Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

I may be able to avoid cobbled areas, having used Google Streetview to have a virtual wander around.

It's rather looking like I may have to park right next to the gig, as the town has no on-street-parking unless you have access to a Blue Badge, and neither me nor Mrs Freddy has - well not on that night anyway....

We are to get there early as Mrs Freddy wants to see the warm-up act. The plan at the moment is to get there early - eat, and get to the gig at 7.30/8.00pm. the clocks will have gone back by then, so the whole time we'll be there, it'll be dark. Well, dark outside and away from street lighting, away from car park lighting, away from restaurant lighting ....

I still can't decide what to put on my feet. :rolleyes: Mrs Freddy expects to be dancing to the music we'll hear, I'm not convinced so 5" stiletto's aren't off my footwear list. 2000+ people with camera phones is a little bit of a worry. Thing is, if I don't wear them at places like this, where am I going to? I suppose I could wear some block heeled boots while we eat, and a change into something less comfortable later..... :D 

The shoes I'd like to wear ...

59ee769d6d4be_5inchcourts.jpg.a00b9853e65b16abe769f189837c28b3.jpg

So far, I've worn them for 10-12 minutes, (once) walking around the mall at Bluewater after the shops had closed. :o

Those heels are too delicate for shlepping around on outdoor pavements. And unless I had black opaque hose on, hard to disguise as a mans shoe.

On 24/10/2017 at 12:16 AM, FastFreddy2 said:

I may be able to avoid cobbled areas, having used Google Streetview to have a virtual wander around.

It's rather looking like I may have to park right next to the gig, as the town has no on-street-parking unless you have access to a Blue Badge, and neither me nor Mrs Freddy has - well not on that night anyway....

We are to get there early as Mrs Freddy wants to see the warm-up act. The plan at the moment is to get there early - eat, and get to the gig at 7.30/8.00pm. the clocks will have gone back by then, so the whole time we'll be there, it'll be dark. Well, dark outside and away from street lighting, away from car park lighting, away from restaurant lighting ....

I still can't decide what to put on my feet. :rolleyes: Mrs Freddy expects to be dancing to the music we'll hear, I'm not convinced so 5" stiletto's aren't off my footwear list. 2000+ people with camera phones is a little bit of a worry. Thing is, if I don't wear them at places like this, where am I going to? I suppose I could wear some block heeled boots while we eat, and a change into something less comfortable later..... :D 

Oops, forgot about this. :rolleyes:

Despite my usual tardiness with timekeeping, we arrived at 6.45pm, early enough to grab some of the (free) on-street parking in the town. From what I can work out, that amounts to about 20 spaces. A plan well executed then? ;) :D

The car had to be parked right next to a cobbled ditch, a feature of the road that might go back to the middle-ages. The pavements were, by and large, as hazardous as anticipated. I had taken my usual boots (avatar) and the stiletto courts shown in the post above. I was reluctant to wear the boots as I know they affect how I walk. The stiletto's would not make the 4-500 yard walk to the venue, and I had taken a second pair of boots I wore while driving. They are a favoured style, but until recently, too noisy to wear in public really. Although they didn't need replacing, new softer heel tips have made them more wearable because they are now significantly quieter.

5a12bdb9235ca_ASOSboot12cmheel.jpg.1eac3fb49b26e8df9e15f8f9a886c3ad.jpg

The heel allows for me to feel like I've got a heel on, without completely changing how I walk. Win/Win.

I did think if the route to the venue allowed for the courts, I could return to the car and change them, but only a minute or two into the trek I realised I already had the more suitable footwear on. B) Although the rain held off, the air was cool which would discourage a second journey anyway.

We ate at Carluccio's, which is right next to the venue. Service was slow, and they got our starter wrong... I think the chain is not as good as it was, though our replacement waitress was very 'on the ball' but by then I'd regretted being in the place. This was my second bad experience in a row at the franchise, and I'm not sure they will be getting a 3rd chance. :( Since my visit, the man himself has passed away, which while not being good news, someone his size/shape was 'lucky' to have had they years he did. (80) RIP Antonio.

