Sign in to follow this  
Puffer

At the supermarket

It has been very quiet here lately and it would be good to see some more activity.   Much the same has been true recently of my heeling; opportunities have been limited and I haven't made much of an effort either.

A couple of days ago, I had reason to go to the next town to do some shopping at a large supermarket not represented close to home.   I decided to dust-off my Miguel Jones ankle boots (pointed toes and 5" heels) and wear them under boot-cut jeans which conceal about half of the heel whilst standing, although very little whilst walking or sitting.   The expedition went well enough, although I was rather glad of the support given by my small trolley towards the end of my shopping when my ankles were getting a little tired - more practice is clearly needed!   Was I spotted?   I don't think so, although the heels would have been pretty obvious to anyone looking when I was crouching or reaching and my trouser leg got pulled up.   I didn't really care - heels or not, they were men's boots, made for me and my choice to wear.   My only fear was bumping into someone I knew - unlikely at that location although an ex-neighbour does now live close to that store - when neither concealment nor explanation would have been at all easy.

These are my boots - sorry the pic is not very clear; I will try soon to take some whilst wearing them:

Jones3.jpg

1 hour ago, Heels said:

I,ve stopped posting on here as no one responds.

No, you haven't - and oh yes they do!

Only a couple of members on here respond. It would be nice to know what  shoes other members on here are buying and wearing but they don.t share.

Responding to posts is something I do rarely unless the topic is of interest to me directly. I do enjoy your adventures out and about, so keep it up.

I think this forum stays on the down low because the main site is so active.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:17 AM, Puffer said:

It has been very quiet here lately ....

it's always been quiet here.  Heels4Men has a relatively tiny number of members and few of those ever post anything.

i think for a time this forum was just a refuge for those people kicked out of HH Place, or who were unaware of HH Place's existance.

That said, HH Place is a shadow of its former self.  Nothing particularly interesting or eventful gets posted on it, hence many (all?) of the 'old guard' have long gone now. Fresh start needed I reckon, and serial irritant members (all boards/forums have those) should be ejected on a '3-strikes, you're out' basis.  People who bang on about skirts for a start!

3 hours ago, euchrid said:

it's always been quiet here.  Heels4Men has a relatively tiny number of members and few of those ever post anything.

i think for a time this forum was just a refuge for those people kicked out of HH Place, or who were unaware of HH Place's existance.

That said, HH Place is a shadow of its former self.  Nothing particularly interesting or eventful gets posted on it, hence many (all?) of the 'old guard' have long gone now. Fresh start needed I reckon, and serial irritant members (all boards/forums have those) should be ejected on a '3-strikes, you're out' basis.  People who bang on about skirts for a start!

Well said!   I'm not sure what is happening on HHP but I agree that it seems to have lost its way and the extreme behaviour and views of some make me feel uncomfortable at times.   That said, there are a few regular members who post intelligent, literate and thoughtful comments which are worth reading.   It seems that a hard core of long-standing members (mostly moderators) jumped ship a year or more ago, for reasons never explained as far as I can see.   Presumably some sort of 'management dispute', the nature of which must be speculative but is not perhaps hard to divine.

It would though be good if the more moderate and restrained blokes who have posted here on H4M would continue to share their thoughts and exploits with the rest of us from time to time. 

I will admit to being guilty of helping this to be quiet, as I haven't logged on for a while! I'm in my daily heels but hoping to wear stilettos on Saturday at a pub meeting in Brighton. I'll go in by bus with my public heels and change into my 5.5 inch courts when I arrive.Interesting about HHP. I used to go on it a lot but now don't find it very inspiring. In my view it's never been the same since the interface was changed several years ago.

I just by chance happen to check in this afternoon. It has been nearly a year since I looked in or posted - and looking at the dates of the most recent posts on most of the threads, nearly all of them last year, I remember why. Nothing ever happens here. It is dead in the water.  

Well, I suppose it's as dead or alive as we make it. If none of us contribute it's going to be dead! I'm as guilty in this as any, as I hadn't logged in for weeks. Perhaps we need a think about what we want and what we're prepared to contribute to. There are at least two heels for men groups on FB, which are very much alive so why not this site? One thing that would help a lot is larger file size possible. It's a pain trying to upload pics here as very few are under 0.5 meg without editing

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I just by chance happen to check in this afternoon. It has been nearly a year since I looked in or posted - and looking at the dates of the most recent posts on most of the threads, nearly all of them last year, I remember why. Nothing ever happens here. It is dead in the water.  

