Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

Will have to confirm.

At the momet I think I've got a 'sty', but when I visited the pharmacist tonight, she wasn't so sure. I've had shingles on my face before, and the only thing that concerned the doctors then, was it getting to my eye.

Too late to see a doctor at my local surgery, the NHS 'drop in centre' was too busy .... I've got a phonecall to make [NHS Helpline], then the only solution is visiting A+E at the local hospital.

Originally I thought 'bit of ointment' on my lower lid, and I'd be away and happy. :roll:

Hi,

Ok, well keep us posted, I hope you get it sorted out soon, nothing worse than feeling under the weather, I will keep an eye on this post, (no phun intended) just in case anyone else would like to meet up.

I could do with a trip to Primark...

V

A phone call and an hour later, I ended up at the 'Out of hours' surgery.

An hour later still, I got a prescription for the very product I'd gone to the pharmacy for earlier. A futher hour later, I'd bought the same product across the counter for

I,ll be up for a heel meet during the xmas holidays, when the sales are on. Southampton is easy to get to but Westfield would be Ok as well

I,ll be up for a heel meet during the xmas holidays

Me also as well!

London ideal - Oxford, MK, Hemel or Watford also good :roll::roll::cool:

Me also as well!

London ideal - Oxford, MK, Hemel or Watford also good :-P;):-)

Not sure what the plans are for the xmas break, but now you come to mention it Hemel is a plan, they have a primark as well :-) but not for next week, I think I will stick to my MK plans.

Just thought I may find some heels there at a good price..

V

....... but now you come to mention it Hemel is a plan, they have a primark as well :-) but not for next week....

Not sure HH is worth a visit. True they have a Primark, but the one at Watford is significantly more useful, and it has a better range of other shops there too. The only other store of note at HH, is the HUGE New Look that's mostly useful during sale times. :-P

Don't forget Brent Cross. Bottom of the M1, a wide range of fashion and shoe shops (no Primark), and plenty of places for a bit of R+R. ;)

MK has it all. Not that I'm a fan, as the layout means you need personal transport to get from John Lewis to Debenhams - some 2 miles between. :-) [Just seems like it when you're wearing heels!]

Well Mk's worth a visit

I have seen posts where people have gone to meets and not been wearing heels ! what is all that about?.

I guess you will be wearing if we meet?

My avatar is an example of what I will be wearing...

V

Milton Keynes is to far away for me. As for the other places Westfield still has the most shoe shops and I think Westfield is still the best place to go shopping.

Milton Keynes is to far away for me. As for the other places Westfield still has the most shoe shops and I think Westfield is still the best place to go shopping.

Westfield is an attractive place, but I don't imagine I'll be spending much time/money there. I'm just not that impressed with the shops. I quite like to eat at the 'street' restaurants though. It's almost like being at a cafe somewhere warm, watching people stroll past?

I'll be in MK on Thursday morning. If anyone is around.

If I remember, vee6 can make Thursday too?

It's a bit more than an hours drive for me, so hardly 'around te corner' but if the three of us can arrange something, I'm up for it?

MK is over 90 miles from me and there is no way I can week days unless I book the day off about 3 weeks before hand.

There isn't anywhere in London, that isn't closer to me than MK. I'm up Oxford Street most weeks, and even visit Westfield (under duress) from time-to-time.

Euchrid has been to London too a couple of times. When don't you try to organise a meet with 3 or 4 of us somewhere in London? Time's getting short before Christmas, but the stores are staying open late already, maybe working up to a shopping fenzy expected mid-to-late December. :-P For example, although House of Fraser was open to 10pm last Thursday, Debenhams were still open later....

Westfield is an attractive place, but I don't imagine I'll be spending much time/money there. I'm just not that impressed with the shops. I quite like to eat at the 'street' restaurants though. It's almost like being at a cafe somewhere warm, watching people stroll past?

If I remember, vee6 can make Thursday too?

It's a bit more than an hours drive for me, so hardly 'around te corner' but if the three of us can arrange something, I'm up for it?

Yep I may be able to do Westfield on Thursday if you folks are up for it, maybe get up there for lunch time, 12:00 for - 1pm - 2pm so we can make the most of the food outlet's as it seems they are the best attractions.

Will probably not buy much.

Let me know what you want to do, can still do mk tues/wed day if you want FF.

V

Let me know what you want to do, can still do mk tues/wed day if you want FF.

V

I think there's been some confusion ....

Shyguy can make MK during Thursday am, and I've confirmed I can make it there too .... if you two are looking for coffee, chat, walk.

Heels, wants to meet at Westfield, (I think) outside of working hours. I've confirmed I'm up for something along the same line, though the only interest Westfield has for me, is food. :-P I'd prefer a London meet (if I had a choice) in/around/along Oxford Street during the evening. More 'big-store' choice, and they are open later, especially during December.

The thing is we don,t have to stay at westfield and I would like to have a walk about around Oxford street. Since I,ve never been there. I,m only after a pair of boots at the moment from next but I can get them closer to home any way, I hope. Haven,t much more to space to buy any more shoes. Ideal time would be a meet up at around noon but I can be flexable on this. Same with the day. I,ve got 11 days off from christmas eve. Which means I can go any time then.

vee6. I had also planned go to Southampton during the christmas break. I know you live not to far away in Reading. Fancy a meet up then?

Hi,

sorry for the confusion, ok thursday it is at MK, what time is best for you folks?

V

SHYGUY! :-)

The thing is we don,t have to stay at westfield and I would like to have a walk about around Oxford street. Since I,ve never been there.

Ideal time would be a meet up at around noon but I can be flexable on this. Same with the day. I,ve got 11 days off from christmas eve. Which means I can go any time then.

vee6. I had also planned go to Southampton during the christmas break. I know you live not to far away in Reading. Fancy a meet up then?

Lives near Reading? The place that's seen me at least 5 times in the last 2 months? :-P

I won't be using public transport to go anywhere. Getting to Westfield, even during the day, is quicker for me by car. 2 hours free parking continues until Christmas I think....

I doubt I'll want to travel into the West End from there during the day by car, and paying

Hi,

was there a time chosen for Thursday MK meet up. I suspect I will end up wit 2hr max parking, so won't want to miss the meet up..

If we don't then just look for the man in heels :-P

V

I'll be in MK Centre at around 9:30 -11:30 on Thursday. Mrs Shyguy announced that she has arranged to come home early so we can go shopping together. That means I have to be home in time too. Don't know how that fits with anyone else.

I'll be in MK Centre at around 9:30 -11:30 on Thursday.

Getting there for 9.30am might be a bit of a stretch, but if that's definitely happening, I'll travel there too. :-P

OK, a bit earlier than I had planned, I may not make 09:30, but will be there as soon as I can. Will the shops be open then?, not that I plan on buying much, maybe we can make it brunch instead of lunch.

Any particular meeting place in the Centre, I guess we could wander about for a couple of hours and not meet up? even with my Heel Radar on :-P

Hope to see you both tomorrow...

V

Good meeting up with you, Fashionably late Freddy and Vee6. Sorry couldn't stay a bit longer but have to keep the wife happy. Hope to see you all again sometime.

BTW some nice boots both of you.

Thanks Shyguy,

it was good to meet up with you too, maybe we should have hung arround and met up with you and the wife later, so she could see we were normal people really..

I don't get that many oportunities to meet up, but glad we all made the effort and hope to do it again one day, I will let you know when the next oportunity is.

V