Getting into the venue was straightforward. While one or two might have noticed my heels in the restaurant (a particularly attractive woman had sat close to me on the same bench and probably watched me clip-clop off to the loo), our waitress watched and waved us out - possibly due to the generous tip. No such a problem in the venue at all. Slightly dark, bit crowded, I could have worn a dress and I doubt I'd have been noticed. Well okay, maybe not a dress ... :D

A good time was had by Mrs Freddy, though being shorter she didn't get to see much of the band. The place was full of taller people (some very tall) and Mrs F was reluctant to have me push her towards the front. I saw everything, though some of the jostling had me biting my lip so to speak, as I was more than once tempted to push back hard. In fact, I did move one person thinking about it. Of course it was easy to unbalance me in 12cm heels, which may have helped my frustration. 

On the up side, one of the two singers wore a black PVC outfit for most of the gig. The other singer wore a PVC cape later on, and the whole troupe changed into black and white PVC outfits for their encore. I don't know why I didn't take a good camera (Olympus Tough) and relied instead on my phone. (Duh!) Like all cheaper phones (and cameras) low-light performance is poor. Ho-hum.

The walk back to the car was a challenge, walking amongst a horde of others who gradually spaced themselves out as we moved away from the venue along the road to the car. Though we were both warmer on the way back, it was a relief to find the car, and start our journey home. Our original route back was partially closed due to night-time roadworks, and that added some time to our return car journey. On the up side, neither of us had fallen into the ditch alongside the parked car, and I didn't drive into it when I turned the car around, so we got back home unscathed. B) 

5a12c6c5b499b_Mainsinger.thumb.jpg.57a7e8632779da2960f8e81f71e9d379.jpg5a12c6c338c50_Mainsingerx2.jpg.57017fe8ff3306af3bc6e176b313874b.jpg5a12c6c65e652_Secondsinger.jpg.eefda6cda04d0832ffa7240f88c94f41.jpg5a12c6c1cbea8_BandinBWPVC.jpg.d72e3160310e06ab5e387d03a85e6000.jpg

Edited by FastFreddy2

Very nice boots, Freddy!   The way the heel cuts into the uppers rather suggests that the heel is not quite the full 12cm (at the back) indicated by the tape; is that so, or an optical illusion?   Impressive heels regardless and a good choice for cautious public wear.

22 hours ago, Puffer said:

Very nice boots, Freddy!   The way the heel cuts into the uppers rather suggests that the heel is not quite the full 12cm (at the back) indicated by the tape; is that so, or an optical illusion?   Impressive heels regardless and a good choice for cautious public wear.

The heel is a measured 12cm high. The heel is shaped, yes, but my heel actually sits above where the top of the heel finished. Around 4-5 mm above.

Of course the total rise is less than 12cm (by a mm or two) as the shoes have soles, which would need to be discounted from the overall height, but that would be true of any shoe of course.

I worn the same boots last Sunday when I went into the West End. Mrs Freddy had a cake and coffee voucher, and although it costs some £10/£12 in fuel to use it in town (other stores are closer), I'm loathe to see these vouchers wasted, as two had been earlier in the year. :rolleyes: 

The journey into London was fairly uneventful despite Christmas being so close, and a little patience got us parked (for free) quite close to Oxford Street, so the journey in was quite short - given how busy the place was. We into the store for 'cream scone and coffee' lunch. Before leaving to visit another store or two, I used the mens loo to wash my (now) sticky fingers. You almost never see a queue at the "mens" but on Sunday, there was a queue out to the entrance. The store uses suspended floors, and no matter how quiet I expected my heels would be with their new tips, the bouncing thud of a stacked heel is practically unmissable when walking on a trampolining floor. I scooted past the queue, itself probably raising eyebrows, and used the sink. As I leaned over I was aware I might be showing the bottom half inch of my heels, as my jeans rose over my slightly more prominent backside. Looking in the mirror immediately in front of me, I could see two (men) in the queue independently looking down toward my feet. Even if they saw something unusual, they would not have seen anything like the whole height of the heel, and might even have assumed I was wearing a Cuban heel or something similar. As I straightened up and turned, all eyes were staring toward the cubicles, as 'toilet etiquette' demands. I left knowing I'd been spotted, but not overly bothered.

