Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

"Last minute" meeting around the UK?

I've a number of times found myself going to public places in heels, and would have liked to have shared the experience with other like minded people.

There are regular places I go to, mostly around London, though Lakeside (Essex) and Bluewater (Kent) are also popular.

I've started this thread as 'primer' to anyone else who might be out in heels around the UK, and would like to meet F-2-F with others who share our interest. I for one don't expect to meet others wearing their heels, especially if they are joining me at a local (to them) location. That said, what I mean is; I don't expect to meet men wearing their heels. ;-) :-D

I'm fairly discreet. I'm slim-ish, and for the most part wear long jeans/trousers over thick-ish 4" heels. Basically, I look taller than I usually do, and other than that don't look much different to when I wear flat shoes. ;-) So should I be fortunate enough to meet of you while out and about, it won't be me 'sticking out like a sore thumb'. :cool:

Post borrowed from another Forum on this site:

Well tomorrow I am going to Huddersfield, will be there at 9 o'clock quick delivery, rest of the day will be mine, start out at about 4am, most probs a slow drive home.

Just click on the post link [arrowhead immediately to the right of the authors name] to see the original. :-D

for the most part wear long jeans/trousers over thick-ish 4" heels. Basically, I look taller than I usually do, and other than that don't look much different to when I wear flat shoes. :cool: So should I be fortunate enough to meet of you while out and about, it won't be me 'sticking out like a sore thumb'. :-D

I can confirm that, having met Freddy once, I wouldn't have looked twice even though I was looking for a guy wearing heels when we met up.

I can confirm that, having met Freddy once, I wouldn't have looked twice even though I was looking for a guy wearing heels when we met up.

Yep, the green skin and second head are great distractions. :cool: :-D

Looks like I may be visiting London on Friday, in heels.

Subject to confirmation .....

Camden late afternoon, possibly around 5pm, with a short journey to Oxford Street for more browsing. Some inexpensive Italian food around 8 or 9pm.

Or ....

Westfield for a short walk and some food, around 6.30pm, to around 8 or 9 pm.

Will be joined I hope by one other member, and probably my (female) walking partner. :-D

Looks like Camden as a starting point it is. :cool:

I maybe have tripped myself up a bit though, as I dicovered at 9.30am today I'm working tonight, so will need to be going homeward at 6pm. :-D

The job had been booked weeks ago, but I thought it was Saturday night. Turns out it's tonight AND Saturday.

If it wasn't for the fact I'll be spending the evening around 70 to 80 girls at a party of 20-30 year olds, who will doubtless be wearing high heels, I might be tempted to cancel.

But like most people, I need the money. ;-) ;-)

Beginning to look like Oxford Street this Thursday evening. :grin:

Spent the weekend working in the garden, so haven't managed to get to Primarni (Primark/Armani) to shop for long/straight/dark jeans. They have a style I like at the moment, at

Think I'll be in Oxford Street (as usual) this Thursday evening.....

I'll have some female company with me, also as usual. We may eat around 8.30pm [at

Don't know if this is going to work, but I wore these Thursday ....

>> Boots <<

A recent purchase, and plastic/PU, so I didn't know if they would be comfortable.... Anyway, they worked out great!

Went to Brent Cross, and had a short walk around. Visited M+S, the Mens loos, and popped into Fenwicks. Left having only been 'spotted' by one or two people. These are hard to walk in as they have a 4 1/4" heel, and come with quite a strong curve on the rise. Put another way, it feels like I'm wearing 5" heels, and my gait (walk) reflected this. I should have been noticed by many more people, but I didn't stand out at all.

At Oxford Street, visited M+S store, looking for the same product I couldn't find at Brent Cross. Over to Primark (Primarni) to look for some 32" waist 34" leg jeans I'd seen a couple of weeks before. Seems I wasn't fast enough with my purchasing decision, and that particular size in that jean style, has sold out everywhere....

Back to the car and drove to Regents Street, parking around the corner to Ponti's. The two girls I'm used to seeing must have left. ;-) Food is still good, though no free drinks this time....

Was only out for about 3-4 hours in total. Was spotted by very few people, and not single remark or obvious stare. One or two men men walking behind me saw I had high heels on, but just walked past me. It was impossible to walk fast in those boots. Had a good night.

Where were you? :-(

Went to Lakeside on Friday night [12th June], with her good self.

I wore the same PU boots I'd worn last night. Madam wore these >> KG shoes << [bought earlier this year in the Sales.]

We walked around, pretty much in-step. Was a little weird, but the two lots of muted clonking heels was a joy to hear, I can tell you. :(

Started off in Primark (Primarni) trying to find the 32/34 jeans again. Don't know why, I just couldn't stop myself? Found 10+ pairs of 34/34 and each measured 33/33, which I know because I measured every pair in the store. A 32/33 would do, but it wasn't to be.

Went to Marks and Spencer again too. Trying to find a white version of this top >> long sleeved T << which I use as a base layer underneath just about any top. I've not found anything similar in a mans style, and I have tried!

Got 'twigged' by a fella, and maybe his girlfriend, as I walked toward them eating in a burger bar. Thought to myself "Oh dear", then instantly forgot about them. :(

Popped into House of Fraser, and enjoyed the selection of KG shoes there, but Shoe Factory (Nine West) have really 'gone off the boil'. Their Buyer(s) last year must have been recruited from the older section of the W.I. (bless 'em). Last season I wanted just about everything in their collection. Not so this year.

As we arrived late, there wasn't time to do much else. We ate at Bella Italia, and left for home around 11.30pm. Think the staff at Bella knew about my boots, but only the waitress sat the bar (we were the last to leave) tried to watch us go. And she was watching. I turned around twice, and she was breaking her neck to watch us walk up the stairs as we exited. :oops: IIRC she had a Polish accent, and I know from past experience Eastern Europeans are more easily surprised by men wearing heels, than maybe Brits are.

