677c9adbe7bb934552b227.jpg5aa72739ae394_BirkinbagII.thumb.jpg.7175e21b8bd9f64963afa47c31901881.jpg

Prices high? And these bags have been previously owned, they are not new. :o

Chances are, regular Hermes buyers/owners known to Hermes, get invited to buy special bags like these. They don't get into the shops at all. 

You've said it all, Freddy, and proved to us that the world - or at least a sizeable chunk of its population - is getting more out-of-hand by the day.   It might take another world war (God forbid - but not currently inconceivable) to shake things up and restore more rational conduct in everyday matters: 'elf and safety, rationing, law 'n' order, ... etc 

17 hours ago, Puffer said:

Victoria Beckham Pinup pumps

grotesque designer = grotesque designs

13 hours ago, Puffer said:

You've said it all, Freddy, and proved to us that the world - or at least a sizeable chunk of its population - is getting more out-of-hand by the day.   It might take another world war (God forbid - but not currently inconceivable) to shake things up and restore more rational conduct in everyday matters: 'elf and safety, rationing, law 'n' order, ... etc 

I prefer financial insanity to children being slaughtered in a war....

The LOVELY Vicky Beckham :wub:  getting her money's worth from her boots. 

4A2612BB00000578-5495151-image-a-61_1520

6 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Another older woman in heels .... :wub:

Nice!   Pamela has gone up in my estimation; she seems to wear the right sort of shoes as a matter of course.   But too young for me, naturally ...

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Combination of time away and lack of opportunity. Great photos here, and I sit looking at them and wishing I could wear those lovely stilettos. Mind you, I did drive in my 5.5 inch stilettos on Friday evening...

No idea who Emily DiDonato is ("catwalk queen"), but I like the look.

4AE7098E00000578-5588879-image-a-85_1523

Where can I get those boots? B)

No, no no.

Might look like an 80's outfit, but no, April 2018.

4AF41EC700000578-5592041-image-a-82_15234AF4201100000578-5592041-image-m-81_15234AF40DF100000578-5592041-image-m-75_1523

"Elizabeth Olsen flaunts her braless cleavage legs in plunging leather dress at star-studded Avengers: Infinity War fan event"

I corrected the headline ..... 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

No idea who Emily DiDonato is ("catwalk queen"), but I like the look.

4AE7098E00000578-5588879-image-a-85_1523

Where can I get those boots? B)

i've never heard of her either but --- wowsers!!!  that's a great overall look and the boots are luverly too.  Me want!

The 45 year old Jennifer Garner ...

4B10408E00000578-0-image-a-17_15234974414B1015C300000578-5605997-image-a-52_1523

Looks to be make-up free, but still an attractive "package" (style, shape, looks).

I don't know who this is - and don't really care (unless she happens to live in the next street):

86086488c01bc1f3f446f82ef0f5aec9.jpg

8 hours ago, Puffer said:

I don't know who this is - and don't really care (unless she happens to live in the next street):

86086488c01bc1f3f446f82ef0f5aec9.jpg

Stunning, but then many lady-boys are. :o

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Stunning, but then many lady-boys are. :o

Did you find 'her' elsewhere?   I couldn't.

43 minutes ago, Puffer said:

Did you find 'her' elsewhere?   I couldn't.

Nope .... Just thought I'd mention it ... In case anyone was getting 'carried away' .... ;) :D

I can't imagine a more 'perfect' looking set of legs, standing underneath a slim/trim body. Things that look too good to be true, usually are. :(

1 hour ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Nope .... Just thought I'd mention it ... In case anyone was getting 'carried away' .... ;) :D

I can't imagine a more 'perfect' looking set of legs, standing underneath a slim/trim body. Things that look too good to be true, usually are. :(

She's Holly Deacon---

https://www.instagram.com/hollydeacon/?hl=en

100% woman, so you can fap away with impunity.  Sorry she isn't to your "taste" Freddy :o:lol:

3 hours ago, euchrid said:

She's Holly Deacon---

https://www.instagram.com/hollydeacon/?hl=en

100% woman, so you can fap away with impunity.  Sorry she isn't to your "taste" Freddy :o:lol:

Are you sure?   I'd never heard of HD and, looking at what is online, she doesn't seem to resemble much the pic I posted above - which seems to show a much more attractive and less artificial woman than HD's pics reveal.   (And I doubt very much whether HD is '100% woman' - at least 10% of her is silicone!)