We stayed in the store for a further hour, and visited a second. It was 5pm when we left that one, with it completely dark outside and moisture in the air. With little interest in getting wet, we decided to head off, thinking we would miss the main burst of heavy traffic as the shops closed at 6. We were not aware at the time that Hamleys had a Christmas parade earlier in the day. While the walk back to the car was short, the car journey home was unusually long, taking almost twice the time it usually takes. :rolleyes: Still, we sat in comfort on the journey home, listening to music we like, rather than children screaming at each other and others sniffling while they sat as would be the case on a train. Plus, the journey was some £36 cheaper on the day. B)

I'm back there again next week .... If any of you are .... 

Edited by FastFreddy2

I realise that you wear your trousers long, Freddy, but I'm sure that you will reveal somewhat more than half an inch of heel when walking, sitting or stretching.   If the observers in the loo saw only an inch or two of heel, it would hardly indicate their true height or style, unless they had been alerted by sound or the relatively slim profile.   Certainly, seeing a man in heels of anything up to 3" ought not to be too noteworthy unless they were very slim or noisy as a man's Cuban heeled boot falls into that category.   My own (very comfortable) 'cowboy' boots, worn under ordinary length jeans, do not advertise anything untoward - I hope!

5a15422e8ca5c_Cowboy1R.JPG.95c728dba1a10d09a0515a7a9b1ab923.JPG

But these, for example, probably would as the heel is higher and tapered:

• 5a154159e8176_Evanscow1.thumb.jpg.755f07b3647d2154cbb6d33882091a9a.jpg

Edited by Puffer

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

I realise that you wear your trousers long, Freddy, but I'm sure that you will reveal somewhat more than half an inch of heel when walking, sitting or stretching. 

I don't know why I'd be stretching, but walking and sitting, yes.

But then I don't sit (or walk usually) in front of a queue of men with nothing to do except stare .... It would be the sort of reason I'd cross the road, to avoid providing too much entertainment to others. While I sat eating my scone, I may well have had a heel on show. But I don't move my feet about much (with or without a heel), as to avoid drawing attention. Usually these places are so busy, noise and folk looking for seats, takes priority (by some margin) over heel spotting.

The trip to the loo I sometimes make in the same venue often has me 'spotted', because the sound of my shoe (a heel) on the raised floor. For the most part, others - which will usually include women going to or leaving the Ladies - get several milliseconds to glance at my feet and will likely get confounded by the length of my jeans. In this instance, I was static for 20-30 seconds, and men were standing still waiting in a queue, in a good position to look at my feet without seeming to be indulging in 'inappropriate behaviour' (in a mens toilet area). Had I not needed to put a jacket on, the sticky fingers problem could have waited. I didn't see anyone I recognised, nor would it have been a place a camera could have been used to capture the 'moment'. In fact the only reason to mention it, was the self-inflicted trap I put myself in. Thankfully, I only needed to wash my hands. 

I don't know I mind being "spotted" wearing a heel. It will never become socially acceptable, unless it becomes less unusual. A man or woman seeing a man in a heel once, makes that unique experience, something unusual and likely to be reported to their social circle. The same people seeing a man wearing a heel 10 or 20 times, might still not see it as the "norm" but is less likely to be reported in social circumstances. Of course it would be preferable if that sighting wasn't me, repeated 10-20 times, though I did get close to it with a store assistant in HoF. For some reason he saw me every time I went into the store. Not seen him for a while, so he must of moved on. It's not unusual for shop or store assistants to spot my shoes, and for the most part the response is positive. Yet to have a full-on sneer, and certainly not had a negative remark .... To date anyway. :huh:

Edited by FastFreddy2

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I don't know why I'd be stretching, but walking and sitting, yes.

But then I don't sit (or walk usually) in front of a queue of men with nothing to do except stare .... It would be the sort of reason I'd cross the road, to avoid providing too much entertainment to others. While I sat eating my scone, I may well have had a heel on show. But I don't move my feet about much (with or without a heel), as to avoid drawing attention. Usually these places are so busy, noise and folk looking for seats, takes priority (by some margin) over heel spotting.

The trip to the loo I sometimes make in the same venue often has me 'spotted', because the sound of my shoe (a heel) on the raised floor. For the most part, others - which will usually include women going to or leaving the Ladies - get several milliseconds to glance at my feet and will likely get confounded by the length of my jeans. In this instance, I was static for 20-30 seconds, and men were standing still waiting in a queue, in a good position to look at my feet without seeming to be indulging in 'inappropriate behaviour' (in a mens toilet area). Had I not needed to put a jacket on, the sticky fingers problem could have waited. I didn't see anyone I recognised, nor would it have been a place a camera could have been used to capture the 'moment'. In fact the only reason to mention it, was the self-inflicted trap I put myself in. Thankfully, I only needed to wash my hands. 

