Sign in to follow this  
Tacchi Alti

Summer wear

The 'last minute' thread seems to be getting less minute by the minute, so I thought I'd start another!

It's HOT here! By some standards not at all hot but in the UK we often get humid heat, which is sweltering!

I thought I'd have a change from my wedges for relaxing at home, so have got these out of the wardrobe. Any comments on suitability for streetwear? They have 4.5 inch block heels about 1.5 inches wide. No comments on my held-in paunch, please!

PICT2048a.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

No comments on my held-in paunch, please!

What about the moobs? ;)  :D The legs are in good shape though. :P

Those shoes look very wearable in this weather. You seem to have less trouble being spotted than I do, so suitability might be higher for you than it would be for me. :huh: Put another way, I'm sure I'd be spotted by everyone who saw me.

I'm wondering if I walk badly in a heel? :o Or am I a bit heavy footed?

I'm currently rubbing down floorboards. Am very wet despite the shorts and sandals. I have at least 2 jobs waiting for me that involves working outside. Not in this weather. It's like an oven outside. "Sweltering" is right. On the couch again tonight. :rolleyes: Hopefully some respite (mid twenties) tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

What about the moobs? ;)  :D The legs are in good shape though. :P

Ah c'mon, I'm only size A cup size... Thanks for the compliment on my legs! Much cooler today, so I suppose you might be doing the outdoor jobs, although it sounds as though a thunderstorm is brewing here (south coast). I'm currently wearing these in the office but will change into shoes to go shopping later! I need longer trousers for these, but I don't think many people WOULDN'T notice me wearing them even with floor-length boot-cut jeans, as they definitely modify the way I walk.

Pict2059a.jpg

I've a 'thing' for cork wedges. Mrs Freddy can't be doing with them (dunno why) but I like them. Possibly I have subliminal memories of a girlfriend wearing them in my otherwise forgotten past .... They have the feel of holidays about them, summer, pleasant times.... B)

• Like 1

Nice sandals, Russ, but wouldn't you feel conspicuous going out with that patchwork box on your head?  :lol:

Wedge sandals are usually a great look on women, assuming they are not too clumpy.   It is a look that should pass muster on men too - I wish.   Wedges were about the only footwear (apart from flat or nearly flat flip-flops and similar sandal styles) in evidence during my holiday last week in Mallorca, although I expect that a few stilettos came out after dark, well past my bedtime.

My new hairstyle...

I love wedges but it's extremely difficult to get anything these days without a platform. I don't mind platforms, and love the feel of walking in them, but I think they make the shoe/sandal look more feminine than I want.