You were quite a regular poster last year, Shyheels, so the overall silence owes something to you.   Have you nothing new to declare?

2 hours ago, Russ in boots said:

Well, I suppose it's as dead or alive as we make it. If none of us contribute it's going to be dead! I'm as guilty in this as any, as I hadn't logged in for weeks. Perhaps we need a think about what we want and what we're prepared to contribute to. There are at least two heels for men groups on FB, which are very much alive so why not this site? One thing that would help a lot is larger file size possible. It's a pain trying to upload pics here as very few are under 0.5 meg without editing

Yes, the board is only going to be as good as its contributors make it.   We shouldn't need to go elsewhere and, although I'm no expert with pics, I can't see why the file size should be a problem - my pic above was half the limit.

When I was active it seemed like there were only two other people who ever posted. There was no sense of a 'forum'. And even then most of the sub forums had been gathering thick dust, not posted in for months, even years. Just look down the list of sub-forums right now - check out the dates of the most recent posts. Most are from last year. The 'new' ones date from January this year, nearly two months ago

And look at the number of overall topics. I think when I stopped coming here there was something like 905 total topics on the board, according to the counter on the right. The vast majority of those topics and threads were mothballed long ago and are long out of date. Jump forward a year and the grand total of topics is 908 - that's three new topics opened up in a year. 

I don't see why file size of pics should pose the least problem.

It is the posts themselves. Somebody posts a pic of their boots or sandals or what-have-you. Six months later somebody else posts beneath it and says "cool' or gives some other brief anodyne response. Not exactly the feast of reason and the flow of soul, is it?

Edited by Shyheels

Well said, Shyheels; cool!   Given your final sentence, I suggest we should have a prose and poetry topic to sharpen our minds.

Shyheels. I agree with you about what the site has become - obviously most people have voted with their (high heeled) feet. Re file size, the max is about a quarter of a typical file size taken with my phone or camera, which means that if I want to post a photo I have to edit it first, probably decreasing the size in order to bring the number of pixels down. So nothing can be spontaneous - I have to download the file to the computer, open it on Paint Shop Pro, crop it and probably then still have to reduce the size to bring the number of pixels down enough.

So what do peeps suggest? Keep wringing our hands and blame everyone else, or make something of the site?

Next question: what?

And I agree with you that pic size can be tricky - I shoot with a pro DSLR and I wouldn't even bother trying to cut the pics down to size. Not that I would be ever likely to post pics of myself on here, or indeed anywhere. My philosophy is to be behind the camera rather than in front of it.  

I shall try to think up something to post...

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Well said, Shyheels; cool!   Given your final sentence, I suggest we should have a prose and poetry topic to sharpen our minds.

Interesting idea! Let me give it some thought...

It's my experience, people used to 'keeping a secret' are seldom gregarious, outgoing people. I suppose politicians and actors might be notable exceptions, but there are fewer still of those here....

Am I wrong in thinking that for a large part of their lives, men into wearing a heel or any attire that might be considered something outside their gender group, have become 'expert' at hiding their real self? In that light, are we expecting too much from the membership here? In times gone past, I have started several/many topics that were nothing to do with men-in-heels, that for the most part got nowhere. Seems to me, many who could contribute, are here to look at heels, maybe hear about them, and very little else.

In many respects, this forum could only be filled with one of two categories by each member: (i) stuff we do, or (ii) stuff we are interested in.

My interests are: Buying/wearing heeled shoes and boots. Photography (image recording.) Anything DIY or building related. Off-road cycling (roads are far too dangerous.) Some music (got a pathological dislike of anything related to rock or heavy metal.) Used to quite like dancing (mostly informal, but also enjoyed formal for the couple of weeks I did it.) Like to visit places of interest, especially if water is around. Quite like to eat cake. The list is not necessarily in order of precedence of course..... Ooopsy. And I take an interest in politics... and films. I like social interaction, but at my age, that mostly means funerals.