I don't know I mind being "spotted" wearing a heel. It will never become socially acceptable, unless it becomes less unusual. A man or woman seeing a man in a heel once, makes that unique experience, something unusual and likely to be reported to their social circle. The same people seeing a man wearing a heel 10 or 20 times, might still not see it as the "norm" but is less likely to be reported in social circumstances. Of course it would be preferable if that sighting wasn't me, repeated 10-20 times, though I did get close to it with a store assistant in HoF. For some reason he saw me every time I went into the store. Not seen him for a while, so he must of moved on. It's not unusual for shop or store assistants to spot my shoes, and for the most part the response is positive. Yet to have a full-on sneer, and certainly not had a negative remark .... To date anyway. :huh:

I mentioned 'stretching' as you had effectively done this when you leaned over the basin.   I'm sure your trousers ascended as you did so.   A similar, indeed more extreme, effect arises when reaching up or bending/crouching down, as with getting items off shop shelves.   Possibly the most revealing situation for a male heel wearer when others (shoppers or assistants) are hovering and one is, briefly, a captive 'entertainer'.

I understand the need to cross the road sometimes to minimise detection when out.   Lately, I've found people crossing the road to avoid me - I wonder why?  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I mentioned 'stretching' as you had effectively done this when you leaned over the basin.   I'm sure your trousers ascended as you did so. 

I wouldn't have described that as stretching, but as I already mentioned, leaning over the sink raised the rear hem of my jeans revealing a half inch or so of the heel. Otherwise the hem touches the floor, which is completely intentional.  B)

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I understand the need to cross the road sometimes to minimise detection when out.   Lately, I've found people crossing the road to avoid me - I wonder why?  :unsure:

I can give you a list of probably six reasons without too much thought .... (boom boom). ;) :P :D

I'm just trying to imagine you crossing your legs to try to put off the evil hour of going to the toilet. Funnily enough, I'm not even sure my heels have been noticed in the gents, and I often look at other people in the mirror while I'm walking around, washing my hands, etc. I wore boots with 4 inch very narrow heels for shopping locally yesterday. I tried to minimise the noise but you can't always do that. My wife was with me, but she's accompanied me several times while I've been wearing these. I still wonder whether I come across different people from you, Freddy, or else I'm not so observant! You really need to get those psychedelic platform courts, you know, and parade up and down in the gents. That might cause some spillages...

9 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

or else I'm not so observant! 

I will almost guarantee that is the case. :P

Walking with a woman is always good camouflage, and rubberised heels (like your wedges) help a great deal too. I've some 'high tops' with a similarly rubberised wedge heel and my walk in them is next to silent. They have a 4 inch heel, so the change in my gait is almost imperceptible.

In the department store the other day that had a queue of 8 or 9 men waiting, only two took the trouble to notice and look. But they had turned around to see if a women had taken the wrong turn at the entrance, neither one saw my actually walking in a heel until I walked away, but they heard me coming in those boots. 

I've owned them 4 years and worn them out perhaps 4 times because of the noisy stacked heel. The new tips have made a difference, but they still aren't silent. In some stores (I have one in particular in mind) suspended floors make heels sound 4 times louder than on a hard floor.

If ever we meet up, I will record the response to your shoe wearing in public.

I've had conversations with people oblivious to me wearing a heel. I've walked up to someone and startled them, while wearing a heel. Not everyone is switched on to a heel. But I've also walked up to or toward people, and they've known. Walking past anyone sitting, will get me spotted, by 50% of the people who are looking in my direction. I try really hard to avoid walking past people sitting for that reason. B)

23 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

I wouldn't have described that as stretching, but as I already mentioned, leaning over the sink raised the rear hem of my jeans revealing a half inch or so of the heel. Otherwise the hem touches the floor, which is completely intentional.  B)

I can give you a list of probably six reasons without too much thought .... (boom boom). ;) :P :D

I can think of at least seven!