Other than the two probables noted, there were no other incidents - if that term had to be used. Which means I had another evening of walking around a multitude of people, of mixed ages and races, without a problem at all. Wearing 4 1/4" heels..... Yes, I had a very nice evening, thank you. :confused:

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Mrs Freddy's choice of shoe is very nice too. I like the "Primarni" thing, not sure how either Primark or Armani would take to it though lol.

Thanks for all your posts about your trips, keeps the interest going. The pics and links to the shoes are great, keep 'em coming.

Looking to visit Lakeside this Sunday, 30th August.

I'll be in long blue jeans, a green 'technical' short-sleeve casual top, and 4" Harley boots. I'll be there with herself, a blonde wearing flat shoes. I've no idea what the good woman will be wearing, and frankly, neither does she! (:roll:)

I'll be there from about 1pm until 5pm.

Plan "B".

Left too late to get to Lakeside, so went to Oxford Street. It's closer, and open until 6pm on Sundays.

Did Selfridges, Zara, Next, Aldo, John Lewis, stopping at Debenhams. Wore my 4" Harley boots. Not sure how many people noticed, but I did get a big smile from a young girl of about 12 sitting with her parents in Debenhams, having a drink about the time we sat down for one. (Boots are quite noisey.)

Had dinner in Carluccio's in St. Martin's, just off Oxford Street. Coincidently Jazz FM had a gig there the whole time we ate, so free live entertainment thrown in. My boots, or rather the heels, were on show the whole time we sat. They must have been noticed by the staff, and many eaters around us.

When we left, we stood outside watching the last of the Jazz show. I went back to the car to get a warmer top, and changed into (the more disposable) Priceless boots that cost me

Edited by FastFreddy2
Typo. Boots replaces Books (duh). Also added piccy link.

Reading's Oracle Mall tomorrow pm. Hopefully with local schools open again after the summer break. [Lunchtime wander following a morning meeting.]

At Henley-on-Thames later, for dinner out somewhere. [Prior to evening sales pitch. No heels during the meeting though ...... :roll:]

Well .....

Day started late due to work.

Got to spend 4pm to 8pm walking around the Oracle, with a short break outside to visit Marks and Spencer. Got to Priceless at 6.50pm just in time to watch them close the shop, despite being listed as closing at 7pm ....

Probably didn't need 4 hours in the Oracle, and maybe next time would spend more time walking around the precinct outside. Wore Harley boots, and with the exception of one Indo-Chinese looking girl of about 20 with a stunning figure (looked like she had a 14 inch waist), I didn't notice anyone noticing my footwear.

Had one little 'moment' in the Mall outside Costa, when my heel skidded from underneath me, but I managed to recover the slip without going over.

Ate at Bella Pasta, before leaving Reading. Had to cancel the Henley visit as the satnav told me the journey home was going to take well over two hours. Also meant I didn't get the evening out wearing the >> Priceless boots << I expected to wear...

I've been to Westfield a couple of times, and if I had left Reading earlier, there was some prospect of visiting there being a "Plan B". However, I'd overstayed, and going home was the only real option. I'm hoping the next time I go to Westfield, I have the courage to wear stiletto's .... I mention this in passing.... I wouldn't normally contemplate doing such a thing, but the floor is flat and even, and it's a very 'dress up' kinda place. :roll: If I'm ever going to wear some of my >> really nice boots << out in the real world, it's going to somewhere like Westfield. [The 02 Arena is another venue with equally suitable characteristics.]

One day .... :roll:

A bit off topic for heels4men, but close enough... To celebrate the Rocky Horror show coming to MK theatre they are having a fancy dress and Rocky Horror Karaoke at MK Centre this Saturday the 19th Sept. I will be popping up there for an hour or so to take a look. Anyone else going to see what's happening?

A bit off topic for heels4men, but close enough... To celebrate the Rocky Horror show coming to MK theatre they are having a fancy dress and Rocky Horror Karaoke at MK Centre this Saturday the 19th Sept. I will be popping up there for an hour or so to take a look. Anyone else going to see what's happening?

How did that go? :)

Reading again tomorrow PM.

Anyone know a good place to eat at Henley-on-Thames .... Assuming I get there this time .... :lol: ;-)

How did that go? :)

Underwhelming. Missed the fancy dress judging and the "Rockyoke" turned out to be just pop Karaoke with the Rocky Horror Hearse in the back of the stage. All in all a wasted journey.

Re. Rocky Horror

Are you going to see the show at MK Theatre?

In view of the lack of a celebrity cast (Steve Pemberton - pathetic!) & the rip-off prices I shan't be going, unless I can aquire some free tickets from somewhere.

Would be good to go to a performance again one day though - it's the perfect 'cover' for a heel-wearing bloke.

I want to get to the Rocky Horror in MK, and may get to go with Mrs Shyguy (just maybe). It's one of those things I want to do someday anyway.

Underwhelming. Missed the fancy dress judging and the "Rockyoke" turned out to be just pop Karaoke with the Rocky Horror Hearse in the back of the stage. All in all a wasted journey.

Shame. :lol: Seems like a 'warm up' opportunity for the show running in October, was wasted.

Tickets for show at MK Theatre on Friday 6pm, around

Edited by FastFreddy2

At Reading yesterday, and frankly, was almost a waste of time.

Walked around the outdoor shopping area that I missed last time, and even got as far at The Broadstreet Mall. [aka The

I really, really, really, dislike the musical score.

I like the opening song (Science Fiction/Double Feature) & the two at the end (I'm Going Home + Superheroes). Not too keen on the rest of them.

I love the closing quotation:-

"And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects... called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning".

That's far out man! :)