Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

Rock 'n Roll 'n Heels

Had a terrific outing yesterday.  propping up the bar and rocking out in the crowd at Camden Underworld in 5" stiletto boots.

i spent the entire evening at the gig wearing them, changing into them immediately on arrival.

i quite amazed myself actually, negotiating the hardwood floors & a flight of steps down to the stage area whilst carrying two full pints!!!  

In no way would the heels have gone unnoticed but no comments or 'looks' came my way. No pointing or or snickering going on either as far as I could tell, even when standing at the urinals in them, the boots fully exposed at that point due to my jean bottoms getting 'hitched up' on the decorative strap/buckles!

in those places, people just really don't care what others are doing.  I was more concerned about what my drinking buddy thought about it than what all those strangers were thinking.  Of course, my buddy being a decent chap, he had no issues with it whatsoever - and it's not the first time he's seen me 'heeling'.   

So, to those of you desperate to wear heels in public but still 'hiding away', just get yourself to a rock gig and start living your life!

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a very pleasant evening. 

An evening spent in 5" stiletto boots would be a pretty decent athletic challenge if nothing else!

Did you wear your jeans over your boots or under? Or were they ankle boots?

Edited by Shyheels

Ankle boots with jeans worn (mostly) over.  I will post a picture to illustrate when I get a chance.

36 minutes ago, euchrid said:

Ankle boots with jeans worn (mostly) over.  I will post a picture to illustrate when I get a chance.

Ankle boots with five inch stilettos must be kind of hard to find!

7 hours ago, euchrid said:

Had a terrific outing yesterday.  propping up the bar and rocking out in the crowd at Camden Underworld in 5" stiletto boots.

i spent the entire evening at the gig wearing them, changing into them immediately on arrival.

Walking around Camden high street in heels, is an invitation to a broken ankle, "cobbles R us" innit.

Well done you. B) Heels and alcohol? Plainly a man who likes to live dangerously;) :P :D

1 hour ago, euchrid said:

Easy to find online.  Not so common in the high street shops though.

I've never seen any in shops, that's for sure. Five inch heels in general are not often met with.

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I've never seen any in shops, that's for sure. Five inch heels in general are not often met with.

I've some bought from Topshop. (Two pairs, both unworn.)

590bae56f0c17_Topshopankleboot.jpg.fb8c48b33ed8036f897184bf1c3757aa.jpg

From KG .... (Three pairs, one worn, maybe two. My favourite shoe to wear - of all time.)

These shoes have a hidden rise in the heel cup. I keep meaning to do a thread on these.

590baf50f1411_KGshoe-boot.jpg.2e5a101fa684fd9a8731d630d849380c.jpg

From Carvela. (A KG brand.) (One pair, unworn.)

590bb06e43758_Carvelaankleboot.jpg.1ae97b5c60164af92b136818d41c663c.jpg

If we were talking women's shoes with 5" heels, these are still available in the high street.

590bb1852bed4_OfficeHampton.jpg.4d73e228a7f95bdb9b2442dc6dfd052b.jpg

"House of CB" a favourite of Norvern WAGS and Z-listers from (cough) "reality" shows, has a range of 5" heels seen in their own shop (Stratford) and some Topshop stores (Oxford Street).

590bb3f2ed89e_HouseofCBcourtshoe.jpg.c173e5bb1da5efb8825edcdaf6c528d7.jpg

Their web site, always worth the occasional glance. B) 

Well- you got me!

I guess that's because I don't actually go shopping for heels but notice, or not, as I stroll past shops...

I certainly seldom see five inch stilettos actually being worn, outside of magazine images 

Edited by Shyheels

Well done, Euchrid!   But it would have been better going (and better looking) if a REAL 5" rise - i.e. no platform.   :wacko:

Nice selection, Freddy.   Imho, the Carvela boot is the most elegant. :)

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I certainly seldom see five inch stilettos actually being worn, outside of magazine images 

Spend a couple of hours in Selfridges, Oxford Street. The ground floor make-up section worth a wander, as is the shoe concessions on I think on the 2nd floor. I seldom fail to see 'entertainment' in these two locations.

The high street shoe store Schuh, carry a small range of MISSGUIDED courts, which are close to being 5" high.

I suspect shoes this high are usually worn in 'social' situations. Weddings, night clubs, when worn by younger women? And theatres, 'openings' of plays/restaurants etc where the paparazzi are likely to be searching for WAGS and Z-listers.