At Brent Cross today .... A warmer place than the West End ...

The mall was bursting with shoppers. Very busy, great for hiding a man wearing a heel. Not 100% successful, but better than other days. So much noise, so many (busy) people. Christmas must be on the way. Probably exacerbated by B/F weekend.

So far, I have resisted spending on anything ... ;) Not even shoes!

On 26/11/2017 at 10:16 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

At Brent Cross today .... A warmer place than the West End ...

The mall was bursting with shoppers. Very busy, great for hiding a man wearing a heel. Not 100% successful, but better than other days. So much noise, so many (busy) people. Christmas must be on the way. Probably exacerbated by B/F weekend.

So far, I have resisted spending on anything ... ;) Not even shoes!

Brent Cross - the only such place where I've worn stilettos. No comments, and no reaction, so far as my unobservant self saw... The same day I also wore them for shopping in Stanmore, on uneven pavements and through stores.

1 hour ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Brent Cross - the only such place where I've worn stilettos. No comments, and no reaction, so far as my unobservant self saw... 

That's practically my local shopping centre. Shame I wasn't there to video heads turning as you passed them. ;) :D I get looks from people there, just for wearing a boot with a pointed toe. And I don't have two heads or green skin! :P

Yesterday I met up with another male heel wearer. I wore the same boots I had on during my West End jaunt when I walked past the queue at the mens loo. Apparently my heels are well hidden, even when slightly bent over (as to wash my hands). That said, when striding along at a reasonable pace, when seen from the side my heels would have been visible with every forward stride. Not that I managed that while walking into the mens, as a child (walking backwards) blocked my route anyway. But the men looked at my feet after I passed them, and I saw them looking, though they didn't see me looking at them in the mirror above the wash basin.

I've worn a stiletto heel (boot) at Westfield, and for some walking around the West End after darkness. The last time I wore some at Westfield - around 2 months ago, my walking companion complained about the noise they were making as we walked, and how indiscreet they were. :huh: She was walking next to me so the noise from the heels was as noticeable as they were ever likely to be, but as folk into a heel will doubtless confirm, the sound of a stiletto heel hitting flooring is rather like a wolf calling to the rest of the pack at the dead of night under a full moon? :D

I'm happy you feel your heel wearing is completely anonymous to others. B) But I just can't see it being so. :huh: Not that it matters, and while I'm not being as (optimistically) supportive as some might be tempted to be, I prefer to be cautious rather than cavalier about these things. If you feel you are getting away with it, then good for you!  Keep up the good work. B)

Cross-posted from High Heel Place, so apologies to anyone who's seen my identical post there...

Now something really strange... I went to a company conference on Saturday, wearing my usual 4.5 inch wedge boots, as per the photo although those are old ones, the same style, and cracked across the toe, as you can see. No one has ever commented on my heels, and I wear them most days. It was the same on Saturday, and there were over 4000 people there. I know they were noticed by several people, and some know I wear them anyway.

The strange bit: I had a bit of glitter applied to my face, as did quite a few people there. It was a bit of fun, and I thought, 'Why not.' I kept it on for the train journey home, and three people - total strangers - remarked on the glitter! WHY???????? I'm positive at least one of those saw my boots.

Pict1993a.jpg

Nice boots. B)

I would be tempted to put some liquid polish across the crack to hide it. (A bit, anyway.)  They are perfect for wearing out, as they look to have a rubber heel that is almost certainly silent. Not overly pointed either. Good find.

5a255ac09a65e_Wedgeheels.jpg.ef591c3ed84283d5e9bdbc216d6c516e.jpg

Why remark on the glitter? You do know its Christmas ..... "Good will to all men" innit. :D

Edited by FastFreddy2
Typo.

The congregation will now sing:

Ding-dong Merrily on High Heels

Lo! He comes with Heels Ascending

Last Sunday, I stayed home which practically infers a personal emergency... Nope.... Cold and overcast sky - with the promise of rain constant throughout the day - with the added cooling effect from a fairly strong wind, it was weather only suitable for reindeer and bison. :rolleyes: 

Of course I could have gone to a mall, but with Christmas only 3 weeks away, even walking around inside - with throngs of busy shoppers to contend with - it was not an enticement with any leverage. Instead I stayed home and did some DIY..... I really know how to live it up! :huh:

This week promises to be worse. A North Atlantic storm is due Wednesday night through Thursday, with 80mph winds and snow expected in Scotland and Northern England. It won't be so bad in the South East of course, but it will be far from pleasant weather either. Come the weekend, the transatlantic jet-stream is bringing us Arctic temperatures, direct from the Arctic. Another weekend at home then?

