Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

Not sure till I get there how long my appointment would take. Could be awhile if they run later or if they need to run tests. Its at the Royal Free hospital. Not sure how far this is from the meeting place.

I 'm in for the 9th. I will contact Freddy to check where you are after my appointment.

What footwear are people planning to wear ?

Edited by hh4evr1

What footwear are people planning to wear ?

Without question, something in black. Probably leather, but can't guarantee. ;)

Something high, possible the shoes in my picture as I dont think you will appreciate my metal tips stiletoes in the shopping centre drawing attention to us. Maybe even my new boots if they fit when I collect them tomorrow. Or flats if people prefer

I dont think you will appreciate my metal tips stiletoes in the shopping centre drawing attention to us.

That would be correct. ;):D

Or we could walk 10 paces behind? Anyone who is going to look, will be looking at you not the rest of us? :D Bit like a decoy? ;)

Seriously, something quiet(er) I think? In the West End it probably wouldn't matter because of the street noise, but Westfield isn't anything like as noisy, by some margin. 3 or 4 individuals, each wearing a noisy heel, could draw attention? :huh:

I was thinking along the same line. Don't want to wear something that would make others uncomfortable to be seen with me

Guys I was only joking, its my warped sense of humour. Anyway I wore them once to Lakeside never agian apart from the noise I nearly went base over apex as the metal tips are so slippery on shopping centre tiled floors. It will be something quiet I promise

I will leave the stiletto (low heel) ankle boots at home then

May try my wedge ankle boots or a block heel ankle boot.

Guys I was only joking,

You may not have noticed, but "joking" around here, is specifically banned. ( ;):P:D)

I have no idea what 'appropriate' footwear might look like. I'm going to wear something with a heel, because it's a place I will wear a heel to. But, it won't be a stiletto, ONLY because several men wearing them might draw more attention than (say) one person (me) wearing them (as I might usually wear there).

That said, the two pairs of stillies I might wear, are quieter than the block heels I intend to wear. :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Looks like this will be a good meetup.....

You can think that, but committing it in writing ....... sooooooooo tempting fate to kick it into touch. :o:D

I had a look and saw there are some nice shops there.

Aldo, Schuh etc

Looking forward to going even more now.

So is this heelmeet definitely happening (Thursday 9th May)?

If so, what are the meeting-up arrangements? It's still going to be at Westfield Shopping Centre right?

So is this heelmeet definitely happening (Thursday 9th May)?

If so, what are the meeting-up arrangements? It's still going to be at Westfield Shopping Centre right?

As long as you go, yes.

Heelman500, who's attendance together with yours the meet date was arranged around, can no longer attend. (Important and unexpected family commitments. :( )

When we met up last time, there wasn't enough time to visit one end of Oxford Street, and I'd quite like to visit Primarmi, New Look, and maybe Selfridges? Now that my walking friend has offered to have time off, I can park for 4 hours in the West End, without the fear of a parking ticket or need to arrange a mortgage for street parking. While street pavements don't provide suitable surfaces for risking expensive stiletto heels, the place is a lot busier, so easier to lose ourselves amongst a crowd? Plus, there is a greater volume of interesting shops there.

If there's time and inclination, it might be possible to include Westfield too? Before, or after?

I'm still planning to meet up in Westfield if anyone else is going to be there.

Edited by hh4evr1

At this time I'm waiting for Euchrid to get back to me with his preferences.

It's possible I could (and would) do both, but I need some indication of if/when he is about. He has two pairs of boots I'd like to try for size, but I don't expect him to carry them around all afternoon. Consequently, I am looking to meet him at the venue he prefers. It could be we meet at Westfield, and then we move on to the West End, as they are only about a 15 minute drive apart. Possibly less for someone using the Underground.

Edited by FastFreddy2

Well .......

Looks like we are having a meeting 'afternoon'. I shall be meeting Euchrid first, with Heelwearer24 joining us a bit later. If hh4evr1 gets away early from his morning appointment, he may well join us at the revised location, Oxford Street. But, it's on. B)

Oxford Street it is then. I hope to be there as soon as possible. There are some good shops etc on Oxford Street.

Nice to meeg euchrid and freddie's walking companion and see freddie again, once I found the right place

Edited by hh4evr1

Yes ...... :D

Bit frustrating at times, but we did eventually meet. B)

Report and some piccies to follow. ;)

Hospital checkup is booked for Thursday 8th May 2014 9.45am. (Letter received yesterday) so anyone who would like to me up in London ?

Hospital checkup is booked for Thursday 8th May 2014 9.45am. (Letter received yesterday) so anyone who would like to me up in London ?

If I'm still alive then, count me in. ;):P:D