I've pretty much started topics on all of those, and 'stuff' I've done or intend to do. I'm a bit disappointed Heels has said "no-one responds" as my pseudonym is plainly "no-one". I've responded the backside off just about every post made, trying to encourage further participation.  

I quite like this place, it's full of individuals who have 'ploughed their own furrow' which should mean people here have interesting and enlightening experiences to share....

Maybe not? :(

Well, at least this has spurred a few contributions! Regarding hiding our true selves, I'd have hoped that this site would be a safe place for people to pour out their troubles and/or give advice and support. After all, it happens on a lot of sites catering to what certain members of 'society' regard as 'perversions.' There are two quite lively FB groups I belong to, where there are contributions by quite a few people. As you might expect, most are from a handful of people but at least you know others are looking at them as there are often lots of likes.

I'm not suggesting this should be like FB - just giving an example of active groups. Unfortunately everything comes down to apathy, and it's more effort to keep things going here, actually having to log on specifically, than just to see group FB messages amongst others you'd log on to see anyway. I have a Russboots FB account quite separate from my main one but there are several groups I'm in, and of course private messages are easy and quick.

Social media has moved on, whether we like it or not, and also I find sites like this difficult to navigate on my phone.

One thing that didn't help in my case was that it took almost a year to be accepted onto this site after I'd sent a request! I wonder how many others were keen but just filed in the in tray for months. I was in contact with another member here during that time, and I gather there were quite a few whose requests were just ignored or 'lost'. I almost didn't bother when I was finally granted access - I felt like telling Tech to get stuffed. He'll probably chuck me out now...

I have no involvement in any 'social media', nor do I intend it.   I can see its appeal but I consider it intrusive and time-wasting.   Nor do I access the internet other than through a PC, so connecting to and navigating a site like this presents no problems.

I agree that the 'sign-up' process for this site was both protracted and off-putting and, unless it can be streamlined, it will likely deter newcomers.   Counter-productive all round.

Yes, it took me several months to get on board and I very nearly gave up and stopped checking in. That is surely a barrier.

One of the things I like about this forum is that it genuinely seems more for guys who like heels - or tall boots in my case - as guys, without all the CD talk and skirts and make-up and handbags etc you find on HHP. I have no interest in any of that stuff at all. I like wearing my boots and dressing in what I would consider a tasteful and indeed conservative masculine manner.  I do not see my fashion choices for tall boots to be the least bit perverse or fetishy. 

I am not on any social media - such as Facebook - and have absolutely no interest in joining up. 

Edited by Shyheels

On 22/03/2017 at 9:04 AM, Shyheels said:

Yes, it took me several months to get on board and I very nearly gave up and stopped checking in. That is surely a barrier.

One of the things I like about this forum is that it genuinely seems more for guys who like heels - or tall boots in my case - as guys, without all the CD talk and skirts and make-up and handbags etc you find on HHP. I have no interest in any of that stuff at all. I like wearing my boots and dressing in what I would consider a tasteful and indeed conservative masculine manner.  I do not see my fashion choices for tall boots to be the least bit perverse or fetishy. 

I am not on any social media - such as Facebook - and have absolutely no interest in joining up. 

Then here is the ideal place for you and Puffer to chat to each other... I agree with what you say about the genuineness. In the FB groups I mentioned there are always posts from people who seem to think they're like any of the myriad groups aimed at CDs, but in general things keep mainly to heels with men's clothes.

Yes, that is one of the nice things about this place - the fact that it is just for guys who happen to like heels or boots without going in for all this CD stuff. HHP is supposedly a fashion site but, geez, some of the stuff that appears there!

At present there is a deeply offensive photo on one of the HHP threads, utterly inappropriate for anything like a family friendly site (which is what HHP purports to be) and although I reported it, and others probably have as well, judging by the comments, nothing has been done to remove it.  It has been up there a week now.  Its continued presence on the forum is certainly making me re-think my involvement there.

Edited by Shyheels

I keep away from the groups on Facebook about heel wearing. It just to public for me and I don't want any of my friends know I wear heels. It's not that difficult to post photos on here once you found a good photo editing software.  Which can be found for free on the internet.