Posted elsewhere but worth a second look .... Kym Marsh likes a heel ....

590c460e122a3_KymMarshinOfficeTottercourts-small.jpg.81e066a914499e69f6c4f19d2f5cb0dd.jpg

Seen here wearing Office Totter, the previous version of the Hampton posted earlier.

The lovely Abbey Clancy is seldom caught without a very high heel on.

590c4695a1fa5_AbbeyClancy-Brits2017x2.thumb.jpg.daf37a93560293530303acaf5f55952b.jpg

Unlike some of the Z-listers, hers will not be 'knock-offs' of originals. She even wears a high heel when presenting on day time TV. (I may be able to add a picture later.)

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Well done, Euchrid!   But it would have been better going (and better looking) if a REAL 5" rise - i.e. no platform.   :wacko:

Nice selection, Freddy.   Imho, the Carvela boot is the most elegant. :)

Don't underestimate the challenge of a platform. The only pair of shoes I own I KNOW I can't walk in properly, have a hidden platform. :huh:

I might agree the Carvela ankle boots shown do look the most élégante, but the KG's with the slightly bulbous toe are a joy to wear, as long as you are not intending to go anywhere quickly. I really should get around to doing a review, though they haven't been available for at least 6 years. At least one pair I have here are boxed/new and would be the very last pair of shoes I would give up. :wub: 

The second to last pair to go, would be some 130mm high courts from Kurt Geiger, again bought from the high street

590c49e89239b_KurtGeiger-Cilla240.jpg.4b49c97600a39637610e65e8cab086d2.jpg

A set-back heel, which makes it hard to walk in, and plenty of toe cleavage to be had .... (Two pairs, unworn of course.)

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Don't underestimate the challenge of a platform. The only pair of shoes I own I KNOW I can't walk in properly, have a hidden platform. :huh:

I don't underestimate the challenge of walking in a platform; I'm not surprised to know that such is often the case.   My comment was primarily aimed at the appearance; few platforms are attractive to my eyes, although Euchrid's boots were not nearly as 'bottom heavy' as many.   And the platform may significantly reduce the effective rise of a boot or shoe, so making the stated '5" heel' (or whatever) somewhat less of an achievement than this measurement suggests.   But, each to his own ...

Not a fan of platforms either. I like the cleaner lines without.

The Carvelas (above) would be much more challenging for an evening  I should think, given the full five inch height. 

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

The Carvelas (above) would be much more challenging for an evening  I should think, given the full five inch height. 

They are not-so-bad. The KG's with the "hidden" raised cup, are more difficult to walk around in, but oddly, more comfortable. That might be, because there is significantly more room in the toe-box, and it points slightly upward. (A rolling foot motion is easier to achieve.) I really should make the effort, to do a full review of them. :huh:

4 minutes ago, FastFreddy2 said:

They are not-so-bad. The KG's with the "hidden" raised cup, are more difficult to walk around in, but oddly, more comfortable. That might be, because there is significantly more room in the toe-box, and it points slightly upward. (A rolling foot motion is easier to achieve.) I really should make the effort, to do a full review of them. :huh:

A review would be interesting. You seem to have a large enough collection and enough experience to review with authority. I have virtually zero experience, other than with flattish (low/standard) heeled otk boots!

On 2017-5-6 at 11:20 AM, Shyheels said:

A review would be interesting. You seem to have a large enough collection and enough experience to review with authority. I have virtually zero experience, other than with flattish (low/standard) heeled otk boots!

Thank you. Potentially one of the most flattering remarks ever made in my direction. Sadly, one I can't boast about, even in my small social circle. ;) :D

I've been wearing a shoe with a heel (starting with my mothers wedge heeled open mules) on and off for more than 50 years. If I hadn't picked up something during that length of time (and volume of shoes worn) it would be a very disappointing situation. :huh: Luckily for me, my feet have remained small enough to allow me plenty of choice with high-street shoes, and the condition of my feet haven't been too badly re-shaped altered to affect their overall functionality. I do have a little problem with one toe, but it usually shows itself while wearing loose fittings mens shoes??? Weird. Age, is of course having some effect. I can't wear a heel quite as high as I used to, 30 years ago, but many other people my age (usually women) would be saying the same thing if asked. 

I'll try to get the review done this week. :)

Edited by FastFreddy2

I shall look forward to your reviews. 

It is odd, when you think about it, that heels should be the big taboo that they are, especially since they were originally considered masculine.

• Like 1