Sign in to follow this  
Heels

Where do you store or hide your collection of heels?

I try to store my collection under my bed but tend to keep  them on my bed room floor. I tend to keep the heels  I wear the most on the floor and only put them away when I have a tidy up or I have visiters. 

Would be nice someday to store my collection like this.

12790982_917871568310337_8548741945377560446_n.jpg

The idea of storing shoes in this way seems attractive, but given how many pairs on show in the picture above have red soles (Loubies), I suspect this showcase has another purpose other than making a shoe choice easy.

I am beginning to understand I have two classes of shoe/boot ownership. The ones I wear, which might be as few as 5 pairs of boots, and then the others. I discount any I will be selling on, as these now 'enthusiastic but regretful purchases' that hindsight suggests I might have been better to avoid. This includes boots I might have paid upto £120 for (fired by enthusiasm for the style) only to find they are all but unwearable in the circumstance I would want to use them. 

The second group then, are the style keepers. These might be shoes or boots I think are keep-able (at the moment at least) because of their atheistic appeal. Nearly all the court shoes I have for example, fall into this group, barring one pair that I hope/expect to wear out at some stage. Certainly my KG Cilla fall into this group. The stupidly high Forever 21 sandals with small platform (I struggle to walk in) are included, as are a pair of black patent courts from Office with a heel as high as the Cilla at 5¼ inches. A showcase for these might be nice, but not in an area where visitors would feel like they had walked into a 'den of iniquity', or anything like it. So possibly a bedroom, or somewhere that wasn't likely to see anyone other myself and Mrs Freddy (or even just myself). B)

On 10/04/2016 at 2:09 AM, miltboot said:

I live alone (and have for quite some time) so "hiding" my heels isn't an issue. ;-) 

There are one or two benefits to a singular life. Not having to hide a preferred dress style is one of them, though I realise your footwear choices are not hidden as such. B)

On 3/13/2016 at 12:17 PM, Heels said:

I try to store my collection under my bed but tend to keep  them on my bed room floor. I tend to keep the heels  I wear the most on the floor and only put them away when I have a tidy up or I have visiters. 

Would be nice someday to store my collection like this.

12790982_917871568310337_8548741945377560446_n.jpg

I rented a small space in the M3 selfstorage ;-)

I store all my shoes in shoe boxes, believe me they take up a lot of wardrobe space, underbed space, in fact any space in the bedroom seems to have shoes allocated to it.

I keep mine in my wardrobe - I don't have many - half a dozen pairs - but since they are tall boots (and a large size) they take up a fair bit of room!