A few days before Christmas, is my favourite day of the year; Winter Solstice on December 21st.  It marks (for me) the start of a new year as daytime begins to increase having spent 6 months reducing. Of course Winter is far from over, and January is usually a worse/colder month than December. But the daylight we see each day is increasing, Christmas is over (bah-humbug), and the "sales" are in full swing.  

I've recently acquired some court shoes at almost "throw-away" prices, and I'm hoping that when the warmer weather arrives next year, I'll have the opportunity to wear some of them out - somewhere. I have no plan, nor even the remotest notion of where/when, but if there's no desire (motivation) there's no reason to develop a plan. The thought of warmer weather, and me walking in a court shoe somewhere attractive, will hopefully help me get past cold winter weekends where my tendency is to hibernate. Roll on 2018. B)

I have five pairs of those boots - one completely shot but I can't bear to throw them away. I keep them for gardening! The others are in various stages of decay - I think the uppers have got brittle, and the surface (soft plastic) is peeling off, hence the cracks. I have black shoe dye I use on these, as they were originally beige, as per my avatar. So I'll just wear them until they crack up completely, but they aren't ever going to be smart now - sob! They are soooo comfortable.

I've just bought these today - H&M, leather upper and inner sole. £10 in a charity shop. They fit beautifully apart from being a bit tight on the top, but as they're leather I'm sure they'll stretch with wearing. They are not too noisy, and the heels are slightly over 4 inches, vertical measurement. The photo shows up every scratch! I'll give them a polish.

PICT2141a.jpg

Having not been out in heels for a couple of weeks, I had expected to go out tomorrow (Sunday), "somewhere".

Not only is it blistering cold outside despite the sunny sky, but we are due snow later today and possibly early tomorrow. People in the South of the UK probably won't see it, but us folk North of London might see snow laid on the ground tomorrow. Another day of hibernation then?

If it doesn't snow, heavy rain is due later on Sunday .... Only another 12 days until the solstice ... 

5a2c0930161ae_Weather10thDec20171.thumb.jpg.3dd5764edd8ab23da3ee7fba698d9179.jpg

P.S.

So dark here despite the clear sky, lights on at 3.30pm. Well, if you want to see what you're doing anyway...

Edited by FastFreddy2

9 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

So dark here despite the clear sky, lights on at 3.30pm. Well, if you want to see what you're doing anyway...

Won't make any difference to you, Freddy, will it?   What you usually do made you go blind, surely?   (If not, white stilettos could help you to see your way ahead.)

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Won't make any difference to you, Freddy, will it?   

I need light for find things, even "attached" things...

White stiletto's help people find me, not help me 'see' the way. Snow might disguise me wearing them though.

I once wore some high heeled boots walking to work in the snow, some years ago. Hard to spot a heel in 4-5 inches of snow. Bit risky given how easy it is to end up on your backside on slippery pavements to start with.  I made the journey though, something like a 2 mile walk. I still own PU boots that I could wear in snow thinking about it. Hopefully I won't get the chance this side of Christmas. I'm not only struggling with the weather but with Mrs Freddy complaining about it. :rolleyes: We'd both rather have rain than snow (and ice), with dry weather preferred even more.

So far, over 12 hours of snow ....

5a2d49deba718_Sun10-12-17.jpg.e24f9785fa2a2d050d4feeb944732c8c.jpg

Not out of bed yet. Watched two or three Christmas films, breakfast in bed too. 

No sign of the rain promised, just more snow. If only I was 8 years old again.... :rolleyes: ;) :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Yes, when I was a kid I loved snow! It's been just rain here on the south coast although there was some very wet sleet earlier.

If I remember, you are due some nasty winds today/tomorrow.

Rain has finally arrived here, helping to clear the snow. Cold tonight, so icy tomorrow. Weather lady says that for many years now we've had mild winters with short 'snaps' of cold weather. Not this year; cold winter with the occasional mild bits. :rolleyes: Great. :(