Sign in to follow this  
mk_ls

Why I wear heels

"Why I wear heels?"

I think in my younger days (pre 8 years old), I would get (I suspect sexually) excited wearing a heel. Just putting on a pair of my mother's shoes would do something I liked. I wasn't aware of the 'why', just that it did. Looking back, it might have been the wrongness of it. At the time I knew there were physical differences between the sexes, but was not aware of the why's of the differences. I would have been aware I preferred the look of how women dressed, to how men dressed. In hindsight, would that have also indicated my sexual preferences too? Women were attractive, men (much) less so.

Fast forward another 4 to 6 years, I enjoyed a very physical response to wearing a high heel. As reported elsewhere, I would put one of my mothers heeled shoes inside another to get a slightly more challenging heel to walk in. My 'top shelf' reading material would have included ladies wearing heels. Over a number of years, perhaps formative years, I might have been 'trained' into connecting high heels with sexual activity.

Fast forward perhaps another 30 years, and partners were no longer wearing heels because they could no longer tolerate wearing them (for the most part). I had experience or wearing them, and had few social barriers (within my immediate personal relationships) and thought I might like a pair to wear for my personal pleasure.... That didn't involve anything to do with sex.

Not only did I enjoy wearing a heel, it felt like I'd found again, a pair of old slippers that had always been the most comfortable thing I'd ever had on my feet. While it might surprise some, the immediate sexual connotation was almost gone, and certainly gone in the practical sense. It was like smelling my favourite perfume again after a long abstinence, or like sipping a very cold drink on a very warm day. 

While wearing a high heel isn't normal, probably isn't natural to anyone, it does, and always has felt that way to me.

This interest has not been, nor is it "plain sailing". It means I have a secret life, with few I can share it with. I remember vividly, the day I discovered HHp and H4M. For a start it meant I was significantly less weird than I felt. My subsequent Evilbay sales, have also indicated to me, that men interested in heels (for whatever reason) is more prolific than I ever considered possible. I have seen a man out in heels (who I approached - with sadly no positive response) and another man I conversed with, while he tried on several pairs of women's shoes in a store during a sale period. While I can't wear heels to my local Tesco (though I did once) or ASDA (though I did once) I no longer feel as isolated as I might, with my high heel (wearing) interest. While a man enjoying a heel isn't exactly mainstream, it isn't unique either. I don't mind being a member of a relatively small group.... I do wish I didn't need to be so secretive about it though. It's not too high a price to pay, all things considered. I get out when I want for the most part, and wear a heel when I want, for the most part. As with my recent Lakeside visit, being out in a heel brings some inner contentment I'm not sure I would otherwise enjoy.

I'm not sure why .... 

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

As Forum moderators/Administrators will tell you, there are often a core set of queries that get asked ALL the time, despite the question being asked several times before. On another Forum (nothing to do with shoes), I can remember a particular question being asked EVERY month, despite every previous page of that particular section having within it, that same question. (Bit like on a camera Forum, where "Nikon vs Canon, which is best?" Might get asked every single week

So I was looking for something else, and I ran past this. I've added a post because those who search for unread posts as I do, will get the chance to read some additional contributions from those who are no longer active members. B)

My story reads the same, though this version might be more detailed. :huh:

On 02/04/2017 at 6:15 AM, Shyheels said:

(That said, in an hour of watching peak hour crowds go by in Victoria Station on a Friday night - thousands of passers by; and a pretty good mix of city folk of all manner and stripe - I saw maybe four pairs of stilettos in all, none taller than, say, 3.5 inches) 

I was driving into the West End last Tuesday evening along Marylebone Road and saw a woman leave Regents Park Station and cross the road about two car lengths in front of me, while I was stopped at traffic lights in a queue. She looked dressed for work (might have had a briefcase or something similar) and wore court shoes with at least a 4½" heel. Glad I don't work in the same place. Me dragging my tongue around the floor could prove embarrassing. ;) :D  

I guess it is a bit like seeing people who are seven feet tall - they are out there, but you just don't see them often.

10 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I guess it is a bit like seeing people who are seven feet tall - they are out there, but you just don't see them often.

It helps if you are looking out for 7 footers, or any of life's little peculiarities. (More on this later today.)